Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Medical query life assurance

• 10-08-2016 11:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,

I am hoping to get a mortgage with my partner. Since bidding on a house we love I have had to undergo medical tests as a result of an abnormal smear test.

The finding of these is that I need to undergo a cone biopsy to remove cells and then I should be fine. Does anyone know if I would be able to get life assurance before the procedure, so we can go ahead with the sale of the house. Has anyone been in a similar situation? If so,which company would be best to go with please?

Thank you

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

The only way to find out is to propose for cover.

You'll have to disclose the ongoing tests. No underwriter is more lenient than any other - you'll either be accepted at ordinary rates, loaded, deferred, or declined.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,476 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

The only way to find out is to propose for cover.

You'll have to disclose the ongoing tests. No underwriter is more lenient than any other - you'll either be accepted at ordinary rates, loaded, deferred, or declined.

And if you are declined by any prospective insurer, you will be obliged to declare this in the future when obtaining a quote for any type of life assurance, regardless of the results of the tests. Worth bearing in mind.

It may be better to get the biopsy and any follow-up treatment done and dusted before looking for life cover.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

coylemj wrote: »
    And if you are declined by any prospective insurer, you will be obliged to declare this in the future when obtaining a quote for any type of life assurance, regardless of the results of the tests. Worth bearing in mind.

It may be better to get the biopsy and any follow-up treatment done and dusted before looking for life cover.

There's a register for "rated risks" which all insurers have access to.

A biopsy and follow up treatment would have to be disclosed in any event.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭iainBB

Ilkesummer wrote: »
    Hi,

I am hoping to get a mortgage with my partner. Since bidding on a house we love I have had to undergo medical tests as a result of an abnormal smear test.

The finding of these is that I need to undergo a cone biopsy to remove cells and then I should be fine. Does anyone know if I would be able to get life assurance before the procedure, so we can go ahead with the sale of the house. Has anyone been in a similar situation? If so,which company would be best to go with please?

Thank you

If you also had a medical condition that made you forgot things you might not disclose it as a result of your medical condition. ðŸ˜႒

Advertisement