Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Berlin Q or Bust: Road to sub 2:45

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

skyblue46 wrote: »
    Haha...I mean sprint a 10 sec section of it and then fully recover before going again.
    You won't recover even walking up that gradient. Unless it's sprint 10sec and stop. Repeat x8. The woosing out. Go hard or go home! Full hill x10 walk down recoveries...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭skyblue46

You won't recover even walking up that gradient. Unless it's sprint 10sec and stop. Repeat x8. The woosing out. Go hard or go home! Full hill x10 walk down recoveries...

At least Cherry Orchard hospital isn't far away!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭healy1835

@healy - aerobically yeah. 2 niggles though and put the weight back on. Just the Charleville HM. B goal for the year I think was 1:25:××

1:25 there for the taking :)

Thu: PM: 11.1k: 54:10 @4:53/km

Fri: AM: 7.7k: 37:21 @4:50/km
    Into work with 200m extra added on for a visit to the polling station :)
    PM: 8.4k: 39:46 @4:44/km

Sat: 15k: 1:11:35 @4:46/km
    Was up at the Battle for the Bay thing on the morning, wasn't sure if I'd get out at all as I'd the kids by myself, but their Grandad kindly offered to take them for a while of I wanted to go....at about the same time as my training partner messaged me about his run at the Lap of the Gap, 3:25, he was just out for a LR, but still it had the effect of motivating me out the door

Sun: 22.7k: 1:55:14 @5:04/km
    Brought up 115k for the week. Feeling great. Keeping intensity low, gradually increasing distances.

Mon: 14.2k: 1:10:00 @4:56/km
    Easy on the plains. Had a few beers after Kildare's latest non-performance the day before so was a bit tired. On a brighter note, I won't have to contend with many more Kildare related hangovers this summer....

Tue: Nowt. Life happened, drew Pokemon with my two boys instead :)

Wed: 26.8k: 2:08:18 @4:48/km
    As I'm not following a plan at the moment, more of a general guide I suppose, this wasn't exactly planned! Training partner is going to Liverpool to watch the CL final on Sat, so he wanted to get some miles in before the weekend. I thought 'why not?'. Tipping away, he suggests picking it up for 3/4 miles. Didn't really have a whole lot of time to debate about it, he's back in decent shape and wanted to show it, but i just went with him and I think we did a steady enough 5k, and it felt really comfortable. Felt great after the run, decent mileage and low intensity is agreeing with me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

healy1835 wrote: »
    Mon: 14.2k: 1:10:00 @4:56/km
    Easy on the plains. Had a few beers after Kildare's latest non-performance the day before so was a bit tired. On a brighter note, I won't have to contend with many more Kildare related hangovers this summer....

Not sure whats going on with your lot.
    I listened to Oisin McConville on 2nd Captains and he doesn't hold out much hope for you.
    The SF v Dublin will be 'fun' :rolleyes: - who ever gets through.

Not sure whats going on with your lot.
    I listened to Oisin McConville on 2nd Captains and he doesn't hold out much hope for you.
    The SF v Dublin will be 'fun' :rolleyes: - who ever gets through.

Don't mind McConville, he's just bluffing and doesn't really know what's going on down here. I, on the other hand, do and I don't hold out much hope either ;) The bad days in Croke Park have heavily outnumbered the good ones in recent times so if we come through tomorrow, next Sunday will be a familiar death march up to HQ.....

Thu: 8Miles: 1:07:15 @5:14/km

Fri: 12.2k: 57:18 @4:43/km

Sat: AM: 15k: 1:14:05 @4:46/km
    PM: 6k w/pooch 30ish

Sun: Nowt

Weekly Total: 86k inc 2 rest days

Mon: 19k: 1:31:28 @4:49/km

Tue: AM 12.5k: 1:01:59 @4:57/km
    PM 7Miles: 1:00:34 @5:22/km

Wed: AM 10k: 49:27 @4:57/km
    PM 8Miles: 1:03:52 @4:57/km

Thu: 8Miles: 1:04ish....watch died about 5k into run.

Upping the mileage but keeping the intensity low. Rinse & Repeat until July. Race plan for summer is pretty simple as I'm going to just race the Race Series. Not sure how sharp I'll be for the 10k, but will be racing all three. Easy running is great....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Noticing a mix of miles and kms. Any weird reason why? Haha

Noticing a mix of miles and kms. Any weird reason why? Haha

Nope!! Doing a good few runs with my buddy who runs in miles....I'm at a place in my life now where I can get to 12.88km and call it 8 miles, rather than having to run the extra 120m :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

Nope!! Doing a good few runs with my buddy who runs in miles....I'm at a place in my life now where I can get to 12.88km and call it 8 miles, rather than having to run the extra 120m :)

Might be the case for you, but very confusing for us idiots*..........

