Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Gingerbread Run 2016 - 10k & Half - Potarlingon - Nov 20

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭seamusk84

racersedge wrote: »
    This is the posted route from their Facebook page. Some tweaks looking at it compared to last year (such as not starting on the hill at Corrig Wood :pac::pac: and instead of going out the back of Killenard we go closer into town and out behind the industrial estate area (smallish road but defintely more space on the road than there was on the lane used last year) so some nice improvements. In case your curious, I did a lap prior to it last year and this was the elevation profile I found so if you need more info.

Tough but fair course. Shame this wasn't before Dublin as it would of been a great training route to be honest. Keep your powder dry on the first part of the course.

The first 5k (up until you read Killenard) has the most drags. Don't burn yourself out going up the aforemetioned hill at Corrig Wood as there is little to no payback for that effort immediately after I find. At 3K there is another long drag up for roughly half a klick - but the advantage is you get immediate payback from it all the way down to the hairpin turn. Into Killenard you are heading upwards - but its gradual. Keep that powder dry until you have gone past the gates of Killenard though (which this year looking at the map is after the 5K mark) - lovely downhill after that. Great view of the surrounding area. Enjoy it (and be glad your not running up that hill too!) Last bit of a drag up is between 6 and 7 but again you get immediate payback as you head towards the the main port road.

Tough but fair course in my view. If you keep yourself in good shape through the first 5K, you can really power on for the second half. Thats my few tidbits anyway!

Cheers for that. Sounds like it will be ok so. See ye there!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,998 ✭✭✭opus

Enjoyed the trot around Portalington yesterday, couldn't have asked for a better day at this time of year. Things were a bit chaotic in the hall afterwards, people were queing without knowing for what :) I asked a few people if this was the queue for the goodie bags & they didn't know!

Thanks to the organisers for a great event & the many pacers as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭gypsylee

Another excellent event yesterday. The route was lovely, the medal and hat are class, the gingerbread man was very tasty and I love the t-shirt! Well done to all involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

Loved the Ginferbread 10k hills and all LOL :cool::D the marshals were brilliant out on the route very supportive. my 3rd year in a row running it and still a great event :)

well done and thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

Thanks for the kind words.

We know it wasn't perfect but we do listen and we will try to improve.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭mbarr

Just to chime in that it was a really well organised race, some minor chaos in the hall afterwards alright but the important parts were all spot on from what I could see. I had done this HM in 2015 and made some huge ill-advised assumptions based on that, I got several surprises on the day (laps, hillier than I was expecting) but only myself to blame for that!

Advertisement