Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Information on Teaching

Options
  • 10-08-2016 8:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

I currently hold a degree in Maths and Psychology and undertook the Irish Diploma while at university. I finished in 2008 and applied for post grads in teaching around that time but I was unsuccessful. I was lucky to get some subbing at the time in primary schools and also had a job as a resource teacher for a couple of months in 2010. I have since worked in an unrelated area to education for a number of years and have decided to return to study as a secondary maths teacher. I worked as a teaching assistant in the UK for a year and have decided that it is what I want to return to do. I have no long term plans to return to Ireland but if I did return to teach would my pre 2011 work mean that I was on the old payscale or the post 2011. It is just a query that I have. I have read some of the circulars and find it hard to see wood from the trees as alot has happened since 2010 when I was in the education sector. If anyone could shed some light on it , it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭mtoutlemonde

I currently hold a degree in Maths and Psychology and undertook the Irish Diploma while at university. I finished in 2008 and applied for post grads in teaching around that time but I was unsuccessful. I was lucky to get some subbing at the time in primary schools and also had a job as a resource teacher for a couple of months in 2010. I have since worked in an unrelated area to education for a number of years and have decided to return to study as a secondary maths teacher. I worked as a teaching assistant in the UK for a year and have decided that it is what I want to return to do. I have no long term plans to return to Ireland but if I did return to teach would my pre 2011 work mean that I was on the old payscale or the post 2011. It is just a query that I have. I have read some of the circulars and find it hard to see wood from the trees as alot has happened since 2010 when I was in the education sector. If anyone could shed some light on it , it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

You would be post 2011 as you were unqualified.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 postgradprimary

great thanks for that had read so many forums that it was hard to tell what was what.

Advertisement