Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New TT Bike For A Race

Options
  • 10-08-2016 8:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi guy,

Have my A race for the year coming up on Sunday 70.3.

To date I have been using a road bike for races training.

Been contemplating buying a TT bike for a long time and finally pressed the button a few weeks ago to have it in time for the race.

Brought it out on the one cycle, 20km, went well. Definitely notice the difference against the wind.

Am thinking after that maybe I should stick with the road bike for the race as its what I am used to.

Read that you use the glutes more on a TT bike, which I would not have developed as much as my thighs.

Another option would be to put the TT wheels (Sram cassette 11 speed) on my road bike (11 speed Shimano chain and derailleur).

Just looking for some advice from the community. Much appreciated.

Tos24

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭EC1000

Unless you've done the race distance several times and spent hours getting used to the TT position on the new bike I wouldn't dream of using it. You will use different back and neck muscles in the tuck position that takes some getting used to.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

put the tt wheels on your road bike no problem. leave the tt bike in the shed, one 20 minute ride is not enough to get used to that position for 2 to 3 hours

Advertisement