Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pregnant working but still getting into debt

Options
  • 10-08-2016 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

hey guys so im 8 weeks gone i work 25 hours a week and attend collage once day a week working just 25 hours a week is not anofe for me an the job wont give me any extra hours even without the stress of a baby on the way id still be the same plan jane broke at the moment im living with my boyfriend and his family paying rent of course but i cant stay here forever an i will need to move out before this baby comes along himself works also but dose not make much iv no idea what i may or may not be entitled to from the social but if anyone has any clue there option would go a long way now im not looking for all the hand outs i can get an sponge of the state im just looking for a little helping hand to get me by for now so i can try move out or keep attending my course thanx for taken the time to read this post :heart:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭livedadream

i am usually the last to encourage this but please god take all you can get.

you are both working hard and unfortunately not able to manage.

the first stop is to citizens information they will be able to advise you on what to apply for and when.

same for your boyfriend.

best of luck,

i would also encourage you to ask your boyfriends family if you could stay on a little longer after the baby comes, that might make things easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Smondie

Could you renegiate the rent you are paying with your boyfriends family to give you a bit of breathing space to save?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Not trying to knock you when you are stressed but my grammer/spelling is bad but i left school young ,are you going to college ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭livedadream

sword1 wrote: »
    Not trying to knock you when you are stressed but my grammer/spelling is bad but i left school young ,are you going to college ?

read the original post she says shes going to college one day a week.

give her a break.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭fepper

sword1 wrote: »
    The thread looks morbid with the word death instead of debt

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭fepper

Well done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

• Registered Users Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Smondie

If both you (25hours) and your boyfriend (full time?) are working, sit down and record all your outgoings, find out where your money is going and find ways to cut back unnecessary expenses.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 annaf25

sorry about the spelling its bad i know ;p so a brake down on earnings i get 270 a week in that week iv to try pay for rent collage insurance (sky high just like everyone else) petrol by then theirs noting left sometimes i dont get to pay everything himself only gets 260pw as he is on a ce sceam with the social an most of the times has to sub me if i need it but i will take a look at the link you posted above as anything would be a huge help again thank you for your help :heart:

Advertisement