Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Berlin Q or Bust: Road to sub 2:45

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭healy1835

My soft PB quip was just that M. Not gonna attempt a PB.... As tempting as your description sounds :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

My PB is 2.52.59 ;)

My PB is 2.52.59 ;)

No chance :D

Thu: 8.5k: 41:30 @4:50/km

Quick jaunt down to the lidl loop to clock it once and for all before next Sunday. 4.7k, which basically amounts to 9 loops. If wind is very bad then have a plan B route but would prefer to run the 9 loops. If push comes to Level 5 then it's within 5km of the house so I'm ok in that regard.

Fri: 7 Miles Easy: 53:53 @4:47/km

Spotify went on the fritz on the watch again, but at this stage I've realised that a soft reset and reinstall of the app does the business. Just meant that I was watchless for the run. Virtual DCM has given me a bit of a spur and and it's nice to have 'that' feeling of an upcoming marathon again :)

Sat: 1.5k: 7:35 @5:10/km

Dropped my car off for a valet and then decided to do a 5k loop of the town before heading to the track for a little 10x400m @10k pace leg loosener. Almost made it a mile before I clipped a stone, kerb and took a nasty enough spill onto the ground. Fell onto hands and then left hip, elbow and knee bore the brunt of the impact. Was pretty damn sore, and was sitting on the road a little stunned for a couple of seconds. Realised I was ok, and as I was getting back up, a chap i know who is aiming for a sub 3 PB next weekend in his own virtual marathon just happened to be driving past in his van. He pulled in and very kindly dropped me home.

Both palms, knees, elbow and hip were grazed or cut but luckily I avoided anything too serious I think.

Watched the races from Poland when I got back and patched myself up, and by the afternoon, I decided to head out for 5k just to check that I hadn't done too much damage.

5k: 23:57 @4:47/km

Think I'm all good. Will head out for 10 miles tomorrow maybe if bumps and bruises are ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

A valet for you car ffs...:)

TbL

• Advertisement

A valet for you car ffs...:)

TbL

'We' got a new car and my wife's car has become my car... The valet was part of the horse trading :)

Sun: 17.3k: 1:19:24 @4:35/km

Headed up to the loop in the Curragh to run a few easy miles with the clubmate whom I'm running with next Sunday, just to firm up our plan etc. Still a bit of debate over the route, but that decision might be made for us tomorrow, so we've held off on a final decision for the moment. It's basically 9 loops of the Lidl loop in the town (which I'm in favour of) or some loops in the Curragh and then down through the town to finish off with 2/3 loops of the Lidl loop. Too many variables on that for me, but if there was a day like today it could be a runner...... We'll see.

Anyway finished with last 7km in or around MP for next Sunday. Felt fine, body ok after yesterday.

With the 26.2 on the horizon I suppose I may lay out a few pros and cons.

Pros:
    *6:50 miles feel very easy at the moment.
    *In different circumstances I would have been toeing the line in Amsterdam this morning aiming for sub 2:45. I think i would have been there or thereabouts. That's a long way from sub 3 pace.
    *Block for Amsterdam was going well until the plug was pulled. Some big LR sessions, a 58min 10 Mile TT, pretty consistent miles.
    *6:50 miles feel very easy at the moment ;)

Cons:
    *I stopped marathon training at the end of August. No runs over 20 miles since then. Last weekends 26k was the first longer effort for a little while.
    *Mentally, if I have to dig deep, I don't know if I'll be arsed :D If there was no hat, I might not have ever entered!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭Duanington

Its funny how many people I've come across the last few days in similar situations, not quite 100% committed to training for the marathon but still looking forward to running one.

For what its worth, I think you've enough in there to run strong. I do think the mental aspect is something you may need to have a real plan for, I know its something that I would struggle with outside of a race environment.

Lookin forward to seeing how everyone goes, enjoy the easy week

VDCM: 2:56:51 @4:12/km

Well....

