Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit Check and Mobile Phone Bills

• 10-08-2016 12:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Hi All,

Could anyone tell me if Mobile Phone Bills have any impact on your credit rating?

I'm in the middle of switching my account to PTSB, and I called Tesco Mobile on Monday to let them know and ask if payment had been taken yet for my mobile phone bill for the month (I pay by debit card from my BOI account normally). Payment should have been taken Monday and if it came out any later it may have caused my switch to fail.
    So Monday I called to check because it had not hit my bank account yet. I was told by their rep no its fine it has been taken today and once you get your new PTSB card call us up and we will set that up.
    Today payment for Tesco had still not hit my bank account so I called them back this morning to be informed that they tried to take payment Monday but it failed. I made a payment manually with my new PTSB card this morning. However I was informed by the lovely Tesco Mobile rep that I would probably be charged a 10 euro fee now because the payment failed, even though their rep Monday told me it was fine.

My question is this, I plan to apply for a mortgage within the next year. Will this failed payment to Tesco Mobile by card on Monday have any impact on my credit rating/report? It was paid manually two days later by card. I feel like its a big dirty black mark against my name now because I never miss payments on anything and I could have paid it Monday manually if they had told me.

No, it won't have any effect.

Advertisement