Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Volunteering Opportunities Maynooth

Options
  • 10-08-2016 8:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭

Anybody know of any volunteering opportunities in Maynooth or nearby (apart from Tidy Towns)?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,869 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Two SVP and one NCBI charity shop, Scouts, sports teams of every variety, residents associations, community council possibly. Is there any area you're specifically interested in?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Maynooth Scouts always need more volunteers .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭pajo1981

You could learn Clarinet and play in the Maynooth Brass band.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭YellowLead

Thanks very much for the suggestions. I work full time so the charity shops would be out of the question. Not very good at sports and also I feel these types of clubs lend themselves better to volunteers who have kids in the club's or maybe they are a sports player themselves. I was thinking more along the lines of something to help elderly people; those with a physical, psychological or special need; or people who are economically disadvantaged. I'm going to apply for Special Olympics, they have clubs in Maynooth and Leixlip and it's such a worthwhile cause.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,869 ✭✭✭✭L1011

There's a Senior Citizens Committee which is mostly run by the more active senior citizens themselves but they do have non-Senior members/volunteers also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭fmc3105

Would you be interested in helping out for a 2 hour slot in November in an annual bag pack forAnam Cara Supporting Parents After Bereavement? It takes place in Dunnes Stores in Manor Mills in Maynooth on a Saturday. The date has gone from my head but I will be able to confirm tomorrow ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,205 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

http://www.volunteer.ie/ has a database of all sorts of volunteering opportunities. You can search by geographical area or interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭YellowLead

I would be. I work for a charity myself, so as long as it doesn't clash with anything organised at work I would love to (I don't normally work weekends but coming up to Christmas there will be the odd occasion). i know how difficult it is to get volunteers when it comes to Fundraising!

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭fmc3105

Thanks for that. As I don't post here very often I cannot put up the link to Anam Cara. But if you put the name of the charity "anamcara" together with info and @ before it and .ie after saying about the bag pack you will get a reply. Many thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

The youth projects in cellbridge and leixlip would accept volunteers too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

I know a lot of the Scout leaders in Maynooth, they're great people. Can't but recommend it.

Advertisement