Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

so unhappy at work

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭groovyg

Op best of luck hope you get the new job. Life is too short to be stuck in a place where you are doing nothing and its starting to affect you mentally.I don't why they hired if they didn't want to train you up, its very strange your colleagues hoarding work when they were so busy. Usually with new recruits they get landed with lots of work others don't want to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Be ready to justify your career history to date. You will need to have a solid answer for why you left two jobs within the space of 14 months and also when describing what you have been doing for the last 7 months....

I think if you realise a job is not as described and are doing tasks that do not help your career, its best to move early. That kind of style of management is unlikely to change. If you move too late you'll have actually gone back in terms of experience and skill set. Its might be hard to regain that momentum.

The days of reward for long service in the same company are gone. The flip side of that, is there is a greater incentive for staff to move on, when an opportunities arises. I think if employers want to see people moving around quickly as a negative, they need to realise you can't have it both ways.

Advertisement