Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Berlin Q or Bust: Road to sub 2:45

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

1x4M at MP, 1x 100m at VO2max, 1x 1M at MP, 1x5M at MP. Nice work J.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭healy1835

Fair play J, lots of people would have just let him go!

That's a brilliant podcast series, listening to the last one as I type.

Sorry about the Lilies. You may or may not have attended a league match against the Dubs in Croker in 2013, bitter cold and a gale blowing straight down the pitch. A Kildare mate coined the term "Mothers Day Massacre" for that one :D

Oh I was there that day alright J. If memory serves, it was the day after my birthday, March 9th or so, and i had a few beers afterwards. Took until about pint number 4 to start to thaw out! Bloodied Field book is a great read also.

Mon: 7 Miles Easy: 56:31 @5:00/km

Had an extremely rare day in work where I was a little tired and emotional after some Sunday GAA beers...by the time the evening knocked around a run was pretty low on my to-do list, but I got out the door and that would have to suffice.

Tue: 13k Easy: 1:05:18 @5:01/km

Easy trot with training partner who is on the comeback trail and trying to log consistent miles for the time being. Pace suited me perfectly. Threw in a few strides as well.

Wed: Session: 7x3 mins Hard off 4 mins jog. Paces/km for 3 mins: 3:19, 3:20, 3:23, 3:22, 3:24, 3:22, 3:20: Total: 17.3k: 1:15:00 @4:20/km

Again, out late enough on a wild evening. Took to the smaller Industrial park loop, 600ish meters, as I just couldn't be dealing with the Lidl loop and the inconsistent splits that the wind would bring. Was a bit on auto pilot and felt a little distant for the first couple of efforts, but was moving smoothly by the end. These 3 min hard intervals are all covering approx 900m right now.

Thu: 12.2k: 1:01:30 @5:02/km

See Tuesday. :)

Friday: Session: 3Miles Threshold/4x200+200/3 Miles Threshold

Took to the loop in the Camp after work for this one. Forgot headphones today which annoyed me from the off! Very rare that this would bother me, must be getting used to the tunes during workouts. Tight enough for time as traffic in Newbridge is a bit grim at the moment with various little road works grinding the town to a halt, which meant i had to be out of the Camp at 4 ish to get back and collect little people. Shortened warm up done, I eased my way into the threshold section, posting miles splits of 5:57, 5:55 & 5:52. Was working by the 3rd mile.

Made a right mess of programming workout on the watch. Left nothing between 3 miles and 4x200, then managed to make the repeat 4 by 200m on, 20 secs off rather than 200m on, 200m off. Muddled my way through it, before discarding a jacket I'd on at the car and finding headphones in the process. Threw them on and had an almost identical 3 Mile effort of 5:57, 5:55, 5:53. Short c/d for a total of 13.7k: 54:10 @3:57/km. Although there are some missing recoveries in there, so in reality, a bit longer and slower.

Building nicely.

Sat: 11.5k Very Easy: 59:23 @5:03/km

Shuffle around the bog listening to final episode of The Bloodied Field. Powerful and emotional stuff. Watching events from HQ later on left me sort of happy that Kildare didn't get through to the final. I've sat through enough of those hidings to last me a lifetime at this stage.

Sun: LR: 26k: 1:47:15 @4:07/km inc 10 Miles @MP in 62:27.

Dropped a couple of bottles of water and a gel on the route beforehand. The glorious morning made me quite excited to get out and hit the road. Same route as last week, which, after being stopped and lightly interrogated by a Garda checkpoint on the edge of Newbridge (I lied, said I was doing loops of the Curragh :o), meant a tough first mile up the hill towards the race course grandstand (6:25). Settled down after that and, whilst I was glad the 10 miles were over, felt pretty strong.

105k for the week. Tipping along nicely. Keeping the easy days easy and putting in the work on the others :)

Mon: 8.6k: 43:00 @5:00/km

Didn't get out of work til after 7pm. Was starving, but managed to nip onto the loop in the camp and do a few easy kms. Finished day off with a Burger King... 'twas one of those days.

Tue: Lactate Threshold Test

There was a chap in the DFTC that offered my training partner the chance to do this, and the offer was subsequently extended my direction. I've no real plans to train by HR at this moment in time, but I was curious about the data and what it suggested.

