Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir on Sky Q Mini

Options
  • 10-08-2016 8:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭

I a have Sky Q installed with a silver and a mini box. I subscribe to Eir sports with the BT Sports package. However, whilst I can watch it on my sky q silver box I cant get it on the mini. Why is this? When will this be sorted?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Is this really the case or just a bug? 

Another reason to stay on Sky's older platform. So much more flexibility. 

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Moonloop

No , its not a bug . It's Eir . Last year with Setanta you would've had the Sports Pack on both your tvs and also available online . Now , because you are a naughty non-Eir broadband/phone subscriber you may only have it on your main tv and nowhere else . Look forward to all the family fights over the remote control when there's a match on !  The Sky Q system only has a Viewing Card in the main box and not the Mini and there is no rush to fix it because Sky are , in fact , a competitor , and no discount for loss of value because that's the way Eir roll ........:O)

~M~ 

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭mdfire

Moonloop wrote: »
    No , its not a bug . It's Eir . Last year with Setanta you would've had the Sports Pack on both your tvs and also available online . Now , because you are a naughty non-Eir broadband/phone subscriber you may only have it on your main tv and nowhere else . Look forward to all the family fights over the remote control when there's a match on ! The Sky Q system only has a Viewing Card in the main box and not the Mini and there is no rush to fix it because Sky are , in fact , a competitor , and no discount for loss of value because that's the way Eir roll ........:O)

~M~
    Not entirely correct. Sentanta was the same with sky Q and if dont get a satisfactory response from Eir here I will be cancelling my 25 euro a month subscription.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭snapper365

Just posting in here because I find myself in a similar situation and am curious to see what eir have to say about it. From speaking with their reps, nobody seems to have a clue. It's very frustrating as a customer to feel like you know far more about a subject than the person who is supposed to be able to help you.

Anyway, to my situation... I had Sky Q Silver installed at the weekend, with the main box located in the living room and a mini box in a spare room (ie the room where I am banished to watch sports if the wife wants to watch telly!). 

As soon as the Sky engineer left on Saturday morning, I added the eir sport package via the eir website. I used the viewing card number from the main Sky Q box, and all seemed to be ok. I watched a football match on BT Sport in the living room on Saturday evening, and everything was hunky dory.

To be honest I just assumed (perhaps naively) that BT Sport etc would be available on the mini box as well. I found out yesterday (Sunday) that this is not the case (at least not by default). The first time I tried to watch BT Sport on the mini box, it instructed me to contact the subscription provider to get it sorted (but trying that this morning didn't help, as I have already said).

From what I can gather by googling, this was an initial problem in UK when Sky Q launched, but Sky and BT worked to get it sorted within a few weeks. So technically it would seems to be possible, even if there is only one viewing card. To me at least, it would then seem to be just a question of whether there is a desire to do it from eir's side? 

If not I will have to cancel my subscription to eir sports as it's really not worthwhile for me if I can't have it in both rooms.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭itsnotmyfault

This seems to be an easy problem to solve on eirs side but for whatever reason they are dragging their heels.

Sky can easily transmit eir sports on the mini boxes but eir are preventing them from doing this because eh.....???

• Advertisement

the silence from Eir is deafening

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭snapper365

mdfire wrote: »
    the silence from Eir is deafening
    To be honest I feel a bit sorry for the frontline staff when stuff like this happens. Speaking with them yesterday, they clearly don't know what is going on. That's a failing of management in my opinion.

Well the response time for Eir is apparently 25hrs and 85% response rate. Nearly a week later and not a peep on this issue. Thats my subscription getting cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

I had multi room sub to Setanta and also upgraded to Sky Q. Now only have access to the eir/BT channels on main box (and still thankfully on the old Setanta Go online). Eir/BT channels also don't work on the SkyQ app. But this does need sorting. It is fixable but Eir simply don't seem interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭impega1

Guys will this be resolved soon as I have also upgraded to Sky Q and my subscription is due for renewal next month

If this cannot be resolved I would like to cancel my sub

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Hi Guys,

Apologies for the delay, I'm looking into this and will be back to you as soon as I have an update.

-Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Papav3r

Any update on this?

I have had a Q and two minis installed today.

Want to get Eir Sports in but it not being available in all rooms is a huge deterrent.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Yeah its a real pity, defo evaluate if I keep bt sports, only hook I have is UFC at present. As it is not something my kids can watch I am usually banished to other room or I watch when kids not around living room. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭eir: Ciara

Papav3r wrote: »
    Any update on this?

