If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Evolution Set

Options
  • 10-08-2016 1:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭

I am looking for the Samsung SEK-3500U/XC. Ive seen a previous post where you sold the previous version (2500). Is this available? I cant find it on your site

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

2Shae wrote: »
    I am looking for the Samsung SEK-3500U/XC. Ive seen a previous post where you sold the previous version (2500). Is this available? I cant find it on your site
    Hi 2Shae.

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

One of my colleague check on this a few days ago for another boardie a few threads down and unfortunately the SEK-3500 is now discontinued with no more available.

Sorry :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

2Shae wrote: »
    See here My request for this in the last few days.  

I have been battling Samsung literally 24/7 for the last two weeks trying to get them to source(this promised item).I'm drained from having to try deal with Samsung.Sending me back and forth to Sales,support,Irish HQ,English HQ,numerous retailers etc,etc

Nobody would believe the transcripts from all our (Samsung)conversations!! It is truly bizarre and very unprofessional.But I've been thrown a lifeline(not 100%) on getting a XC kit from the a staff member at the local Retailer,the most helpful so far(whom originally told me I had to order it from Samsung themselves)....He is getting back to me on Thursday with hopefully a resolution.
    So best thing I can do to help you,is to let you know the end result.Hopefully it'll be helpful to you too.I will 100% let you know.

Just a brief update(well not really),the guy phoned me late this evening to say he had heard nothing back from Samsung up till then.So he said that he's
    off for the next few days.So he'll get on it when he gets back,Monday/Tuesday.
    I'll keep you posted.

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

bazzz wrote: »
    Just a brief update(well not really),the guy phoned me late this evening to say he had heard nothing back from Samsung up till then.So he said that he's
    I'll keep you posted.
    No worries Bazzz.

bazzz wrote: »
    I'll keep you posted.
    No worries Bazzz.
    Had a call back on Thursday saying they can order it from Samsung it'll take up to 4 weeks and the price is €520(€130 more than anywhere else in the EU & about €80 more than the UK price)..
    I'm still waiting for the sales department to make and finalise the order,they are saying Samsung have not given them the ordering details yet.Hopefully
    I'll get there in the end, <Mod Snip>

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment

Hi Bazzz,

I've snipped your post above a little - please take a moment to read the Charter and note the following in particular:
    Please do not make comments about other retailers when posting on this forum ! . Comments such as "XYZ shop are very expensive" or "ABC are hopeless for delivery" or "ERT have desperate customer service" or any other comment about another retailer are not allowed on this forum and will be removed without notice. If you are asking for a price-match, please state the model and price of the item and the name of the retailer selling it withour passing any other comment on the retailer in question.

I would also ask you to note the following:
    .... if you want to comment on service etc. or discuss "where" to get "what" etc, feel free to start a thread in the Home Entertainment forum.

I appreciate that you are experiencing some difficulty sourcing the item you are looking for but I'm not sure that this forum is the appropriate place to recount the journey - RS have already indicated that they cannot supply it and I can't see anyway this story will end happily (i.e. with reference to success with a third party supplier) without it falling on the wrong side of the Charter for this forum. I think it would be better to open a thread on the Home Entertainment forum if you want to inform others about how you're getting on sourcing the item in question, you can post a link here to point any interested party towards that thread.

I'm leaving this thread open for now but please bear in mind my comments above.

Cheers,

Ritz.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Thanks Ritz,

to be fair we have never stocked this product and never claimed to stock it so its maybe a little unfair that the OP's difficulties in sourcing the unit seem to reflect on us - we do appreciate the situation at the posters are in but unfortunately these are difficulties with other retailers and Samsung direct and really don't have anything to do with us. 

Thanks again,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Hello Mods and RS Members,

Sorry if I've seemingly breached forum rules there.I would like to say the only reason I posted my journey in searching for this

product on this thread,was to keep the OP informed of my findings.I'll end my posting here,was genuinely only trying to save

the other guy all the hassle I've been through with this product. Mod Snip

I respect your rules,but this is something all customers should know.....

I'll leave it there,thanks.

Barry

P.S. This product was stocked by RS See Here  but just an earlier incarnation of it.Also where does any of this post "Reflect on RS" ?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment

Thanks John, I'll close this thread.

Bazzz, feel free to PM me if you want a quick chat about this, as per the Charter this is the appropriate route to take rather than derail this thread any further.

Cheers,

Ritz.

This discussion has been closed.