Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Civil servant sick pay

Options
  • 10-08-2016 8:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Hi, does anyone who works in the civil service know if you are out sick but only receiving half pay should you receive your illness benefit directly from the department of social protection or should your employer receive it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭notharrypotter

You apply for illnesses benefit not your employer.

If your employer is paying you wages while ill the terms would be in your contract.

It probably says something along the lines of we will pay you xxx salary while ill but you must claim illnesses benefit and forward the cheque to the employer.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Luckymummy

Luckymummy wrote: »
    Hi, does anyone who works in the civil service know if you are out sick but only receiving half pay should you receive your illness benefit directly from the department of social protection or should your employer receive it?

I can't find my contract. It would be the same for all civil servant so just checking if others know. I know if you are on full pay they receive the full amount of your illness benefit but unsure if you are on half pay if it's the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭notharrypotter

They will still get it.

It is not a scenario that you get illnesses benefit on top of your wages.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Luckymummy

They will still get it.

It is not a scenario that you get illnesses benefit on top of your wages.

I don't expect to get the illness benefit on top of my full wages. However when I am on half pay it is less than the amount of illness benefit.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

It might be less than the illness benefit but its still correct in terms of you only get half of your pay. You dont get 55%, 60% etc its 50% so illness benefit has nothing to do with it at all.

• Advertisement
Advertisement