Test consisted of 3min intervals on the treadmill, after which lactate was taken and recorded, in addition to HR reading, and then speed went up by 1 km/h. I'd never done anything other than easy or recovery stuff on the treadmill and my plodding, low gravity stride is definitley ill-suited to a workout like this :)

It was a sub max test, so we got from 8kph to 19kph. I probably/possibly could have rattled off the 20, but he may have been peeling me off the floor mid interval either, so we left it at that, as he had enough data points by the time we hit 17kph.

A few bits and bobs of note:

*I'd the chest strap on and hooked up to his Garmin, which was strapped onto the treadmill. I also just had the HR showing on my watch out of interest. The inaccuracy of the optical HR was pretty huge. I'm tipping away at 119 for the first 3 mins and my watch is 150+. I've never paid too much attention to the HR results from the watch, and I definitley won't be now.

*Was intrigued about the HR data, and the chap, who trains in Emmet Dunleavy's group, was seriously on the ball. Gave me a lot to think about, but I'll see what the man in charge says.

*Results suggested that I have a lot more potential than I've shown over 5k/10k type stuff. He asked me if I was quick when I was younger, to which I had a good laugh at. But yeah, he reckoned I could do a good bit of damage to my current times... But I'd have to actually train for those distances, and well, you know where I am on that!

*Data also matched up with where I think my fitness is at right now, so all in all, I was happy that I did it. Whether I do anything with the data is another question...

Wed: AM: 8.5k: 44:04 @5:10/km
    PM: 10.5k: 51:21 @4:53/km

Easy double.

Thu: 9.3k: 52:06 @5:36/km

Shuffle around the sodden plains with a mate I hadn't seen for a while.

Thresholdy session this afternoon. Nothing major planned for LR this weekend.

• Advertisement

Fri: Session: 4x1Mile Threshold off 60 secs/2 Miles Threshold/6 strides

Friday afternoon sessions are sort of suiting me more the last couple of weeks, so I took to the loop in the Camp fairly lively after school. Session itself was fairly run of the mill. Paces were a tad quick, but effort felt spot on. I'd an easy enough week up to Friday, with the Lactate test replacing midweek session, so that maybe explains that to an extent. Splits were; 5:48,5:47,5:45,5:44 & 11:40. Tight for time so cool down was almost non-existent.

14k: 55:56@4:00/km for the day.

Sat: 12.4k: 59:10@4:46/km

Easy and enjoyable jaunt around the town.

Sun: LR: 26.3k: 2:00:01@ 4:34/km inc 6x1mile on/off @7:00/7:45

As my training partner continues his return, I told him I'd do a long run with him if he agreed to put a few efforts in there for good measure. He'd done nothing in a LR for quite a while, so he was apprehensive enough about finishing the 6 efforts, but he dug in and the quicker stuff seemed to agree with him and he was delighted, if tired, by the end. Averaged 6:52/7:36 for the on/off. Was happy with how easy it all felt on my end...

104km for the week.

10k TT beginning to loom on the horizon. Not sure what sort of knick I'm in, but it's provided a bit of focus and training has gone very well the last four weeks. Will do a shorter TT this weekend, 5k or 4 Miles I think...might depend on if there's anyone around who'll go with me.

Mon: 9 Miles Easy: 1:10:23@4:51/km

Tue: 9 Miles Easy: 1:10:15@4:51/km

Wed:
    AM: 9.1k: 45:08 @4:58/km
    PM: 11.4k: 48:29 @4:15/km inc 3x1 Mile Threshold

Easy enough session with shorter TT coming up at the weekend. Efforts were off 2 mins. Had gotten a rare early one in before work, so wasn't under too much pressure to add on any big mileage around the session. Efforts were 5:50, 5:41, 5:49. Ended up sharing loop on second rep with a couple of guys were doing 2 mins on/off so I naturally quickened up in their slipstream which accounts for the quicker split

Thu:
    11k Easy: 57:07@5:11/km

Fri:
    7Miles Easy: 54:59@4:53/km

Sat:
    10k Easy: 48:07@4:49/km

All of the above were nice and easy. Feeling pretty good all week. Which led to...

Sun: 5k TT: 16:51@3:22/km

I'd planned on running something shorter than 10k two weeks out from the TT, but I wasn't overly bothered what distance. It was just a blow out that I was after. Was sort of decided on 4 Miles, but a clubmate who's gonna do the 10k with me, said he'd be up for a 5k TT this weekend so that decided matters.

