Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rio - Track Cycling events - no spoiler tags required

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

fryup wrote: »
    is cavandish competing ?

Omnium, soon...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

If you can get iPlayer its on here

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Raam wrote: »
    Omnium, soon...

Now in the Scratch Race. 45 laps left.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭D9Male

Those two British team pursuit girls come across very well. Very confident and articulate.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,573 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

BBC1 have concluded that an actual omnium cycling race happening right now involving a member of Team GB should not be shown, instead they should interview two members of Team GB and ask questions about a race involving another member later in the week.
    Why not voiceover the interview over the race?
    And now there's a prepared video speaking to the man who is actually racing right now in Rio. Right now!
    So we are being told that this is an important man, in an important race... but we're not going to show you the actual race yet children.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Omnium, soon...

It was actually started when you posted, currently 18 laps to go, 12 mins in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

odyssey06 wrote: »
    BBC1 have concluded that an actual omnium cycling race happening right now involving a member of Team GB should not be shown, instead they should interview two members of Team GB and ask questions about a race involving another member later in the week.
    Why not voiceover the interview over the race?
    And now there's a prepared video speaking to the man who is actually racing right now in Rio. Right now!
    So we are being told that this is an important man, in an important race... but we're not going to show you the actual race yet children.

The children should be in bed by now.

Christ, the Beeb love their stupid interviews and montages.

Even Rocky had a montage....montage....

BBC RB3 if you have it lads. All track, all track.

• Advertisement

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    BBC RB3 if you have it lads. All track, all track.

Alas... :(

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,477 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

C'mon Andy!!!

oops - wrong forum:o

Beasty wrote: »
    C'mon Andy!!!

oops - wrong forum:o

Just had a quick look, 2 love up. Get in!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

not watching it, mother has TV remote

how did Cav do??

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Have to say, looking at the speeds they get up to on the track has me half wanting to book a flight over to Manchester to have a go for myself.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,477 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

fryup wrote: »
    not watching it, mother has TV remote

how did Cav do??
    6th

We'll soon be getting an hour of the IP

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Doing my head in, could see scratch race going on behind an interview and then they cut to a pre recorded interview with Cav ????

We'll soon be getting an hour of the IP

That's what you think. I'm sure the Beeb can waste a good 20 mins on shíte.

P_1 wrote: »
    Have to say, looking at the speeds they get up to on the track has me half wanting to book a flight over to Manchester to have a go for myself.
    We do have a track in Dublin (having said that I've a track bike based in Manchester!)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭neris

The missus is getting well freaked by those chinese helmets,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

How did Gaviria end up ahead of Cav when the sprint finished with Cav behind the Kiwi? did they ring the bell on the wrong lap? and cut away?

It seems the story is more important than the race.

P_1 wrote: »

You can see watching this how it was such a big sport for audiences back in the mid 1900s when youd the likes of coppi, bartelli or mercxx doing track races over the winter

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

We do have a track in Dublin (having said that I've a track bike based in Manchester!)

It looks more fun on the indoor track though :pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

The Eamon Ceannt track to be precise

Sure he was looking 100 years into the future and seeing a Yorkshire man promoting Irish track cycling back in the GPO.

"Was is for this?" ;)

The leg speed that Kenny generates in amazing. Would he be running a smaller gear that he can appear to be turning the cranks much faster than the others or is he just stronger?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Hager

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    The leg speed that Kenny generates in amazing. Would he be running a smaller gear that he can appear to be turning the cranks much faster than the others or is he just stronger?

Boardman said in commentary that he runs a smaller gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

Thank god for the red button.

Thank god for the red button.

As someone who called his Boardsie ID after God I simply can't understand why you chose Eric !!

• Advertisement

What was/or is the madison?

Advertisement