Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Build Completed - Opinions

Options
  • 10-08-2016 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

Just finished my first build that I decided on myself and looking for opinions.

Intel Core i5 6500

ASRock H110M-HDV, Intel H110, S 1151, DDR4, SATA3 6Gbps, Realtek Gigabit LAN, USB 3.0, Micro ATX

250GB Samsung 750 EVO, 2.5" SSD, SATA III - 6Gb/s, Samsung MGX, 256MB Cache, Read 540MB/s, Write 520MB/s, 97K/88K IOPS

8GB MSI Radeon RX 480, 14nm Polaris, PCIe 3.0, 8000MHz GDDR5, 1120MHz GPU, 1266MHz Boost, 2304 Streams, 3x DP1.4/HDMI2.0

and

8gb of ddr4 (2x4gb)

Anything that should be changed?

I have all the peripherals from my last build that a friend helped me with.

Monitor is 1080p build I'm a heavy modder so went for the 8gb card.

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Looks good to me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Xenoronin

Looks pretty awesome :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

100% sure on going 2x4GB ram sticks?
    For a few extra euro, would it not be best to go 2x8, leaving future possibility to add 2 more up to 32 rather than 16?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I wouldn't worry about it, by the time >16GB is needed for games the whole PC will need replacing.

But given that the board only has two ram banks in any case, I think a single 8GB stick is the best option. Or 2x8GB if you want to stretch the extra €25-30.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭BeardedBadger

I wouldn't worry about it, by the time >16GB is needed for games the whole PC will need replacing.

But given that the board only has two ram banks in any case, I think a single 8GB stick is the best option. Or 2x8GB if you want to stretch the extra €25-30.

Actually changed that last minute before I ordered. Had a bit of a win on a bet so said f*** it I'd stretch.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Also make sure that the H110 board you got is DDR4 and not DDR3, some of the cheaper models are DDR3. So you should have a H110 with DDR4 support, and 16GB of any speed of DDR4 will work fine though the board only supports 2133mhz so anything faster won't show any benefit.

If you've already ordered and it's a DDR3 model and you got DDR3 ram as well, not the end of the world but when buying new it would make sense to go for the faster, more modern version.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Also make sure that the H110 board you got is DDR4 and not DDR3, some of the cheaper models are DDR3. So you should have a H110 with DDR4 support, and 16GB of any speed of DDR4 will work fine though the board only supports 2133mhz so anything faster won't show any benefit.

If you've already ordered and it's a DDR3 model and you got DDR3 ram as well, not the end of the world but when buying new it would make sense to go for the faster, more modern version.

Intel Skylake (6xxx series) does not play well with 1.5v DDR3.
    You need DDR4 or DDR3L.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭BeardedBadger

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Intel Skylake (6xxx series) does not play well with 1.5v DDR3.
    You need DDR4 or DDR3L.

Board is ddr4, I heard about the issues with the ddr3 so made sure to steer well clear, only supports 2133MHz but from what I've read that doesn't make too much difference in gaming unless you're using an i3

• Registered Users Posts: 1 DrivingDead

Looks pretty good to me, make sure you have enough cooling if you don't want to have to buy another cpu cooler and several case fans after putting it together like I did.

Advertisement