Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overnight parking Smithfield?

Options
  • 10-08-2016 6:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Can anyone recommend an over night car park in or around the Smithfield area. Was planning on using the Smithfield/Queen st. car park but it appears it doesn't facilitate over night parking.

Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Rakish Paddy

Unfortunately that area is frequented by roving groups of feral scum, so I'd be reluctant to leave a car on the street overnight anywhere immediately around the square itself. Assuming you and your party are all able-bodied and capable of a <10 minute walk, it might be worth looking at the on-street pay parking in the smaller streets off Manor Place / Arbour Hill (Just don't park too close to the way in to O'Devaney Gardens).

Alternatively, there's a red line Luas stop right at Smithfield Square, so assuming you're not travelling after 00:30 you could park anywhere handy along that route and get the Luas. There are a couple of indoor car parks around Jervis St. / Parnell St but I'm not sure if any of them are 24hr, and there's a 24hr car park at the Red Cow Luas stop too, but I have no idea if it's safe (https://www.luas.ie/red-cow-car-park.html).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Park rite has overnight parking for €6 a night.
    You could look at renting a space locally from someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Park rite has overnight parking for €6 a night.
    You could look at renting a space locally from someone.
    You can pre-buy 10 parks for €70 as well. It's not the greatest deal on earth, but private rental isn't much cheaper and they frequently want a lot of cash up-front which doesn't normally work well if your company is paying :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭Duff

Thanks for the replies, guys. I've contacted Park Rite, if that doesn't come through I'll look into renting a space. Thanks again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

I live on Grangegorman Rd. Lower, about a 5 minute walk to the main square. It's a quiet street and my roommate has lived there for 6 years and has never had any issues parking her car on the street. There's a small side street just off grangegorman outside a nuns convent/school (Stanhope St) that has free parking all weekend so might be worth a look. I usually have guests park there for the weekend.

• Advertisement
Advertisement