He'd ran a 16:44 a few weeks back and he's in 5k/10k type training so I said I'd try and apply some kind of elastic band tactics and not let him get too far down the road. I was thinking I might scrape under 17 mins if all went but wasn't overly concerned with the time as long as the effort was there.

He had said that he was gonna go out at 5:20 for the first mile which didn't really appeal to me! However after the first mile I was pretty much on his heel. He'd a 5:21 and I think i went through about 5:22. I was pretty happy with how I was moving and how that pace felt. I was running in kms though and the first two kms came in at 3:21,3:21 and I'd hit the front. I decided that I was just gonna keep going hard and try and stay in front. If i blew up, I blew up. I didn't feel like that was gonna hapoen however.

3rd k comes in a 3:25. I'd met a little bit of army traffic and had to slow down at one corner which cost me a couple of seconds. Tried to pick it up then and came back with a 3:23. Last km now and I knew that a 3:29 would get me under the the 17 mins, but I wasn't showing any signs of struggling. Holding this pace was a completely new experience for me and I was able to get a little annoyed at myself that I hadn't pushed harder in the 3rd and 4th kms......This thought however was quickly dispelled by my lace opening with about 900m to go. Conditions were slippy this morning and if there's one man that would bust himself over his own lace in a TT it's me! I let out a choice word or two, and eased into a couple of corners, but tried to keep it from my mind and finish the job.

Clubmate, sensing blood in the water, caught me with about 50m to go and came home in 16:49. I came back with a 3:21 final km and saw 16:51 Fastest 5km come up on the watch :)

Wasn't even sure I was doing a 5k until Wednesday, and I certainly didn't think I'd post a time like that. The manner of it was very encouraging; I wasn't wiped at the end and for the first time ever I actually felt like I enjoyed a 5k. It would certainly give me a bit of confidence over the distance going forward. Most importantly, it bodes well for the 10k in a couple of weeks. 10k cool down for 102k for the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

healy1835 wrote: »
    Mon: 9 Miles Easy: 1:10:23@4:51/km

Tue: 9 Miles Easy: 1:10:15@4:51/km

Wed:
    AM: 9.1k: 45:08 @4:58/km
    PM: 11.4k: 48:29 @4:15/km inc 3x1 Mile Threshold

Easy enough session with shorter TT coming up at the weekend. Efforts were off 2 mins. Had gotten a rare early one in before work, so wasn't under too much pressure to add on any big mileage around the session. Efforts were 5:50, 5:41, 5:49. Ended up sharing loop on second rep with a couple of guys were doing 2 mins on/off so I naturally quickened up in their slipstream which accounts for the quicker split

Thu:
    11k Easy: 57:07@5:11/km

Fri:
    7Miles Easy: 54:59@4:53/km

Sat:
    10k Easy: 48:07@4:49/km

All of the above were nice and easy. Feeling pretty good all week. Which led to...

Sun: 5k TT: 16:51@3:22/km

I'd planned on running something shorter than 10k two weeks out from the TT, but I wasn't overly bothered what distance. It was just a blow out that I was after. Was sort of decided on 4 Miles, but a clubmate who's gonna do the 10k with me, said he'd be up for a 5k TT this weekend so that decided matters.

He'd ran a 16:44 a few weeks back and he's in 5k/10k type training so I said I'd try and apply some kind of elastic band tactics and not let him get too far down the road. I was thinking I might scrape under 17 mins if all went but wasn't overly concerned with the time as long as the effort was there.

He had said that he was gonna go out at 5:20 for the first mile which didn't really appeal to me! However after the first mile I was pretty much on his heel. He'd a 5:21 and I think i went through about 5:22. I was pretty happy with how I was moving and how that pace felt. I was running in kms though and the first two kms came in at 3:21,3:21 and I'd hit the front. I decided that I was just gonna keep going hard and try and stay in front. If i blew up, I blew up. I didn't feel like that was gonna hapoen however.

3rd k comes in a 3:25. I'd met a little bit of army traffic and had to slow down at one corner which cost me a couple of seconds. Tried to pick it up then and came back with a 3:23. Last km now and I knew that a 3:29 would get me under the the 17 mins, but I wasn't showing any signs of struggling. Holding this pace was a completely new experience for me and I was able to get a little annoyed at myself that I hadn't pushed harder in the 3rd and 4th kms......This thought however was quickly dispelled by my lace opening with about 900m to go. Conditions were slippy this morning and if there's one man that would bust himself over his own lace in a TT it's me! I let out a choice word or two, and eased into a couple of corners, but tried to keep it from my mind and finish the job.

