Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Editable Adobe Reader "Stamp "

• 10-08-2016 11:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭

We receive invoices from suppliers via email, usually in Adobe PDF format.

The invoice is printed off , dated, signed by the head of department along with their code.

The signed off invoice is scanned and emailed to finance for payment.

Is it possible to insert an editable “stamp”, into an Adobe Reader PDF, that allows the user to type in the date, code, along with the hand written signature and place all that into the invoice?

Or is there another way to do this ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 381 ✭✭Gmaximum

Pretty sure Adobe have a product to do just that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

Adobe Reader DC allows you to input text and then sign it with more text or a drawn signature or a signature saved as an image. Pretty much everything you need...

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭VUDuo2

Right, I am such an ass, both Gmaximum and d310boy (more specific) were spot on.

For those that might want to know how to do this, this is how I managed to sort it;

Our stamp has "Department Name", "Date Received", "Code" & "Signed" sections
    For our department there's 8 codes.

On a blank sheet of paper, I physically stamped it for each code type and I signed it.
    I scanned the sheet an emailed it to myself, then opened the attachment and saved it to my PC.

On my PC, I opened the attachment -
    I zoomed in on the stamp with the 1st Department Code &
    on my keyboard I pressed the "Print Screen" key (captures what's visible on the screen - the 1st Department Code)
    Opened Microsoft Paint - pressed key's "CTRL" & "V" together - (this inserts the 1st Department Code Stamp)
    Saved the image (PNG) as 1st-Department Code

To insert the "1st Department Code" Stamp onto an invoice;

Opened Adobe Reader XI, then opened the Invoice ;
    Clicked View \ File & Sign (menu appears to the right of screen)
    Clicked Place Signature
    Select Use an image
    Select Browse, then browse to the saved image (1st Department Code) and clicked Open and then click Accept
    The image should appear to where the mouse pointer is, and you can move it to where you want it to be placed
    then left the mouse - the image should be on the invoice.
    You can then re-size it.

To enter the current date ;
    Looking at the menu File & Sign
    Click "Add text" - a new toolbar appears on the screen
    I place the mouse beside the date section and left clicked on the mouse - a cursor appears and is flashing -
    & here is where I typed in the date - then saved the invoice.

Job Done

Now, for future invoices of "1st Department code" type - I follow the instructions from
    "To insert the "1st Department Code" Stamp onto an invoice;"

Advertisement