Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost Phone - Geeksquad Insurance

Options
  • 10-08-2016 11:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭

Anyone here claimed for a lost device/stolen device under Carphone Warehouse's GeekSquad Insurance? I'm losing my mind without my iPhone, apparently it's a far more essential body part than I thought. It's saying 2 business days, I'm wondering how accurate that is?

Any other caveats?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭northdubgal

I'm thinking of using them when I get my new iPhone on tuesday. how are they to deal with? and did they take your claim of lost phone ok? Have heard some don't

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

They took it - I'm still waiting for my phone, handed it in on Friday. Website had said 2 business days, girl in shop said it's up to 7 business days, I'm hoping for sooner rather than later. Apparently dependent on stock levels.

I'll update when I get the replacement back. There wasn't a big issue with reporting it. Got form, went to Garda station, rang my network to blacklist the old one, Gardai stamped the form and I handed it all back into Carphone Warehouse. With my insurance plan I have to pay fifty euros.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Update: Received my phone back yesterday (Wednesday) evening (it had been there the day before but I didn't make it to the store in time).

Brand new iPhone 6 64gb, not a refurb, handed over the 50 euro excess and was on my way.

I'd recommend!

Advertisement