I'll post something a bit more detailed tomorrow, but in short, a great morning was had. Didn't go bonkers and chase times that weren't there, and felt pretty strong and comfortable the entire way round. The much vaunted Lidl Loop was tough enough going in the wind (9 times) :mad: Lack of a LR since August almost caught up with me and had a couple of twinges in hamstring and calf coming home, but for the most part the legs held up without too much drama.
    Edit: Have just been reminded my lace opened twice, so a little bit of drama

Great to run a marathon at home with the family and my parents there to support. I might have missed out on two PB attempts in Manchester and Amsterdam this year, but this morning made up a little bit for that and really stoked the fires for the sub 2:45 tilt next time out (whenever and wherever that may be). Was definitely spurred on by Lambay Island and Comic Book Guy's (only joined the dots as to who you were today John!) efforts the day before. Fair play to the lads and all the other Boardsies who 'raced' this weekend. :)

Mon: 10k Easy: 49:32 @4:57/km

Tue: 4 Miles Easy: 31:33 @4:51/km

Wed: 5 Miles: 34:14 @4:15/km inc 2 Miles @6:36 2x400 (74,78)

Threw on a new pair of Next%'s that had been waiting to make their debut since the cancelled Manchester Marathon. My other pair have been used fairly judiciously and are in good shape, but I decided I'd add some much needed pizazz to Sunday's run by running in a shiny new pair :) Eating up road on this one and found myself entertaining the notion of going for a PB in the Virtual run such was the apparent ease that I was running with...

Thu: Rest

Of course now it was clear that I would be running the marathon without the clubmate who had actually roped me into doing the bloody thing in the first place. Level 5 put paid to our chances of doing together as neither of us wanted to take the piss and go (a couple of) kms outside our respective 5k from home radiuses. He ended up having a great run, 2:55:56.

Fri: 5.1k: 24:02 @4:44/km
    Sat: 3k: 15:00 @5:00/km

A couple of final shuffles.

• Advertisement

Virtual Dublin Marathon 2020: 2:56:51@4:12/km

Preamble:
    Woke pretty early around 5am, 6am in old money, so got showered and watched a bit of TV and had my trusted pre marathon brekkie of porridge with some soda bread and sipped on a Powerade. It was new experience being at home on the morning of, and I found it hard to get in the necessary head space before I left the house. Drove down to the loop where I parked up and met my mate who was gonna do bike duties for the day. Wind was a little concerning, but it was what it was, tried not to let it distract me.

Pace wise I knew it was gonna be a little uneven with the wind working for or against for most of the looo, not a lot of sections with cross winds. The tentative plan was to get the 20 miles with a little cushion as regards Sub 3, and then hope my lack of Long Runs would not catch up on me. Was gonna go by effort the whole way around and not get too hung up on any splits in particular.

Loop was around 4.7k, so it worked out at just under 9 loops. I knew that another mate was going to run 15/16 miles with me if he could and his plan was to come down and join me from tge start of my 3rd loop.

My usual disclaimer of apologising for km splits in a marathon report applies here too... ;)

Km 1-5 (20:48)

Started into the wind for the first 2 km or so and I probably should have eased back a bit here. The thoughts of doing that stretch 8 more times didn't exactly appeal. Mate on the bike was good company, we've trained and raced together for years so he knew what to say to me and when to say it! Coming back with the wind behind was nice, but as always, I never seemed to be gaining back what I put into the wind.

Splits: 4:14, 4:09, 4:12, 4:06, 4:07

Km 6-10 (20:46)

Took an electrolyte drink on at 5k, and a gel at 5 Miles. Just trying to zone out here. Wasn't feeling amazing, legs felt a bit heavy, but I figured it would pass. It was early days and I was well rested during the week. Good few runners on the looo doing their own virtual races and got a load of shout outs which were appreciated.

Splits: 4:10, 4:11, 4:08, 4:08, 4:09

10k Split: 41:34

Km 11-15 (21:07)

Mate joined me just before 10k, and strangely it had an adverse affect on proceedings. I'd said to him I'd be running 6:45 pace, give or take, but he took it literally and was acting as a pacer, rather than the bit of company that I actually wanted (but of course I hadn't actually told him this beforehand). He was running about 3m in front of me and not helping. Message was relayed and he came back. Lace opened in this stretch as well which annoyed me and set me back a few seconds. Was starting to worry a small bit, but again, I knew it was hopefully a little bump in the road and I was gonna run through it. Took on a caffeine gel about 15k.

