Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super Furry Animals, Olympia, December 1st

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,957 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

great gig - I'd agree re: the 2 albums. Fuzzy Logic is good, but there's a few lacklustre tunes on it. Radiator is end-to-end fantastic, you could see the band were enjoying playing it more and the light show only really got going for that section (a Radiator/Guerilla gig would have been incredible).

"International Language of Screaming" and "Hermann Loves Pauline" were two highlights for me. They just did an extended version of "TMDGAF" as an encore (wasn't really an encore as they never all left the stage). Good crowd too, really into the music and knew the songs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

loyatemu wrote: »
    (a Radiator/Guerilla gig would have been incredible).

Guerilla and or Phantom Power from start to finish would be brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭WindmillWarrior

loyatemu wrote: »
    ). Good crowd too, really into the music and knew the songs.

Strongly agree with that. Really happy crowd too. Happy music I guess. Just an all round top quality gig.

Was kinda hoping they'd throw something different into the encore like one or 2 old b side favourites, don't be a fool Billy or arnofio but f*ck it, SFA OK!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Great gig. I wasn't expecting such an eyepopping lights show.

It's a small complaint, but there wasn't much if any interaction with the crowd, just totally focused on moving onto the next song.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,957 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Arghus wrote: »

It's a small complaint, but there wasn't much if any interaction with the crowd, just totally focused on moving onto the next song.

Well, they had their signs...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭WindmillWarrior

Arghus wrote: »

They're always a bit like that I find. Which is strange as they're obviously very playful blokes. You'd think they'd like a bit of craic with the crowd.

(Edit, as loyatemu said there were the signs!)

Advertisement