Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5GB data plan. Only recieving 2GB

Options
  • 10-08-2016 10:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Have a bundle with eir broadband and 2 mobiles
    On the mobile ending '753' I have a 5GB plan
    Service has been restricted since reaching 2GB.
    Have had no data last three days.

Have phoned customer care three times.
    -First guy couldnt help
    -second two calls were terminated while I was on hold
    -Total time spent on these calls circa. 45 mins.
    Have had the phone roughly 6 months, this issue has only cropped up this month.

I have two mobile on this account, the other mobile has been having this problem for the last 6 months+ nobody can seem to resolve.

I have been over-charged - Someone in customer care added a data bundle in order to fix the issue and the cost of same was added to the bill.

Recieved text message today threatening service termination if bill is not paid.

a. Can somebody please fix the issue with data on both phones OR at least inform me if issue is unfixable?
    b. Can I be issued with correct bill? I can pay same immediately however not prepared to pay for extra data bundles
    c. Can I recieve confirmation service will resume until these issues are fixed?

d. To where do I send a data access request?

The amount of time spent on calls and visits to local store (15 to 20 visits) to fix the initial issue is absurd. Now looks like this new issue is going to involve the same level time spent on calls etc.

Can issues above, particularly issue a be resolved?
    I can send my details via PM to whomever requests them.

Please, if possible read over the mountains of notes on the account in order to grasp how frustrating this has become, the timescale involved and the amount of time we, the customers have spent trying to resolve an issue on your side.

Trying to be as brief as possible apologies for the long-winded post.

Thanking you in advance for your help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭eir: Ciara

JustLen wrote: »
    Hi,

-First guy couldnt help

I have two mobile on this account, the other mobile has been having this problem for the last 6 months+ nobody can seem to resolve.

I have been over-charged - Someone in customer care added a data bundle in order to fix the issue and the cost of same was added to the bill.

Recieved text message today threatening service termination if bill is not paid.

a. Can somebody please fix the issue with data on both phones OR at least inform me if issue is unfixable?
    b. Can I be issued with correct bill? I can pay same immediately however not prepared to pay for extra data bundles

The amount of time spent on calls and visits to local store (15 to 20 visits) to fix the initial issue is absurd. Now looks like this new issue is going to involve the same level time spent on calls etc.

Please, if possible read over the mountains of notes on the account in order to grasp how frustrating this has become, the timescale involved and the amount of time we, the customers have spent trying to resolve an issue on your side.

Hi JustLen,

Thank you for getting in touch. I am very sorry to hear this has happened. I completely understand how frustrating this must be for you. I can assure you this is not the level of service eir aim to provide and I will be sure to relay your feedback onto the relevant department. 

Can you PM me your account number please and I will be more than happy to look into your account for you? 

Kind Regards,
    Ciara

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭JustLen

eir: Ciara wrote: »
    Hi,

-First guy couldnt help

Hi JustLen,

Thank you for getting in touch. I am very sorry to hear this has happened. I completely understand how frustrating this must be for you. I can assure you this is not the level of service eir aim to provide and I will be sure to relay your feedback onto the relevant department. 

Can you PM me your account number please and I will be more than happy to look into your account for you? 

Kind Regards,
    Ciara
    Since posting here I was on to customer care again.

Last Wednesday I spoke to a chap who filled out a report while I was on the call and sent it to another department. He said someone would be back to me the next day with a resolution.

Week later no response so I called up again today. The helpful person told me that he had not filled in any report and instead had sent an email off to 'mobile tech' They then replied to say I had reached my 2GB limit and took no further action.

I paid 102 today and 125 this day last week, A total of 225 in the last 7 days and all I get is a promise of a call back even tho there was no intention of ever calling back.

I have had no data for 10 days. My service was completely cut off this morning, same for my partners phone.
    I paid the balance of 102 this morning @ 08:55 as we both need our phones, service still hasnt come back as of 17:10pm. I was told a few hours max.

I am sending a pm now with my details.

As above;

Let me make it clear that I now want out of this contract. I am formally asking you, eir to release me from the contract or resolve the issue with my data and my partners data (ongoing for 7 months) within the next 7 days.

I have been nothing but polite to all eir employees both on the phone and in-store in all of my dealings with them despite recieving terrible attitude and service from some of these employees.

I am spending my time trying to resolve a technical issue with your service. eir have made no genuine effort to resolve the issue.

Thanks in advance.

Still no service on either phone as off 10:45 today.

I rang yesterday evening to be told I shouldnt have been promised a return to service within a few hours as it takes up to 24 hours.

Not able to make/send or recieve calls, texts or data. Full payment was made yesterday @ 08.55am (25 hours ago)

Just off the phone to customer care where I was told by Kevin it takes up to 48 hours.
    Eimear told me yesterday up to 24 hours.
    The girl on Wednesday told me a few hours.

Asked him for any updates on data issue, put me on hold for a while and comes back to advise me to turn the phone off and on again. This is a wind up.

Finally got most issues sorted as of yesterday.
    Just to note I first raised this issue on this thread 12 days ago and the only help I got was to request my account number.