Splits: 4:16, 4:13, 4:12, 4:13, 4:13

Km 16-20 (20:56)

Through 10 miles, my wife and kids had postioned themselves on the route to cheer me and this gave me a boost. Gel was kicking in and I was starting to feel some good vibes again. Within a couple of km, all was good again, and I'm feeling very good and positive about things. Had settled down now and had figured out effort levels both with and against the breeze.

Splits: 4:14, 4:12, 4:09, 4:06, 4:15

20k Split: 1:23:37

Km 21-25 (20:57)

Don't recall a massive amount from this stage except that I was feeling great. Through halfway in 1:28:12 which was fine. Decent bit of wiggle room in the bank already for if things got difficult later on. Mate who was running with me was struggling a hanging on a little bit, but he stayed around and was much appreciated. Legs feeling great and wasn't under any pressure here at all. Thoughts of winding things up came into the head, but it was still early days so I said I'd wait until 20 miles and reassess.

Splits: 4:11, 4:07, 4:14, 4:11, 4:14

Km 26-30 (20:48)

Running mate dropped out about 28/29k and took a loop off so that he could rejoin me for the business end. Apart from my mate having to cycle back to car to pick up a bottle of Powerade, which resulted in me really hanging for a drink while made his way back, things were going very smoothly. My own Parents and my in laws were now at different points on the loop too so I was in good spirits as the pointy end approached.

Splits: 4:12, 4:08, 4:06, 4:11, 4:11

30k Split: 2:05:22

Km 31-35 (21:17)

Another clubmate who was part of the 035 master's team with me which won a leinster medal in DCM last year (his 2:27 and my 2:53 both scored on the day ;)) met us coming back into town and kindly hopped in and assumed pacing/vibesman duties. Quick chat about how I was feeling, target pace etc and off we went. Picked up my other mate for the final 5 miles and we were a merry little band. Was feeling the left calf and left hamstring a little now, but still chipper enough about holding on. About 35k I thought left calf was gone for. Mate on the bike squirted water on it without informing me beforehand and the scream I let out was quite unbecoming of me! Slowed a little, thought it was going to spasm... But it held up and the pain passed.

Splits: 4:14, 4:09, 4:08, 4:16, 4:20

Km 36-40 (21:17)

Loop and a half left now, pace is fine but I ain't gonna push things. Lack of longer stuff is coming into play now and I want to finish the damn thing. I'm feeling ok. Granted I'm in the last couple of miles of a marathon but the pace is not too hot and I've a lot left in the tank. Just need the legs to play ball....which is why the second lace opening during km 39 is not appreciated! As I'm cursing the lace and weighing up the pros and cons of tieing it, my mate on the bike reminds me in fairly colourful terms that I fell last weekend with my laces tied so I'd better tie the f*#king things! Manage to do this without cramping up and on I go. Takes me a while to get going after the laces but once I get going again, the last couple of km are downwind and I know I'm going to finish out ok.

Splits: 4:11, 4:11, 4:08, 4:20, 4:17

Km 41-42.2 (4:19, 4:08, 4:05 for the bit.)

Watch beeps at 41k and for the first time in the race I think about the actual finish time. 4:10 pace will dip me under 2:57 and I figure that I can allow that sort of pace without calf or hamstring going south. Bring it home and finish with the family waiting for me :)

2:56:51 @4:12/km for the 26.2

Delighted with that effort in slightly tricky conditions and in a surreal enough setting. The race plan went pretty much as hoped and I felt in great nick after I finished.

Seriously good vibes for the rest of the weekend after this. The base of fitness which I hoped was there, was indeed there. Being able to rattle out an effort like this having not gone over 30k since August, in a TT and nowhere near race weight all bodes well for the future....but that's for another post. As Shotgun said, just gonna enjoy this one for what it was :) No matter how fast I may or may not complete the marathon in the future, a sub 3 is always something to savour. This was my 4th to date and I definitely never thought I'd get one in Newbridge!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

See TTs are guaranteed satisfaction :) Your loop sounded positively crowded J! :P
    Great to have company for the duration and support on the loops. I guess it felt amazing to arrange all that and execute on the day with regular shouts from those that matter most to you. Nicely executed sub3! I guess when you finally go sub3 its just not that scary anymore but its still very satisfying as its also never easy.

