Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rio - Track Cycling events - no spoiler tags required

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Laura Trott has a lot done before the Omnuim doesn't she? Especially given that she's a hot favourite. No fifth TP/Omnuim woman like the mens (Cav) no?

Fcukin hell one WR after another! That looked slick. Kate Archibold (sp?) is super smooth!

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭brianomc

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

brianomc wrote: »
    Wow.

The French lass didn't really do her too many favour there.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,477 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

nee wrote: »
    Laura Trott has a lot done before the Omnuim doesn't she? Especially given that she's a hot favourite. No fifth TP/Omnuim woman like the mens (Cav) no?
    1 reserve is allowed in both men's and women's TP. In the case of the men's they decided on Cav and also chose him for the Omnium. Equally they could have chosen Clancy or Wiggins for the Omnium.

In the women's Trott has been so strong in both events she has been chosen for both. Equally any of the other 4 in the pursuit squad could do the Omnium (or indeed someone like Lizzie Armistead or one of the BMX team!)

• Advertisement

Yeah just thinking of recovery for the Omnium for Trott though, I am aware of the reserve, would have though given her chances of medalling in the omnuim she'd have been rested and been the reserve. She's so super, super strong she can do it all!

The Dutch rider who was ridden up off the track has gone through on the repechages

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

There is a 5th TP rider and AFAIK it's ex Irish rider Ciara Horne

Bauget v Dimitriev phew that was exciting! Can't wait for the other two of those!

Van riessen (Dutch board surfer!) in the keirin semi final now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

Bauget v Dimitriev phew that was exciting! Can't wait for the other two of those!

That will really have messed with an already precious mind the way that was lost.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭blondeonblonde

The Keirin is pretty exciting stuff! Can someone explain why they do so many laps behind the pacemaker? Once they start and form their positions behind the pacemaker, there is no racing going on. I can see why they might follow for one or two laps but 5 and a half seems a bit much. Is it just to warm them up or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Itziger

The amount of marginal gains made by the Brits in this sport is flipping mind-boggling. Gold after gold. Sprints now and it'll probably be GB Vs GB in final.

The beeb take a break and show the tennis and what a game by Nadal to stay in the match. Amazing tennis just there!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭irishrover99

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    The beeb take a break and show the tennis and what a game by Nadal to stay in the match. Amazing tennis just there!

It's on rte as well.no problem with a break from the beeb. Claire balding bugs me.

It's on rte as well.no problem with a break from the beeb. Claire balding bugs me.

I don't mind her. Probably cos I did a fair amount of horse riding as a young fella myself!

Does Wiggo have his bars very close together on the pursuit bike? The way he gets his hand so close that his thumb on his right hand goes over onto the top of his left is wierd. I have not seen anyone else doing that.

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    I don't mind her. Probably cos I did a fair amount of horse riding as a young fella myself!

I used to like her to just changed my mind about her a few years ago. Only issue I have with the Beeb coverage and she's better than Joanne cantwell on rte. also not sure about Martin Irvine. Watching paint dry comes to mind

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Another WR

Fantastic for the Brits well done to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Jeeze who is the Brit girl with no hair?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,402 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

bazermc wrote: »

joanna rowsell - has alopecia

The Yanks made a real mess of that, wouldn't have beaten GB's time, but should have been a hell of a lot closer.

bazermc wrote: »

A very integral part of that team for many years now.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,477 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Inquitus wrote: »
    The Yanks made a real mess of that, wouldn't have beaten GB's time, but should have been a hell of a lot closer.
    They did, but that's what happens when you race at your limit. They were hoping to put enough pressure on to cause similar problems with GB as they must have realised that was their best chance. They could have played it a bit safer but may well have lost by more.

Becky James the only one with a 3-spokes again. Clearly Team GB think there's a benefit (or if not are playing some mind games again!)

Becky James made a mess of that one, she seemed to have the best legs but left herself far too much to do.

Becky James made a mess of that one, she seemed to have the best legs but left herself far too much to do.

I thought that she was gone. Some pace to get 2nd.

According to RTE
    Cycling: A bit of breaking news from the cycling world as Martyn Irvine confirms that he will be going back racing next year...

Assume that means the track, and the Suir Valley 3 day doesn't count......

According to RTE

Assume that means the track and the Suir Valley 3 day doesn't count......

Pro?

• Advertisement

Jason kenny could be in trouble here. Dimitrev looks like he has the beaten of him

Advertisement