Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Itunes / iphone sync query

Options
  • 10-08-2016 10:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,022 ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I've been experiencing an issue with the stock camera on Iphone 6S+ and its driving me mad. Basically, there is an annoying lag on opening the application (only happens when its running in the background); never an issue if I close the app after each use which is a right pain. Info suggests that a factory reset will correct problem. Tried this recently and reinstalled a recent backup but problem persists.

So...I'm gonna wipe everything. Photos are safe in the cloud. But there are a copule of things I'd like to retain after resetting namely lockbox and more importantly, all messages. Is it possible ?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

You'll lose your messages. You might be able to extract them from the backup and view them on a computer, but you won't be able to restore them to the phone.

I don't know what Lockbox is but it will depend whether it stores data in iCloud or on its own server. If only stores data on the phone itself, you will lose that data as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,022 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

You'll lose your messages. You might be able to extract them from the backup and view them on a computer, but you won't be able to restore them to the phone.

I don't know what Lockbox is but it will depend whether it stores data in iCloud or on its own server. If only stores data on the phone itself, you will lose that data as well.

Thank you kindly Sir :o

I might look at 3rd part options for message retrieval & restore (assuming that the issue is resolved with a wipe/reset. The lockbox app data transfers from cloud backup (despite reports to the contrary).

Advertisement