Quality stuff there J - can't say I'm surprised either.

Interesting to see your lack of "long run" being a slight concern when in reality you've probably done plenty of longish steady efforts....not the usual marathon type efforts or distance of course but it just shows that we possibly overthink and maybe over rely on those 20(+) mile runs

Well done, delighted to see you in this kind of shape

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭Lambay island

Nice running J. Sounds like a well executed plan bar the laces opening part :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Impressive run J. Sub 3 at relative ease tells you all you need to know about your progress.

Duanington wrote: »
    Quality stuff there J - can't say I'm surprised either.

Interesting to see your lack of "long run" being a slight concern when in reality you've probably done plenty of longish steady efforts....not the usual marathon type efforts or distance of course but it just shows that we possibly overthink and maybe over rely on those 20(+) mile runs

Well done, delighted to see you in this kind of shape

Thanks DD. The Hanson plan did enter my thoughts as I was worrying about the lack of LRs. I've no doubt that it works for a lot of people, and may well work for me too...But if I was chasing a PB out there Sunday I think that the lack of 20 milers in the last couple of months would have found me wanting. But you're right, I did have a few steady (and beyond steady) 15 milers in there to keep in touch with the longer stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Incredible run and time for a marathon basically done on a whim for a beanie hat!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭MY BAD

Very impressive run. I really hope you get to race a real marathon soon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭Laineyfrecks

Very impressive run! Well done :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭Wubble Wubble

Impressive run J. Sub 3 at relative ease tells you all you need to know about your progress.

+1000 to this. Unreal improvement from a 36 minute Irish Runner 5 mile in 2016.

• Advertisement

Thanks for all the kind words on here and on other places :) Diet was particularly scandalous this week, but i gave myself the week to pig out, and am gonna refocus now. Virtual marathon has given me a bit of impetus and also more confidence as regards what I could do in a race at the end of a proper training block.

Almost laced up shoes on Monday, but that would have been a bit pretentious I reckon. Legs were good though so went for a couple of good walks with the pooch on Mon & Tue before returning on...

Wed: 4 Miles Easy: 33:51 @5:15/km

With eldest fella on his bike.

Thu: 10k Easy: 49:04 @4:54/km

Sat: 13.5k Easy: 1:04:45 @4:52/km

Got caught in one of the worst rain showers I've ever seen! 2nd half was a miserable enough affair after the soaking. Listened to The Bloodied Field podcast with Michael Foley. Great listen, read the book a few years back and would highly recommend both.

Sun: LR 20.4k Relaxed: 1:30:53 @4:27/km

Felt like a longer steadier effort, didn't have a distance or pace in mind, but was happy with the end result. Nothing rearing it's head after last weekends exertions.

Smidgen over 50k for the week.

Easy does it, J - a marathon is a marathon. Time trial or not

Duanington wrote: »
    Easy does it, J - a marathon is a marathon. Time trial or not

Thanks DD. I hear you... Nothing crazy planned this week (scratches 8x1 mile session from schedule)

Mon: 9k Recovery: 47:58 @5:19/km

On the sodden plains. Weather grim enough but still enjoyable. Capped it at 9k as it was getting dark and cold and I wasn't really kitted out for either.

Tue: 7 Miles Easy: 54:38 @4:51/km

Easy after kids athletics.

Wed: Session: 15.1k: 1:07:22 @4:27/km inc 6x3 mins Hard off 2 mins.

Have decided to do a short 7 week block leading up to a 10k TT the week before Christmas. Will keep an eye on how I'm feeling over the next few weeks, and will back off if necessary, but at the moment I'm feeling pretty good :)

Averaged about 3:21/km for the efforts, about 900m covered give or take in the 3 mins. Had been a while since I'd done anything quicker, but was happy with the session.

