Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wordpress child theme

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Can you be more specific in you question? It looks like you're version is blank but I don't know if that is what you've encountered.

It looks like your style.css is empty though, the code you've posted for that file only contains a commented block.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭raher1

Evil Phil wrote: »
    Can you be more specific in you question? It looks like you're version is blank but I don't know if that is what you've encountered.

It looks like your style.css is empty though, the code you've posted for that file only contains a commented block.

The styling from the theme has not transported or being imported by child theme. What's wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭M.T.D

you can use @import url(...
    loads the parent style sheet first then you add your own styles
    you can use more than one @import url(... if required just remember they will load sequentially

wp_enqueue_style(
    This is the newer recommended method
    more than one style sheet can be included and they can load in parallel

Using both methods in the same file would as far as I am aware not be recommended.

What is the name of the parent theme, its folder name and the name you want to give the child

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭raher1

i have done all that, i just dont see the image, any answers would help. i am looking around all the time for an answer. maybe i am over thinking it
    M.T.D wrote: »
    you can use @import url(...
    loads the parent style sheet first then you add your own styles
    you can use more than one @import url(... if required just remember they will load sequentially

wp_enqueue_style(
    This is the newer recommended method
    more than one style sheet can be included and they can load in parallel

Using both methods in the same file would as far as I am aware not be recommended.

What is the name of the parent theme, its folder name and the name you want to give the child

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭M.T.D

The image does not affect the functioning of the child theme.
    You need to create a 300x225 png with what ever image you want, save it as screenshot.png and upload it to the child theme folder

• Advertisement
Advertisement