Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a foundation brush

Options
  • 10-08-2016 11:29am
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I've been using a RealTechniques one and its shedding like crazy, leaving long black hairs stuck to my face. Can anyone recommend a brush?
    TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

Zoeva have fantastic brushes especially for cream products!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭mel123

One i WOULDNT recommend is the MAC one. My god i dont know how there is any hair left on it that much does be on my face after i put on my foundation.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

GingerLily wrote: »
    Zoeva have fantastic brushes especially for cream products!

Can only see a Galway stockist for Ireland, I'm in Dublin would like to touch/feel before buying. Thanks though.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 411

I have the F20 Blank Canvas Brush for foundation and I love it! Really good quality brushes and affordable prices! Also gives a really nice coverage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

411 wrote: »
    I have the F20 Blank Canvas Brush for foundation and I love it! Really good quality brushes and affordable prices! Also gives a really nice coverage.

Me too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Dibs24

Highly recommended the buffer brush from AYU. Been using it for a couple of months now and I even bought one to have as spare. The brush is super soft, washes easily and has held it's shape. I can't remember the exact price but it wasn't expensive either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

Can I ask which real techniques brush you've been having problems with because when I saw the name of this thread I clicked on to recommend the real techniques expert face brush. I've given mine a thorough cleaning a good few times and I've never had it shed any bristles at all.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

I use this one also. I bought a set of two so I have another brush to use when one is dirty and I'm procrastinating my brush cleaning!

Great thanks will try the f20 so!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 Ennione

F20 Blank Canvas gets my vote too

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

I love the BB03 from Buff and Blend! Made really well, super soft and the company is owned and run by an Irish girl.

394570.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭on_my_oe

pc7 wrote: »
    Can only see a Galway stockist for Ireland, I'm in Dublin would like to touch/feel before buying. Thanks though.

SuperDrug have Dublin stores and they stock Zoella (or at least they did last time I was in)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭SarahMollie

mel123 wrote: »
    One i WOULDNT recommend is the MAC one. My god i dont know how there is any hair left on it that much does be on my face after i put on my foundation.

+1

I had 2 of the MAC stippling brushes and they both started shedding after not that long.

I use the real techniques stippling brush now for about the past month - no shedding as yet but time will tell.

on_my_oe wrote: »

SuperDrug have Dublin stores and they stock Zoella (or at least they did last time I was in)

Zoeva or Zoella?

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭MsQuinn

Has anyone ever used these? The Oval 8 was recommended to me for liquid foundation. Tempted but at €61 would be good to have some feedback.

692674_in_pp.jpg

MsQuinn wrote: »
    Has anyone ever used these? The Oval 8 was recommended to me for liquid foundation. Tempted but at 61 would be good to have some feedback.

692674_in_pp.jpg

Youtube is full of rave reviews for this brush, seems to be very popular

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

I have one of the Artis brushes mentioned above and haven't been wowed by it..... it does leave a really nice finish but I don't think it's worth the cost. It is an absolute pain in the arse to clean because it's so dense. Apparently Penney's are launching a similar one in the near future which might be a good shout to see if you like it without investing big bucks. I use a real techniques buffing brush(?), beauty blender or a louise young brush depending on what type of foundation I'm wearing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

I actually have this one for about 6 months and there is no shedding at all. I think it might be shoddy quality control and I suspect it would be the same for most brushes.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭MsQuinn

Scraggs wrote: »
    I have one of the Artis brushes mentioned above

Do you mind me asking where you got it? I got the quote on net a porter but when I went to order, it was charging €25 delivery. A bit much I think?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭juke

Lloyds sell a cheap version of the Artis brush - from Flawlessireland.ie, just €8 if you want to try

flawless-compressed.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭fifi28

100% recommend the blank canvas f20!
    I bought two sigma f80 (practically the same brush as the f20 but twice the price!) and they both fell apart after very little usage so decided to give the f20 a go with not much hope but am genuinely shocked at how good they are. I use double wear foundation and get the perfect finish.
    I also have a few different real techniques brushes and never had 1 hair shed from them - a couple of the expert face brushes ive had for near 3yrs and still like new after every wash

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

MsQuinn wrote: »
    Do you mind me asking where you got it? I got the quote on net a porter but when I went to order, it was charging €25 delivery. A bit much I think?

I bought from Space.nk when they had a spend x get y off promo. I defo wouldn't pay 25 for something so small!

Has anyone tried the NYX brushes yet? Was in Boots in Dundrum over the weekend and they've a really good NYX stand.

However it was super busy and so I just got overwhelmed and left emptyhanded. I want to do a bit of research on the brand and go in looking for a specific product or products - otherwise just too much choice!

I've never heard anything about NYX brushes which I'd assume means their not great- its such a good brand though, love their concealers and dewy setting spray.

GingerLily wrote: »
    I've never heard anything about NYX brushes which I'd assume means their not great- its such a good brand though, love their concealers and dewy setting spray.

Humm, I don't know - I had a look at them and they felt nice and fairly robust. Perhaps its because they havent been so available in Ireland until now?

I'm defo going to go back some quiet evening and have a good mooch on the NYX stand in peace :)

I was referring to US/Australian bloggers reviewing NYX, but sure if you want to try them out go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 KatieBelle92

Another big fan of the Blank Canvas F20! I always end up coming back to it.

Advertisement