Thu: 11.1k Easy: 56:07 @5:04/km

Easy after work.

Fri: Session: 15k: 1:02:54 @4:12/km inc 6x1 Mile @Threshold off 60 secs + 4x200/200m on/off.

Took to the Lidl Loop for this one. Evening was nice and crisp and after a couple of km warm up got straight down to business. Target for mile reps was 5:54, and allowing for breeze, route and traffic, splits were fairly consistent and they felt like an appropriate effort for threshold pace (5:55, 5:50, 5:55, 5:50, 5:53, 5:51). 200's were nominally aimed at 38 secs but i just went hard at them, which resulted in splits of (38, 38, 37, 40)

Sat: 9k Very Easy: 45:48 @5:05/km

Shuffle around the bog listening to coverage of the election being called for Biden.

Sun: Long Run: 15 Miles: 1:36:08 @3:59/km inc 2E/8MP/1Threshold/2MP/2E

It was only when I was programming this into the watch that I thought to myself, 'Oh, this is, eh, a pretty decent workout!'.

And it was! Left out a water and gel at about 10 miles of the route. Had to pit stop in my sister in laws just before the MP section...was caught badly short and was in complete desperation mode :o That taken care of, I worked my way into the marathon pace section (2:45 is the target next time off, so I'm working off that marathon pace. My last 'race', the 10 mile TT, would back up the idea that it's an appropriate MP, so I'm gonna work off those paces.). Working into the wind for a period, but felt really strong this morning, and as the run went on, i felt better and better. Splits ended up as; 8 Miles MP@3:51/km, 1 Mile Threshold @3:38/km, 2 Miles MP@3:51/km.

VDCM has given me a great impetus. Diet has been pretty disciplined this week (apart from a couple of IPA this evening watching the Lilywhites :)) and am looking forward to working hard the next few weeks.

60 Miles for the week.

Mon: 8 Miles Recovery: 1:05:00 @5:03/km

Usual Runner Beans shuffle.

Tue: 10k Easy: 47:40 @4:46/km

Tight enough for time due to a few things popping up on the home front. Which led to...

Wed: Unscheduled Rest

Thu: A few things at home making running a little tricky this week. Long Run on Sunday is off the cards, so my two sessions & Long Run workout had to be reshuffled, put into the mixer, and come out as one session + 1 LR session. Which led to...

10+Miles: 1:07:12 @4:06/km inc 3x2 Miles @Threshold + 4x200m on/off.

Lidl loop was wild tonight and the 2 mile sections were fairly all over the place as regards wind direction. I'll give the 2 Mile rep times with mile splits which paints the picture fairly well.

11:43 (5:44,5:59)
    11:44 (5:52,5:52)
    12:02 (6:12,5:50) That 6:12 was hard earned too! Into the teeth of it with a couple of dicey patches of wet leaves left me with just too much to make up.

The 200's were all in and around the 38-40 sec mark, although I need to plan things a bit better as some of them were on ropey enough footpaths.

Happy with the effort levels here, especially in tricky enough conditions. Easy 10k later, and 15/16 Miles tomorrow with some 'stuff' thrown in :) I love some of these sessions when you're just focused on the current rep, and then at the end of the session you look at the overall distance and pace and think 'Jaysus...'. I mean, I split 1:23:07 for a HM during Sunday's LR which is a bit mad...Anyway,I'm rambling a bit now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

Right - in the absence of many races recently - we need a report........

But not just any report.............

The report of a superhero!

(Pre-amble/Amble/Post-amble to be included)

Hit it J.

Fri: 10k Easy: 49:49 @4:59/km

Easy saunter around the plains listening to Paul O'Connell on Potholes & Penguins pod. A great listen.

Sat: LR 26.6k: 1:49:22 @4:07/km inc 2x5Mile@MP (31:32 & 31:18) off 1Mile easy.

Hadn't planned a LR session this week, but as I alluded to in my previous update, I had to juggle things a bit and ended up with the above workout. Set off and had figured out a route that would take in Kildare Town and then back across to the Curragh and home.

