If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about Samsung Reward program

Options
  • 10-08-2016 11:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I'm looking for a new ~50" TV and the Samsung KU6400 has caught my eye. It will primarily be used for movie watching and Xbox gaming so it seems to be a good fit.

My question is that I noticed there's some kind of Samsung Reward program associated with this TV. I'm debating using it to get a soundbar to go with the TV. Can you explain how this works a bit better? What would the cash-back be on the Samsung soundbars you have? I already have a half decent, aging Yamaha soundbar so I'm not sure it would be worth the extra spend.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi guys,

I'm looking for a new ~50" TV and the Samsung KU6400 has caught my eye. It will primarily be used for movie watching and Xbox gaming so it seems to be a good fit.

My question is that I noticed there's some kind of Samsung Reward program associated with this TV. I'm debating using it to get a soundbar to go with the TV. Can you explain how this works a bit better? What would the cash-back be on the Samsung soundbars you have? I already have a half decent, aging Yamaha soundbar so I'm not sure it would be worth the extra spend.
    Hi Talking_walnut.

The 49Ku6400 is a great screen and Samsung offer £100 on this product in their reward program:
    www.samsung.com/uk/rewards
    49KU6400 is currently priced at £699.00 (Plus £6.99 shipping) - (VIP 6 year Guarantee also included).
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-202044-ue49ku6400.aspx

This then allows you that amount off a 2nd Samsung product from the list on the right hand side.

There are a few soundbars listed on there.
    The K650 priced at £349.00
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/soundbars-sound-base/samsung/hwk650/sams-hwk650-xu

The others included seemed to be all the curved.

I hope this helps clear things up a little.

Any questions please let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭talking_walnut

Hi guys,

Hi Talking_walnut.

The 49Ku6400 is a great screen and Samsung offer £100 on this product in their reward program:
    49KU6400 is currently priced at £699.00 (Plus £6.99 shipping) - (VIP 6 year Guarantee also included).

This then allows you that amount off a 2nd Samsung product from the list on the right hand side.

http://www.richersounds.com/product/soundbars-sound-base/samsung/hwk650/sams-hwk650-xu

Thanks Kenny. That clears things up. Couldn't find the actual Samsung page before. Would there be any problem with me claiming it since I'm in the ROI? I've had bad experiences with these claim-backs before so a bit apprehensive.

Is £1048 (+6.99 p&p) the best price you can do if I was to order these together?

Hi guys,

Hi Talking_walnut.

Thanks Kenny. That clears things up. Couldn't find the actual Samsung page before. Would there be any problem with me claiming it since I'm in the ROI? I've had bad experiences with these claim-backs before so a bit apprehensive.

Is £1048 (+6.99 p&p) the best price you can do if I was to order these together?
    Hi Talking_walnut.

Yeah the offer is available to both UK and ROI residents. The claim is done through the link I posted above.

At the moment the £1048 price would be the best as it Samsung themselves who have set the pricing as they are running the promotion.
    However we do offer a price beat on a like for like basis:
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/t-pricebeat.aspx

I could drop the £6.99 and offer free shipping. Plus you also get on VIP 6 year guarantee with the 49KU6400.

Hi Talking_walnut.

Yeah the offer is available to both UK and ROI residents. The claim is done through the link I posted above.

At the moment the £1048 price would be the best as it Samsung themselves who have set the pricing as they are running the promotion.

I could drop the £6.99 and offer free shipping. Plus you also get on VIP 6 year guarantee with the 49KU6400.
    Hi Kenny,

That sounds great. I did have a quick look and found the KU6400 for £627.99 on ebuyer and the the Hw-K651 for £309.19 (+7.50 for next day delivery) on redstore. Can you match these prices?

Edit: The HW-K651 is also on BeyondTelevision for £329 if you don't price-match redstore :D

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi Talking_walnut.

Hi Kenny,

That sounds great. I did have a quick look and found the KU6400 for £627.99 on ebuyer and the the Hw-K651 for £309.19 (+7.50 for next day delivery) on redstore. Can you match these prices?

Edit: The HW-K651 is also on BeyondTelevision for £329 if you don't price-match redstore :D
    Talking - Walnut,

Many thanks for the post and we are normally happy to price beat but to be fair the ebuyer offering is completely different to ours on the Samsung UE49KU6400 - their price is £627.99 but it does not include a 6 year warranty, the Samsung rewards and they don't deliver to the ROI.

The ebuyer price means that you would lose out on the £100 Samsung rewards against your soundbar and also you would not have a 6 year TV warranty - and of course you would have to get it shipped from the UK yourself?

We are happy to price match the beyondtv price on the Samsung HWK6500 at £329

Thanks again and keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement

Hi Talking_walnut.

Hi Kenny,

Talking - Walnut,

Many thanks for the post and we are normally happy to price beat but to be fair the ebuyer offering is completely different to ours on the Samsung UE49KU6400 - their price is £627.99 but it does not include a 6 year warranty, the Samsung rewards and they don't deliver to the ROI.

The ebuyer price means that you would lose out on the £100 Samsung rewards against your soundbar and also you would not have a 6 year TV warranty - and of course you would have to get it shipped from the UK yourself?

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    That's no problem John. I'm happy to pay a bit extra for the TV for the extended warranty and customer service anyway. Just thought I'd ask :D. Appreciate the price match with the soundbar though. Every little helps.

Can I go ahead with that order so? It'll be the KU6400 TV at £699 and the HWK651 (silver) at £329 for a grand total of £1028? How do we proceed from here?

Hi Talking_walnut.

Hi Kenny,

Talking - Walnut,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    That's no problem John. I'm happy to pay a bit extra for the TV for the extended warranty and customer service anyway. Just thought I'd ask :D. Appreciate the price match with the soundbar though. Every little helps.

Can I go ahead with that order so? It'll be the KU6400 TV at £699 and the HWK651 (silver) at £329 for a grand total of £1028? How do we proceed from here?
    Hi if you PM Kenny or Brian your phone number we will give you a call and sort you out

Regards Stephen

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.