Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Traffic this evening

Options
  • 10-08-2016 6:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45,481 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know what's going on in the city. Traffic is bedlam

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,145 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Currently on a 403 outbound and it's fine, Monivea Rd is clear, college Rd was as normal too.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,481 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Currently on a 403 outbound and it's fine, Monivea Rd is clear, college Rd was as normal too.

Eyre Square was very bad, as was Eglinton St. Wasn't too bad after that

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Schoolbook buying

• Registered Users Posts: 25,952 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

As I was coming thru Eyre Square about 7:30, there was a funeral going across the top. Only a few walkers after the hearse and that were moving at a decent pace - but still walking. Don't know if that would have accounted for a problem at 6:30 though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

There was a lot of traffic around 4ish heading up towards the Topaz roundabout from Headford Road too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,584 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Bumper to bumper outside Tom Hogans southbound, both lanes at 16:55 earlier. Right back to the HP/Boston junction. No idea why.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭pure.conya

The trafficlight sequencing at the courthouse is terrible, if you're coming from eglington st you've only got a green light for a couple of seconds!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,230 ✭✭✭bobbyss

pure.conya wrote: »
    The trafficlight sequencing at the courthouse is terrible, if you're coming from eglington st you've only got a green light for a couple of seconds!

Dreadful yesterday in Eg Street at about 6:10. Took ages to get from Moons (?) to Courthouse. Only three cars got through the lights at courthouse from Francis Street and I was the third.

Same number of cars get through I think from Letteragh Road (is that the name of it?) coming down to Rahoon Road and the same again I think at the Westwood Hotel. 3-4 cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

pure.conya wrote: »

It's crazy alright, Eglington St is now a carpark.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭kefir32

taylors hill new traffic light set up and some smartass drivers still turning right towards westside, drives me nuts, this new set up should be enforced better.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 147 ✭✭Ericdravancrow

The traffic light sequencing around the city is bad lately, either way too short or too long.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭blond45

or people wont drive on at green or keep up with the traffic:mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 147 ✭✭Ericdravancrow

blond45 wrote: »
    or people wont drive on at green or keep up with the traffic:mad:

Must check Facebook while lights are red...knobs.

Advertisement