Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do Eir staff communicate???

Options
  • 10-08-2016 1:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭

Sigh..... When I received notification of a price increase I told Eir I wanted to cancel via telephone.  Fine, they told me I would receive an email outlining steps to take.  Next day, no email so came on  here.  Pamela investigated and said she would cancel for me.  I was then advised that because I was not willing to provide bank account details (having been burned by two other companies before I no longer do DD's) I was unable to cancel.  Annoying but decided to accept.

At 11.12 this morning said email arrives.  We're sorry to see you go it said.  You will be disconnected 30 days after todays date.  At 11.15 everything goes kapput!  No mobile, no Wifi, only landline working.  So I called Eir.  They had no information of any of the conversations I had with Pamela!  If I wanted to keep the service I would have to sign up for another account.  Ehm, no thanks!  I envisage today being day 1 of an absolute nightmare.  For a communications company the lack of inter-organisational communications is scary!

Pamela - can you confirm how anybody from Eir is going to contact me given I am no longer contactable by mobile?  

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 2late8

Strol - I can confirm the nightmare is beginning. 
    I am currently living it as I speak to Eir and get aload of different information and what appears a good few lies.

They also sent out a technician who cut off my internet from another provider. 

STAT WWAY FROM EIR AT ALL COSTS 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

SteoL wrote: »
    Sigh..... When I received notification of a price increase I told Eir I wanted to cancel via telephone.  Fine, they told me I would receive an email outlining steps to take.  Next day, no email so came on  here.  Pamela investigated and said she would cancel for me.  I was then advised that because I was not willing to provide bank account details (having been burned by two other companies before I no longer do DD's) I was unable to cancel.  Annoying but decided to accept.

At 11.12 this morning said email arrives.  We're sorry to see you go it said.  You will be disconnected 30 days after todays date.  At 11.15 everything goes kapput!  No mobile, no Wifi, only landline working.  So I called Eir.  They had no information of any of the conversations I had with Pamela!  If I wanted to keep the service I would have to sign up for another account.  Ehm, no thanks!  I envisage today being day 1 of an absolute nightmare.  For a communications company the lack of inter-organisational communications is scary!

Pamela - can you confirm how anybody from Eir is going to contact me given I am no longer contactable by mobile?  

Hi  SteoL,

Thanks for getting in touch.
    I have contacted the cancellations team and even thought you did not receive the cancellation e-mail the cancellation has been processed. Apologies for the inconvenience caused. 

-Pamela 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

Hi  SteoL,

Thanks for getting in touch.
    I have contacted the cancellations team and even thought you did not receive the cancellation e-mail the cancellation has been processed. Apologies for the inconvenience caused. 

-Pamela 

Hi Pamela,

When does final bill generate? I never received bills in post so will I still be able to access bills through eir.ie (I have read that access is taken away fairly promptly). Also, if I have equipment to return how can courier contact me?

Regards.
    SteoL

Yep, exactly as I thought. Can't access my eir anymore. Pamela how will I receive final bill & when will it generate? Or was my last payment my final?

Response please?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭db

Why is it that  even though you have paid in advance for your line rental and you being told directly that you will be disconnected in 30 days, Eir can disconnect you immediately?  I am with Eir and I'm afraid to cancel my account and move to a different provider when I read the horror stories on here of others who have cancelled. (I have negotiated a discount to offset the recent raise or I would have gone ahead and cancelled)

db wrote: »
    Why is it that  even though you have paid in advance for your line rental and you being told directly that you will be disconnected in 30 days, Eir can disconnect you immediately?  I am with Eir and I'm afraid to cancel my account and move to a different provider when I read the horror stories on here of others who have cancelled. (I have negotiated a discount to offset the recent raise or I would have gone ahead and cancelled)

No idea and yes that's what happened.

Can Eir answer above queries please?

Anybody there??? Pamela please reply to my PM.

Anybody there??? Pamela please reply to my PM.
    Hi SteoL,

Apologies I was unavailable on boards.ie SteoL. Can you provide me the account number via PM and I will have a bill reissued to your address. 
    Modems can be returned to - eir Returns PO Box 12726 Freepost Dublin 11

-Pamela 

Hi SteoL,

Apologies I was unavailable on boards.ie SteoL. Can you provide me the account number via PM and I will have a bill reissued to your address. 

-Pamela 

Replied to PM. I thought Eir arrange a courier to collect modem was normal procedure? Why am I expected to go to post office and pay for registered mail? I wouldn't send without it being registered in case eir deny receiving.

• Advertisement

Hi SteoL,

-Pamela 

Replied to PM. I thought Eir arrange a courier to collect modem was normal procedure?  Why am I expected to go to post office and pay for registered mail? I wouldn't send without it being registered in case eir deny receiving.
    This is a freepost address SteoL.
    A Courier will call to your home to collect this within 14 days of account cancellation, unfortunately if you are unavailable a return would need to be arranged.

-Pamela 

Advertisement