Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are they upgrading prepay meters ?

Options
  • 10-08-2016 8:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭

Just wondering I had a gentleman at my door the other day as I was on my way out he said something about if I have a touch screen meter I said yes with out thinking because I have a keypad one just wondering because I don't want to turn around and find my meter untop up able

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭Electric Ireland: Brige N

Hi crotalus667,

Thanks for your message.

Could you confirm if you are referring to Pay As You Go gas or electricity meters?

If you are referring to the Pay As You Go gas meters, we can advise that, at the moment, there are no upgraded versions of this meter currently available.

If you are referring to the Pay As You Go electricity meters, we can advise that Electric Ireland offer a number of such meters, the latest being the Smarter Pay As You Go meter.

This meter allows customers to top-up a number of different ways, including over the counter at any Payzone or Paypoint outlet, online, via text top-up and more. A full list of the Smarter Pay As You Go top-up options can be found online here.

While this new meter is available for new and existing Electric Ireland customers (further information is available online or over the phone with a member of our Sales team on 1850 305 090), customers are not required to upgrade to this meter.

A number of options are also available for the top-up of standard Pay As You Go meters with Electric Ireland, details of which can be found here.

We hope this helps. Should you have any other questions please let us know.

Thanks,
    Brige

________

Advertisement