*only including myself in that.

P runs laps of his garden to make up the 120 metres!

skyblue46 wrote:

Yeah and on some days I've been known to zigzag the car park at work.

I was that guy until recently.....although I'm not totally adverse to it still. It's probably just the relaxed nature of my training at the moment. July and the start of DCM training will test this out :)

Mullingar 10 this year J? Johnny Doyle surely worth a call up Sunday!!

OOnegative wrote: »

Sure why not...let them play with 16 :D

Sure why not...let them play with 16 :D

Nothing worse than a cocky Dub!!!

Nothing worse than a cocky Dub!!!

Pride before a fall...the 5 in a row is what it's all about. I have a feeling there's a Seamus Darby moment in the year....or games like Donegal in 92 and 14

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭ReeReeG

skyblue46 wrote:
    Pride before a fall...the 5 in a row is what it's all about. I have a feeling there's a Seamus Darby moment in the year....or games like Donegal in 92 and 14

Definitely not from Offaly this time though sadly

Only thing out there to beat ye is yerselves!!!

• Advertisement

Only thing out there to beat ye is yerselves!!!

We've been good at that in the past! I have a cigarette lighter with "Dublin All Ireland Champions 1992" printed on it!

No Barry, that falls into my Bermuda Triangle of 3 weddings in 8 days in Jul/Aug! Prob would have ran it if it was the week before. Will run Race Series 10k instead.....Johnny has certainly not lost it, was at the game. Class act....

My log being hijacked by kildare gaa talk is a turn up for the books :) 80-1 on Sunday..... :o

Fri: 10Miles: 1:15:49 @4:42/km

Sat: 13.3k: 1:03:45 @4:47/km

Sun: 24k: 1:53:25 @4:43/km

New pair of Epic React 2's.......had no concerns about taking them out of the box and straight into a long run. Some shoe. Great morning out there, could have kept going at that pace forever.....ran fasted and didn't take on anything. Stag in Athlone next weekend so will try and keep the mileage decent until then.

132k for the week.

Decent-ish showing by the Lilywhites (for 45 mins anyway). Nothing like getting beaten by 15 points and then getting drowned on the way back to the car. Cian Healy now knows the harsh realities that lie in store for him :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

Sat: 13.3k: 1:03:45 @4:47/km

Sun: 24k: 1:53:25 @4:43/km

New pair of Epic React 2's.......had no concerns about taking them out of the box and straight into a long run. Some shoe. Great morning out there, could have kept going at that pace forever.....ran fasted and didn't take on anything. Stag in Athlone next weekend so will try and keep the mileage decent until then.

132k for the week.

Decent-ish showing by the Lilywhites (for 45 mins anyway). Nothing like getting beaten by 15 points and then getting drowned on the way back to the car. Cian Healy now knows the harsh realities that lie in store for him :)

I cant wear the Epic Reacts, they cause my heel no end of issues (about 3-4 months ago) - I bought the Epic Legends which have more cushioning in the heel and found them ok.

About the match - 1st 45 mins?? Dubs didn't actually start playing til then :)

I cant wear the Epic Reacts, they cause my heel no end of issues (about 3-4 months ago) - I bought the Epic Legends which have more cushioning in the heel and found them ok.

About the match - 1st 45 mins?? Dubs didn't actually start playing til then :)

Jesus A, you've got to let us go home with some little shred of hope ;) I've had no issues at all with the Epic Reacts.....quite the opposite. For me, they really come into their own on the longer runs.

Wore the epic reacts once and both heels were in bits afterwards. Me and AMK must have very similar heels.

Wore the epic reacts once and both heels were in bits afterwards. Me and AMK must have very similar ankles.

Na, both sissy city boys.........

OOnegative wrote:
    Na, both sissy city boys.........

Dont be fooled. I'm a country boy.

• Advertisement

I'll take a break from pedalling Nike runners to people for a while I think..... :)

Mon: 16.1k: 1:16:41 @4:46/km

Tue: AM: 7.5k: 34:14 @4:34/km
    PM: 8.05k: 37:17 @4:38/km

Wed: 14.49k: 1:05:53 @4:33/km

Didn't exactly plan to go out and run a bit steadier the last couple of days, but.....Tue morning found me running into work with an impending whopper of a rain shower on the horizon, so I quickened the stride to avoid it. Yesterday was just one of those afternoons where i didn't even glance at the watch until near the tail end of the run. Will take it back a notch or two today.

I probably am getting a little restless but that was to be expected.

Advertisement