Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Mobile Signal

Options
  • 10-08-2016 2:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭

Whats going on with the signal in Clane Kildare areas? Bearly hanging onto 1 bar of signal, call catcher has never been as busy.

6 users on our premises in Clane on Eir/Meteor network and all suffering the same issues, people just cant get trough to me.
    3g signal just doesnt exist.

What happened to a mast that was installed in Supervalue clane? Has this been removed?

Lately the signal has been a complete nightmare, phones are just unusable around Clane.

I've been onto customer support a few times now, fobbing us off and saying there is nothing wrong, im hardly making it up.

The price we pay is just not worth it any more, you pay for a service that is just not there any more!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭eir: Ciara

Xpro wrote: »
    Whats going on with the signal in Clane Kildare areas? Bearly hanging onto 1 bar of signal, call catcher has never been as busy.

6 users on our premises in Clane on Eir/Meteor network and all suffering the same issues, people just cant get trough to me.
    3g signal just doesnt exist.

What happened to a mast that was installed in Supervalue clane? Has this been removed?

Lately the signal has been a complete nightmare, phones are just unusable around Clane.

I've been onto customer support a few times now, fobbing us off and saying there is nothing wrong, im hardly making it up.

The price we pay is just not worth it any more, you pay for a service that is just not there any more!
    Hi Xpro, 

Thank you for getting in touch :)

I am very sorry to hear you are having some issues with your network coverage.

Can you try doing a location update on the device? Turn the phone to flight mode for 10 minutes and let me know if this works?

Kind Regards,
    Ciara

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Xpro

Hi,

I have done that. But its not just my phone that has a bad reception, its all of our company phones are affected and anyone that has eir mobile has the same issues.

Yesterday driving from Clane to Kilcock, I couldnt stay on the phone for more then 2 min as I kept getting call failed message.
    Also my spare old Nokia running meteor has same issue.
    02/Vodafone/three networks have great signal around here.. Somethings wrong..

see the photo below, this is how we roll with Eir Mobile, one bar and just about using the phone and according to Comreg Mast viewer there is an Eircom mast less the 200 yards away??

vnyovn.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭jem

Exact same thing here in Roscrea.
    Service has just collapsed. 
    5 phones, lucky to have 1 bar now, 
    amount of times that no service.
    Rang ye last week and ye sent down new sims, put in yesterday morning no better, rang and ye said it would take 24 hours for the sim to get up to speed and would be fine then, 24 hours long gone and no better.
    rang ye and got cut off, had to ring ye back from land line, ye said ye had tried to ring me back but failed.
    explained again the problem , had to quote exact calls messages that failed.
    tec support to contact me in 24-48 hours. not good enough IMHO.
    eir getting worse not better.

Thats eircom for you, don't care one bit about their customers.

Anyway to give yous an update:
    I bought 086 simcard and oh my god, I don't know myself, signal is billion times better, at least I can talk to people now.

Issue now reported to comreg, let them deal with it, as eir is clearly a joke

Contracts will be cancelled as the service is just not there

This is what I have to put up with daily with Eir. Its like being in the stone age.  ( seriously dont know whats going on with signal over here, especially eircom. )

15ho5j9.jpg

2qb91yt.jpg

16m3tsk.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement