Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Irish Folk And Trad Music Group Or Band For My Pre Dinner Drinks Reception??

Options
  • 10-08-2016 1:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I am getting married to my hubby in December in Kilkenny and as a surprise I want to have some Irish folk and traditional music at out pre dinner drinks reception. We both love Irish ballads, folk music and traditional tunes so can anyone suggest a good band or group that is reasonable in price?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭sweetie

Mary Prior wrote: »
    I am getting married to my hubby in December in Kilkenny and as a surprise I want to have some Irish folk and traditional music at out pre dinner drinks reception. We both love Irish ballads, folk music and traditional tunes so can anyone suggest a good band or group that is reasonable in price?

Lookup Home Brew on facebook, they are excellent

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Mary Prior

Thanks sweetie, I will look them up. Are they an Irish trad group?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭sweetie

Mary Prior wrote: »
    Thanks sweetie, I will look them up. Are they an Irish trad group?

Yes they do Irish trad, folk, modern covers in their own style.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭mslady

Hi, you should have a look at the Bonny Men as well, they are excellent - trad, as well as folk/covers etc, well worth a look!

Advertisement