Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with Broadband Only Line Deactivation

Options
  • 10-08-2016 10:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi,

I moved into an apartment 3 weeks ago and on speaking to Eir (first call 28th of July) in relation to getting Broadband service, they have informed me that there is an active broadband only account (no phone line) from the previous tenant. 

I have spoken to Eir numerous times over the last 2 weeks in relation to getting the line deactivated. I provided my tenancy agreement to the agent I was dealing with on July 31st and never heard anything more from her. I have been actively contacting Eir every day or two to get an update and keep getting passed from department to department and being told different areas to contact. No one has been able to provide any update on the line being cancelled. 

I was put through to your billing team this morning and was advised I needed to send my tenancy agreement to the proofofaddress Eir email address and they will cancel the active line. I have sent this to them this morning and wondering how long this process will take and also to confirm I don't need to do anything further? I desperately need to get internet service and can't afford to keep spending 40 mins a day on the phone to Eir and getting no where!

Happy to provide further info for you to look into this.

Thanks,

Laura 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Fae1234 wrote: »
    Hi,

I moved into an apartment 3 weeks ago and on speaking to Eir (first call 28th of July) in relation to getting Broadband service, they have informed me that there is an active broadband only account (no phone line) from the previous tenant. 

I have spoken to Eir numerous times over the last 2 weeks in relation to getting the line deactivated. I provided my tenancy agreement to the agent I was dealing with on July 31st and never heard anything more from her. I have been actively contacting Eir every day or two to get an update and keep getting passed from department to department and being told different areas to contact. No one has been able to provide any update on the line being cancelled. 

I was put through to your billing team this morning and was advised I needed to send my tenancy agreement to the proofofaddress Eir email address and they will cancel the active line. I have sent this to them this morning and wondering how long this process will take and also to confirm I don't need to do anything further? I desperately need to get internet service and can't afford to keep spending 40 mins a day on the phone to Eir and getting no where!

Happy to provide further info for you to look into this.

Thanks,

Laura 
    Hi  Fae1234,

Thanks for getting in touch.
    I am so sorry to hear of the difficulties you have experienced.
    Once you contact proofofaddress@eir.ie this should be processed in 3-5 working days. 
    If you need any further assistance with this please do let me know.

-Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Fae1234

Thanks Pamela. Should I receive an email or call once it has been cancelled or how is best to know it has been deactivated? Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭eir: Ciara

Thanks Pamela. Should I receive an email or call once it has been cancelled or how is best to know it has been deactivated? Thanks.
    Hi Fae1234,

You should receive an automated email response to advise the account has now been cancelled.

Kind Regards,
    Ciara

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Fae1234

Hi Ciara,

I haven't received anything to confirm it is cancelled or any further communication. If I PM you my details, can you check as it is now longer than the 3-5 working days and this issue has been ongoing for a number of weeks now.

Thanks,

Laura 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭eir: Ciara

Hi Ciara,

I haven't received anything to confirm it is cancelled or any further communication. If I PM you my details, can you check as it is now longer than the 3-5 working days and this issue has been ongoing for a number of weeks now.

Thanks,

Laura 
    Hi Laura, 

If you PM the details I will be more than happy to check this out for you.

Kind Regards,
    Ciara

• Advertisement
Advertisement