Want to get Eir Sports in but it not being available in all rooms is a huge deterrent.
    Hi Papav3r,

I am afraid there is no update on this as of yet. Apologies for the inconvenience. 

Kind Regards,
    Ciara

Ive cancelled and I suggest anyone else with sky q minis does the same. Maybe when enough do it Eir will maybe pull their finger out and do something about it.

BT have resolved the issue for customers in UK

https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Sport-on-the-Box/Adding-BT-Sport-to-Sky-Q-Minis/td-p/1594989

Could this be replicated in Ireland?

eir: Ciara wrote: »
    Any update on this?

Hi Papav3r,

I am afraid there is no update on this as of yet. Apologies for the inconvenience. 

Kind Regards,
    Ciara
    Thanks for the reply Ciara.

If I get Eir Sports for Sky.

Does that include online access?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Hi Guys,

[font=Calibri, sans-serif]Great News! :D  Sky Q on the mini-box is now available for eir Sport. You will need to contact eir Sport directly on 0818203040 to get set-up. [/font]

[font=Calibri, sans-serif]-Pamela [/font]

It is good news.

It does however cost €31.99 a month which seems pretty steep.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Hi Guys,

[font=Calibri, sans-serif]Great News! :D  Sky Q on the mini-box is now available for eir Sport. You will need to contact eir Sport directly on 0818203040 to get set-up. [/font]

Hi Pamela

It's not great news really.
    I called eir to get it set up on sky Q on the mini box and told the charge is €31.99 per month.

I previously had the 12 month package which is valid up to 31st December 2016.

The guy said he will try and get a refund but not sure.

That's a increase monthly charge compared to the old cost.

Maybe you can advise ?

• Advertisement

Signed up for it today.

Needless to say it's appeared on the Q Silver but no sign of it on either of the minis.

So let me get this straight...I was paying €25 a month but if I want it on the minis I have to pay another €7 for a feature I should have had already and BT sports dont charge for in the UK? Joke. This is simply a software write for eir it costs them nothing to do and they are cashing in one their customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,040 ✭✭✭Unearthly

32 Euro what the hell?

Cancelled it is

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭pmce4

Hi Guys,

I really wonder about eir when you state here that sky q mini box's are now capable of receiving eircom sports give a number to ring and then when you ring are told this is not possible at the moment. I just received my increase letter and with sky Q installed sky broadband with the enhanced features for sky broadband customers is looking really good now.
    Eircom reps get your facts right or inform your eircom sports team to read the memo you might have got or stop pulling the leg with false information in this forum. I will give eircom 2 to 3 weeks to resolve this and stay if they do otherwise it's cancel and move to sky

Signed up for it today.

Needless to say it's appeared on the Q Silver but no sign of it on either of the minis.

Just to follow on from this.

Checking today and still no sign of it on the minis.

Rang up technical support who told me it was impossible to get it on the minis. That the post on here was a mistake. I asked him why I was paying 31.99 for it?

When he heard the price, he asked to put me on hold.

Came back saying, it is possible but they haven't even begun to test it yet. That I shouldn't have been charged for it. Offered the next 2 months at half price and said he didn't know when the minis will start receiving the feed.

So a sham as usual from Eir.

Eir Reps

When I ring up to activate Eir Sport Pack on my Mini Box what details do I require - I presume just viewing card number.

Do I need to speak to a certain section or will all reps know how to add the Mini Boxes?

What is the charge for adding and if there is one what is the annual charge?

Thanks

Just contacted Eir Sport

No codes available to activate the mini box yet so not sure what earlier post from Reps

My annual sub is due to renew in September so I would like to know if this is going to be available or not before I renew

Eir

Any update at all ?

impega1 wrote: »
    Eir

Any update at all ?
    If you read the replies in this thread. You can see all of your questions have been answered.

• Advertisement

Sorry if this is off topic.

I ordered eir sports pack to watch on Sky last week.

Its working grand and first payment was taken but when I ordered online they said I would get a confirmation email but didn't.

Just wondering if I was to cancel the pack (I'll probably get it out for the summer months) how do I cancel? I wasn't asked to set up an account or anything and not sure what would have been in the confirmation email. Will I just have to ring them up and give them my sky card number and that will work?

Sorry again for going off topic.

Advertisement