Clubmate, sensing blood in the water, caught me with about 50m to go and came home in 16:49. I came back with a 3:21 final km and saw 16:51 Fastest 5km come up on the watch :)

Wasn't even sure I was doing a 5k until Wednesday, and I certainly didn't think I'd post a time like that. The manner of it was very encouraging; I wasn't wiped at the end and for the first time ever I actually felt like I enjoyed a 5k. It would certainly give me a bit of confidence over the distance going forward. Most importantly, it bodes well for the 10k in a couple of weeks. 10k cool down for 102k for the week.

Two things:

- Great Run

- Learn to tie your fcukin laces...

TbL

Two things:

- Great Run

- Learn to tie your fcukin laces...

TbL

You'd think I'd have learned my lesson...

Mon: 13k Easy: 55:59@5:05/km

Non descript jog around the Lidl loop listening to AMK bag some swag on the Runner Beans podcast :) for one glorious moment I thought they were about to ring him up...

Tue: 11.5k Easy: 57:23@4:58/km

Bog Loop.

Wed: Session: 11Miles: 1:17:44 @4:23/km - 2E/3T/2E/2T/2E

I think whatever run I was due to do would have been an effort. Testing day in work, weather was just grim, hadn't eaten enough and, well, wasn't really in the humour to do it! Took to the dark, misty and murky roads of the camp and set off. Wind never really seemed to be helping on the loop (I know this was probably more psychological than anything) and it took me a little while to get to the pitch of threshold effort. Efforts ended up being 17:51 & 11:55 for the two threshold parts which just about kept things in threshold pace range. Met a guy at the start of my warm down and ended up chatting for about ten minutes, which made the final 2 easy miles a real slog when I started back up again. Decent session though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭MY BAD

Wed: Session: 11Miles: 1:17:44 @4:23/km - 2E/3T/2E/2T/2E

You know for a session like this one. Would you just go from the 2 easy straight into the 3 tempo/thresy or would you do a warm up then drills etc then start the 2 easy?

MY BAD wrote: »
    You know for a session like this one. Would you just go from the 2 easy straight into the 3 tempo/thresy or would you do a warm up then drills etc then start the 2 easy?

Usually just straight into the 2 Easy Sean. I might throw in a few surges during the 2 easy depending on how awake I am after the first mile. But more often than not, get head straight during the easy stuff and then get after it. *disclaimer. This approach may or not be best practice :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

Usually just straight into the 2 Easy Sean. I might throw in a few surges during the 2 easy depending on how awake I am after the first mile. But more often than not, get head straight during the easy stuff and then get after it. *disclaimer. This approach may or not be best practice :D

It’s not broken anyway, I would do the exact same doing a session.

Thanks I was just interested in your approach. That's the way I ran my sessions 4 or 5 years ago when I was marathon and half training but the past few years I've been focusing on 10km max along with training with mainly track guys so it was always warm up, activations, drills, strides in that order before any session. I suppose its just a different way to do these things that I got in the habit of doing. I don't think either is best practice it probably depends on the session and what it's meant to achieve.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

MY BAD wrote: »
    Thanks I was just interested in your approach. That's the way I ran my sessions 4 or 5 years ago when I was marathon and half training but the past few years I've been focusing on 10km max along with training with mainly track guys so it was always warm up, activations, drills, strides in that order before any session. I suppose its just a different way to do these things that I got in the habit of doing. I don't think either is best practice it probably depends on the session and what it's meant to achieve.:)

Where do you get the time?!!

Thu: Pair of commutes: 15k all in all. No watch but pretty pedestrian.

Fri: Session: 6x4mins hard off 3mins.

Got out to the track in Newbridge for this and threw on the Streak 7's. Weather was pretty crap, but it wasn't anywhere near as bad as Wednesday. It's amazing how '6x4mins' doesn't look like a whole lot, but if you had 6 x 1.2k down on the plan then you'd pay a lot more attention to that!

