Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post-Thanksgiving in NYC!

Options
  • 10-08-2016 10:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Ok, exciting times ahead as myself and a few others are heading to NYC on the Saturday after Thanksgiving! We've an airbnb booked in Manhattan and I was just wondering if anyone has any tips of seasonal things to do. This is my 4th trip to New York so I don't need the usual tips (although if there's anything random and cool to share, please do!) but was wondering about Christmassy type things that might be on, or that are good to see around that time of year? We're getting married that time next year so I know herself is planning a trip to Kleinfelds if she can (Say YES! :P) but otherwise we're fairly free and easy. We've a whole week there so time to get out of the city one of the days if there's something amazing somewhere.

So yeah, what are your top tips for New York in the Christmas run up?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭RuckingSwimmer

Hey guys,

Ok, exciting times ahead as myself and a few others are heading to NYC on the Saturday after Thanksgiving! We've an airbnb booked in Manhattan and I was just wondering if anyone has any tips of seasonal things to do. This is my 4th trip to New York so I don't need the usual tips (although if there's anything random and cool to share, please do!) but was wondering about Christmassy type things that might be on, or that are good to see around that time of year? We're getting married that time next year so I know herself is planning a trip to Kleinfelds if she can (Say YES! :P) but otherwise we're fairly free and easy. We've a whole week there so time to get out of the city one of the days if there's something amazing somewhere.

So yeah, what are your top tips for New York in the Christmas run up?

I was there the week before Christmas a few years ago and one of the best things we did was a Holiday Lights tour - bus brought us around the city to see all the light displays on the buildings or in windows (with a number of stops along the way to see them up close). Would definitely do it again if I was back there at that time of the year. If you google NYC holiday lights tour you'll get a few options

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

I love the Rockettes Christmas show in Radio City Music Hall.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,953 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Hope I'm not raining on your parade, but I thought Air BnB was banned in NY recently or something. Anyway, hope it will all be ok for you.

Just get out there and walk around, it is magical at that time of year. Once Thanksgiving is over, its the HOLIDAYS!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,058 ✭✭✭afatbollix

I love the Rockettes Christmas show in Radio City Music Hall.

It came off last month.

Was there in the summer and did a helicopter tour. It was amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Hope I'm not raining on your parade, but I thought Air BnB was banned in NY recently or something. Anyway, hope it will all be ok for you.

Just get out there and walk around, it is magical at that time of year. Once Thanksgiving is over, its the HOLIDAYS!

It's always been banned because rentals less than 30 days long are illegal but it's still very common.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

afatbollix wrote: »
    It came off last month.

What do you mean "it came off"?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Uh oh, ye have me worried about accommodation now... :eek:

Ah feck it, if it falls through we'll find a hotel and eat €1 pizza slices for the week. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Uh oh, ye have me worried about accommodation now... :eek:

Ah feck it, if it falls through we'll find a hotel and eat €1 pizza slices for the week. :P

You will be fine I did Airbnb there last December most hosts will just ask you to say you are a family or friend visiting, try go ice skating at Rockafeller in front of the Christmas tree enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭webpal

Jump on the subway and head to dyker heights in Brooklyn. It's like home alone, all massive houses done up with lights. You should expect to walk around a bit but nothing out of the ordinary. That said you might be a bit early for them in November but have a Google at the images anyway and you'll see what I mean. I'd recommend the rockettes Christmas show too.

Advertisement