The wind was predominantly a cross wind and, until the last couple of MP miles, I never seemed to have it in my favour which got a bit annoying as a lot of the route was very exposed. First MP mile was uphill and tough going. Watch beeped at 6:28 and I'm thinking that it might be one of those days, but I settled in to things and the next 4 miles were back on plan (6:14, 6:16, 6:17, 6:16).

The above 5MP miles did include a little interlude that involved me stopping some crime! As I was coming into Kildare town, a lady had passed me on a bike and said something along the lines of 'fair play' to me. Gave her the thumbs up and noticed the bike was very pink, basket on the front...'fair play yourself missus!' I thought, as it didn't look the easiest thing to cycle in a strong wind.

About 500m up the road I could see her stopping and going into a local Centra that's on the outskirts of the town. Next thing I know, some little scrote emerges from somewhere and is in the process of hopping up on the bike and cycling away. 'OOOOOIIIII!' comes the shout from myself. 'Get the f*$k off the bike now!' followed. The scrote, about 13/14 I'd say, and full transparency here, didn't seem to have the engine of a teenage Slovenian Ski Jumper, starts to make his get away, but there's no chance he's going to outrun/cycle me (I've also some cheatboots on today), so I get to him, grab the handlebars, he falls/jumps off the bike and scarpers. Was gonna go after him, but I was more concerned with getting the ladies bike back to her. Wheeled it back to the shop and after a couple of minutes she came back out. Filled her in on my adventures and after refusing a monetary reward, headed back out for the last MP mile of the first set. No big deal :D

Second 5 Miles proved a lot more straightforward and was moving well. However the wind had taken it's toll, and I was pretty happy to turn and finally get the benefit of a tailwind for the last couple of miles (6:17, 6:21, 6:22, 6:04, 6:14).

Sun: 10k Recovery: 52:59 @5:18/km

Listening to the Bloodied Field podcast. Excellent stuff. Had a few too many beers later on watching the latest Bloody Sunday for the Lilywhites in HQ :(

86km for the week off 6 days running.

ha ha ha ha - brilliant stuff here J, fair play to you

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭Laineyfrecks

Not all heroes wear capes ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭Wubble Wubble

healy1835 wrote: »

The above 5MP miles did include a little interlude that involved me stopping some crime! As I was coming into Kildare town, a lady had passed me on a bike and said something along the lines of 'fair play' to me. Gave her the thumbs up and noticed the bike was very pink, basket on the front...'fair play yourself missus!' I thought, as it didn't look the easiest thing to cycle in a strong wind.

About 500m up the road I could see her stopping and going into a local Centra that's on the outskirts of the town. Next thing I know, some little scrote emerges from somewhere and is in the process of hopping up on the bike and cycling away. 'OOOOOIIIII!' comes the shout from myself. 'Get the f*$k off the bike now!' followed. The scrote, about 13/14 I'd say, and full transparency here, didn't seem to have the engine of a teenage Slovenian Ski Jumper, starts to make his get away, but there's no chance he's going to outrun/cycle me (I've also some cheatboots on today), so I get to him, grab the handlebars, he falls/jumps off the bike and scarpers. Was gonna go after him, but I was more concerned with getting the ladies bike back to her. Wheeled it back to the shop and after a couple of minutes she came back out. Filled her in on my adventures and after refusing a monetary reward, headed back out for the last MP mile of the first set. No big deal :D

Second 5 Miles proved a lot more straightforward and was moving well. However the wind had taken it's toll, and I was pretty happy to turn and finally get the benefit of a tailwind for the last couple of miles (6:17, 6:21, 6:22, 6:04, 6:14).

Sun: 10k Recovery: 52:59 @5:18/km

Listening to the Bloodied Field podcast. Excellent stuff. Had a few too many beers later on watching the latest Bloody Sunday for the Lilywhites in HQ :(

86km for the week off 6 days running.

Fair play J, lots of people would have just let him go!

That's a brilliant podcast series, listening to the last one as I type.

Sorry about the Lilies. You may or may not have attended a league match against the Dubs in Croker in 2013, bitter cold and a gale blowing straight down the pitch. A Kildare mate coined the term "Mothers Day Massacre" for that one :D

Advertisement