Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Gingerbread Run 2016 - 10k & Half - Potarlingon - Nov 20

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

Just to let you know that our 2017 event is selling FAST and it at 60% capicity with 250 extra places added !

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Arsenium

Hello Claude,

I'm sure you've been asked this a lot. I'm torn between the 1/2 and 10K. Whats the story in relation to swapping if I enter say the 1/2 and want to change to the 10? Or vice versa?

Thanks a lot. I missed this last year but did it the 2 previous years and really enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭webpal

Arsenium wrote: »
    Hello Claude,

I'm sure you've been asked this a lot. I'm torn between the 1/2 and 10K. Whats the story in relation to swapping if I enter say the 1/2 and want to change to the 10? Or vice versa?

Thanks a lot. I missed this last year but did it the 2 previous years and really enjoyed it.

I did this last year and was kind of sorry I did. I hadn't been feeling well and missed a couple of long runs so dropped back to 10k on the day. I ran a pb for10k and I would have done so for the half too had I stuck with it. Great race.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Starkystark

Registered for the 10k - looking forward to it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭racersedge

I'll be doing the 10k myself while the missus attempts her first half marathon. The joy of this one is that now that I'm living in Port, it's on my doorstep. No über early start as it has been to get on the road for the last few races!

• Advertisement

Arsenium wrote: »
    Hello Claude,

Ya you can do that up to a certain date.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 The Celtic Runner

I ran it the half last year. Though, reading the comments about the perfect course for a PB I was a bit surprised as it was not as flat as I expected :) But, I was close enough to a PB . I just got one in the Rock N roll last week so I will attempt again in Portarlington, I thought it was a great event last year and I loved the hat! I hope the weather will be the same, it was very cold but dry and no wind, perfect for running. This time I know the course I will be more prepared, it cannot be harder than the rock n roll anyway...I will convince couple of friends as well. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭fletch

I ran it last year (albeit paced it, not raced) and my Garmin recorded only 16m of elevation gain over the distance which is nothing. I only recall one significant climb which was after a turn left at 17.7km.

fletch wrote: »
    I ran it last year (albeit paced it, not raced) and my Garmin recorded only 16m of elevation gain over the distance which is nothing.  I only recall one significant climb which was after a turn left at 17.7km.
    You are right, I was just back from Berlin a month before, that must be why. I just recall myself swearing after 15km as I had nothing left " who said it s a flat one?" and someone passing me saying "there is no flat course in the country side in ireland!" I was under the impression that there are no hills but many false flat up and down. But yes comparing the profiles on Garmin with the Rock n roll in Dublin for instance it looks much much flatter. 
    Looking forward to running it again

fletch wrote: »
    I ran it last year (albeit paced it, not raced) and my Garmin recorded only 16m of elevation gain over the distance which is nothing.  I only recall one significant climb which was after a turn left at 17.7km.
    You are right, I was just back from Berlin a month before, that must be why. I just recall myself swearing after 15km as I had nothing left " who said it s a flat one?" and someone passing me saying "there is no flat course in the country side in ireland!" I was under the impression that there are no hills but many false flat up and down. But yes comparing the profiles on Garmin with the Rock n roll in Dublin for instance it looks much much flatter. 
    Looking forward to running it again

• Advertisement

We just went over 70%, we expect to be sold out in 2 to 3 weeks at this rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

Signed up. Like this race.

I'm in! looking forward to it

10k is now sold out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Shame there are no more trains to suit the time

RasTa wrote: »
    Shame there are no more trains to suit the time

Dublin Coach run from the red cow and there's a link to Portarlington

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Dublin Coach run from the red cow and there's a link to Portarlington

Too much effort compared to the train. Gets in at 12:04 too but doesn't seem to be affecting numbers for the race.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭cullenswood

10k is now sold out.

Crap, was on holiers the last few days so not getting alerts to this thread, my fault I know. No chance of extra places being added? had this down as a target race.

Crap, was on holiers the last few days so not getting alerts to this thread, my fault I know. No chance of extra places being added? had this down as a target race.

Not at the moment. We need to sell out the half first and then might revisit.

• Advertisement

Not at the moment. We need to sell out the half first and then might revisit.

Ok, I'll watch this page more closely in future so. Thanks for getting back to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭sideshowbob321

Hi the website is down and the ACTIVE booking page says registration is closed? Is there another website and is the half sold out?

Yep we are 100% sold out !

If in the unfortunate event that someone who is signed up can't make it on race day, I will gladly take their number from them (paying for it obviously).

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭EDit

Might have a spare 10k entry for this. My wife was signed up for the 10k but has been very sick for last few weeks and I can’t see her doing this. She wants to make a final decision in a week or so. In the meantime, what is a legitimate way of offloading the entry*

*if anyone from the organizing committee reads this, please let me know if I can do this entry transfer ...if it is a no-no, happy to just leave it as a no-show

EDit wrote: »
    Might have a spare 10k entry for this. My wife was signed up for the 10k but has been very sick for last few weeks and I can’t see her doing this. She wants to make a final decision in a week or so. In the meantime, what is a legitimate way of offloading the entry*

*if anyone from the organizing committee reads this, please let me know if I can do this entry transfer ...if it is a no-no, happy to just leave it as a no-show

Decision would be needed sooner. But its fine just pop me a message with the details,

Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭EDit

Decision would be needed sooner. But its fine just pop me a message with the details,

Mark

Hi Mark, just sent a PM as wife has decided not to run, so the 10k entry can be passed on to someone else

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭lanno

if someone who is signed up who can't make it to run, I will gladly take their number from them (covring cost for it obviously) friend left it too late to sign up.

Race brief is on the facebook page.

we will have number collection open on Saturday evening at race HQ from 6 to 8 if it helps you to collect in advance.

• Advertisement

Hi all,

You can collect your number and bag from 6 to 8 tomorrow.

On Sunday we are open for collection from 9 and would ask people to park in Portarlington train station as requested.

If you need to find where to go just throw the train station into google.

there will be a van doing proper coffee, tea and cakes so you can mingle before the race.

All toilets will be outside as well, we are not permitted to use the ones in the GAA centre.

See everyone on Sunday and thanks for running !

Advertisement