Tunes on, warm up completed, just got after things. Paces for the 6 efforts were fairly consistent, and I was running pretty damn 'hard' as instructed. (3:19, 3:17, 3:18, 3:17, 3:21, 3:18/km were the paces). Ended up with
    14km: 54:38 @3:54/km. Was fairly wiped afterwards.

Sat: 10K Recovery: 51:39@5:08/km

Sun: 26k LR: 2:00:10 @4:37/km

Just like a couple of weeks ago, I went out with my buddy who's regaining his fitness/mojo. Session was the same on the exact same route; 6x1mile on/off @7:00/7:45. Similar enough splits to the previous LR but he was in far better fettle this time around. Mile on efforts were; 6:39 (I had to stop to get something out of my eye, and stopped watch, so I had to catch up to him), 7:00, 7:00, 6:54, 6:42, 6:41.

I poured it on a little on the 5th mile as we had decided to pick it up for the sixth and last one ;)

107k for the week. 10k TT on Saturday :D

Mon: 'Rest'
    Erin Healy is now 3 years old and after an afternoon of partying, present building and all the usual birthday shenanigans, I found myself going to sleep at 7pm; the same time as my little lady. 11 hours later I came to....Feeling a bit sluggish today. Hope I'm not coming down with something. I'm usually primed for a dose towards the end of the first term :(

As an aside, I was reminded during the weekend of a moment during DCM '19 which gave me a great laugh and also brought back just how 'In the zone' we get during a big race....I was coming through Milltown and the club had their little spot where they were cheering on everyone, and that day I would have been firmly in the middle of a big negative split 2nd half performance and also the 3rd man home from the club resulting in a team 35+ bronze medal. Anyway, I was reminded that when asked if I wanted water, the reply came back 'NO WATER!!' accompanied by a Ric Flair woooohhhhhh and a Shooter McGavin gun totin' celebration :) I have no recollection of this, but I'm assured it happened! That feeling, that late into a marathon, is what I'm chasing, what most of us are chasing I think. When you're into choppy waters at the back end of a race, but you know that you're having a good day and pulling out a big performance. 2021 hopefully...

https://youtu.be/wsiX0-EC-ZE

You’re the image of the Nature Boy in fairness!!!

Testing enough week ongoing at the moment. Shoehorned in a 6am session yesterday, won't get out today, would have to be wrapped up by 9am on Sat morning if I was doing my 10k TT...so I'm gonna take a rain check.

Finally saw the light when my alarm went at 5am this morning, yes 5am as I had planned to get an easy run in, and I just thought what am I doing!? It's a 10k TT that I've arbitrarily picked the date for no real reason. I'll push it out until end of January and keep honest over the Christmas. Enjoying the 10k stuff the last few weeks so will keep going with that type of stuff. Might do a 5 Mile TT around Raheny time. We'll see. Anyway, happy now that I've pulled the plug.

Tue: 11.6k Easy: 55:19 @4:47/km

Wed: Session 3 x 1 Mile Threshold. Did this at 6:30am which is a first for me and a session. The week was slowly getting away from me and I tried to shoehorn this one in on an absolutely wild morning down here. First Mile was 5:57 and watch died during the second. I possibly hit the threshold mark for the second and third but who knows! Probably ended up running about 11 miles all in all. Don't think early morning sessions are for me.

Thu: As per the previous log entry, running wasn't an option. Canned the 10k TT. Felt better.

Fri: 13.5k Easy: 1:03:35@4:42/km

Sat: 10.6k Easy: 53:10 @5:00/km

Sun: Pacing a HM: 1:27:54 @4:10/km

Mate and another chap were doing a HM down in Monasterevin and my services were requested. I was only too happy to help them out and took off down there on a lovely morning for it. The chap who I didn't know was looking to break 90 mins for the first time but felt like he could go a bit lower. My mate, who is on the comeback trail, was happy enough to hang in for however long he could, getting a good workout in the process.

Enjoyed the pacing I have to say. Stopped a couple of times to get gels and drinks for the two lads that they had stashed on the route and was happy with how easy I found it to get back up to them. Route was lumpy enough and not great for a TT, so fair play to the two lads for picking it.

I told the chap that we'd get to 10 miles and see how he was fixed. My mate was gradually dropping out the back after 8 miles but put in a good shift and finished in 1:31ish I think. My pacee was moving well and as we came back into the town for the last 2 miles I asked him if he wanted to up it and he was happy enough to. Last 2 miles were 6:20 & 6:12, so he finished like a tank. Loads of good vibes afterwards and A good morning workout for yours truly. I remember breaking 90 mins in the Race Series HM back in the day and being in awe of the two lads pacing the 1:30 group, so it was nice to be able to be in that position myself now :)

Just under 50 miles for the week inc 2 rest days. Brought up 5000km for the year too. Will tip away over the holidays and enjoy my running.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭MrMacPhisto

Tue: 11.6k Easy: 55:19 @4:47/km

Just under 50 miles for the week inc 2 rest days. Brought up 5000km for the year too. Will tip away over the holidays and enjoy my running.

Well done. I have enjoyed reading the log throughout the year. Enjoy enjoying the joyful running over the festive period.

Hopefully 2021 will provide an opportunity for ya to enjoy the fruits of your 2020 labour. Good luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭Duanington

Looking forward to seeing what you can produce in 2021, J - enjoy the break

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭ReeReeG

I remember breaking 90 mins in the Race Series HM back in the day and being in awe of the two lads pacing the 1:30 group, so it was nice to be able to be in that position myself now :)

Amazin. What do you put this down to, consistency? The training laid out by your coach/friend? (not sure what you refer to him as!) Its unreal that you can hit 5000km in a year (including several tough workouts) with no S&C... are you human?!

I love this log, thanks for sharing your training with us :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,459 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Nice pacing there, J, and good decision to can the TT, I think - nothing to gain from yet another TT!

Well done. I have enjoyed reading the log throughout the year. Enjoy enjoying the joyful running over the festive period.

Hopefully 2021 will provide an opportunity for ya to enjoy the fruits of your 2020 labour. Good luck :)

Thanks mate. Hopefully we'll get on to a start line together next year and I can attempt to cling on to your coat tails :)

PS. Feel free to start (or resurrect?) a training log of your own. I'd be first in line to read it anway...

ReeReeG wrote: »
    Amazin. What do you put this down to, consistency? The training laid out by your coach/friend? (not sure what you refer to him as!) Its unreal that you can hit 5000km in a year (including several tough workouts) with no S&C... are you human?!

I love this log, thanks for sharing your training with us :)

I certainly don't call him my coach...I've often referred to him as my 'mate who looks after my training', so I'll stick with that. I am very very lucky in fairness to have his knowledge and guidance. As regards staying away from injury without any s & c, there's nothing I can say that wouldn't put me in danger of jinxing myself so whatever is happening there, long may it continue!

Mon: 11.7k Easy: 57:32@4:56/km
    Mooch around the Camp.

Tue: 7 Miles Easy: 55:03@4:53/km
    Mooch around the town. Holidays had arrived :)

Wed: 11.7k Easy: 59:41@5:05/km

Thu: Session: 10 Miles MP: 1:01:53@3:51/km

Various bits and bobs going on at home, but managed to get up to the loop in the Camp for a few MP miles. It just seemed like a good idea and the fact that I had my new Endorphin Speeds to try out made it an enjoyable afternoon.
    Was cruising for this one. Good humour. Tunes pumping. Shoes felt pretty amazing. Obviously the good feative vibes helped here, but I was in a really nice rhythm and they seemed to suit my stride. MP felt easy today.

Fri: 7.4k: 35:56@4:53/km.
    Got out for a quick one whilst the turkey was in the oven. Apart from having to negotiate the depressing, rubbished filled main street, it was an enjoyable one.

Sat: 14k Easy: 1:10:01 @5:00/km
    Got this one in before I really went to town on the sauce whilst watching the football all day. Enjoyed the beers, not so much the Sunday after....

Sun: 'Rest'

Have decided that this log has run it's course and will be continuing the journey in a shiny new log. New year, new log. Hopefully the next 5 years will be just as enjoyable as the first 5 :)

Can I just say, absolutely no need to close this log. TbL has over 5,000 and AMK over 3,500 on there original logs since joining the forum, only reason I closed my original log is because I threw this toys out of the pram, keep the log going J.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

+1 to B. No need but I've had prob 6x logs since 2008 so I get it. New goals, new chapters. Change is change, but for a purpose hopefully? Dedicated 2:45 log?

• Advertisement

This is probably my favourite log. Its your choice to close it but its great to see your progress from where you started to where you are now. BTW that progression today was almost as beautiful as Murphs photo

Advertisement