• Advertisement

Just to note I first raised this issue on this thread 12 days ago and the only help I got was to request my account number.
    Issues are back once again. Have been through this with 4 different CS reps who have all promosed to get me a call back.

None of these call backs have materialised.

Could somebody please arrange for a callback from a staff member who is able to fix the issue?

I am still being overcharged on my bill. I am being threatened with removal of service once again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Issues are back once again. Have been through this with 4 different CS reps who have all promosed to get me a call back.

None of these call backs have materialised.

Could somebody please arrange for a callback from a staff member who is able to fix the issue?

I am still being overcharged on my bill. I am being threatened with removal of service once again.

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]JustLen,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I'm sorry to hear this issue is still on-going. Can you PM me your account details & I will take a look into this.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Pamela[/font]

Pamela I sent a PM and didnt get a reply?

This is still happening. nearly at 2gb and im about to lose data again.

This is coming up to a year now Ive been going through this with eir.

Can this be fixed yes or no? if not i will stop complaining about it, just tell me either way.

Also ive been sent seven customer satisfaction surveys in recent weeks, ye really are a joke of a company!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Pamela I sent a PM and didnt get a reply?

This is still happening. nearly at 2gb and im about to lose data again.

This is coming up to a year now Ive been going through this with eir.

Can this be fixed yes or no? if not i will stop complaining about it, just tell me either way.

Also ive been sent seven customer satisfaction surveys in recent weeks, ye really are a joke of a company!!
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]JustLen,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I have checked my PM's & I haven’t received this. Can you send it again?[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Pamela [/font]

Just to notify anyone that comes across this thread that these issues are still not resolved.

Never have I been through so much hassle with any person or company.

I would strongly advise anyone to stay away from eir.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna

Hi JustLen,

Thanks for getting back in touch and I'm a very sorry to hear this.

Can you please PM myself your account number and full name and I will query this for you?

I am very sorry for the inconvenience that has been caused to you.

Thanks,
    Anna

eir: Anna wrote: »
    Hi JustLen,

Thanks for getting back in touch and I'm a very sorry to hear this.

Can you please PM myself your account number and full name and I will query this for you?

I am very sorry for the inconvenience that has been caused to you.

Thanks,
    Anna

No I have given up. I will just see out the contract as I cant bear to go through the crap I and my partner have been through any longer.

I just want to do my bit to make people aware of the way eir treat people and boards is a good way to do it.

Obviously many other boards members feel the same.

Thanks for your reply and I appreciate the offer of help. I have no ill will towards any individual employee. I do however hope eir (the company) dies a slow death and burns in hell.

Will not reply in this thread again.

Regards,
    Len.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna

I am very sorry for what you have experienced to date.

Please feel free to PM me your details if you do change your mind.

Thanks,
    Anna

I said I wouldnt reply again but just want to bump this.

I am still owed 115 euro that I seem to havr no hope of getting.

Overcharged on my closing bill by 115.

Over 2 years of torment.

Anyone considering switching to eir, stay clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Poulgorm

I also had a harrowing experience with Eir - they put me through the wringer for about 6 months.  Eventually, following the intervention of ComReg, they backed down, returned the money they wrongly confiscated from me and allowed me to end the contract without penalty.

I sometimes wonder, does anybody from senior management in Eir ever read these threads.  There must be a senior manager in Eir (reporting directly to the CEO) who is responsible for customer service.  He (or she) and the CEO cannot be so out of touch that they are unaware of the behaviour of their staff.

Because it is their staff, at the end of the day, who are mistreating customers.  And senior management let them get away with it.  Or, maybe, they encourage their bad behaviour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

Poulgorm wrote: »
    I also had a harrowing experience with Eir - they put me through the wringer for about 6 months.  Eventually, following the intervention of ComReg, they backed down, returned the money they wrongly confiscated from me and allowed me to end the contract without penalty.

I sometimes wonder, does anybody from senior management in Eir ever read these threads.  There must be a senior manager in Eir (reporting directly to the CEO) who is responsible for customer service.  He (or she) and the CEO cannot be so out of touch that they are unaware of the behaviour of their staff.

Because it is their staff, at the end of the day, who are mistreating customers.  And senior management let them get away with it.  Or, maybe, they encourage their bad behaviour.
    Hi Poulgorm,

I'm very sorry to hear of the issues you've been having.

Please feel free to send me your full name,m account number and outline the issue you've been experiencing and I can have this investigated for you.

Thanks

Thomas

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Poulgorm

Thomas, if you read my post with even a minimum of attention, you would see that the problem was resolved, thanks to ComReg.  I am now with another provider.  

This is still going on.

I am now getting text messages about an over due bill.

Contract cancelled and ended months ago.

Cant access myeir app as I am no longer a customer.

Cant get an answer through customer care line as when I give details there is no account.

Can someone sort this?

PM sent to Thomas with my details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

This is still going on.

I am now getting text messages about an over due bill.

Contract cancelled and ended months ago.

Cant access myeir app as I am no longer a customer.

Cant get an answer through customer care line as when I give details there is no account.

Can someone sort this?

PM sent to Thomas with my details.
    Hi JustLen, 

Unfortunately Thomas is not in, however, I have responded to your PM there now. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Advertisement