Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir on Sky Q Mini

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Adoolan85

Has this situation changed at all?

Still €10 to add to Sky Q mini?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna

Hi Adoolan85,

Thanks for getting in touch. 

It's a €5 to add on.

You can avail of this by calling our eir Sports team on 0818 20 30 40.

Thanks,
    Anna.

Ok, thanks for the quick reply Anna.

Was told that I can't add to Sky Q mini if on the free package with Eir Broadband, even if willing to pay the €5 fee.

Only other option would be to pay full €30 subscription.

Bizarre and frankly ridiculous.

My mini box is an extension of my Sky Q box for which I pay an additional fee. How this is not covered under Eir Sport's 1 multiroom box at no extra cost because of a lack of viewing card is an insult to the consumers intelligence.

"We need to send an extra strong signal", was the guy from Eir Sport's explanation. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

I was spun a yarn n the phone about how Sky charge extra to allow eir provide their coverage in a sky q mini box so therefore eir have to charge 10 a month for it. BS I suspect as it was one of the many reasons they gave about this charge.

• Advertisement

Adoolan85 wrote: »
    Was told that I can't add to Sky Q mini if on the free package with Eir Broadband, even if willing to pay the €5 fee.

Only other option would be to pay full €30 subscription.

Bizarre and frankly ridiculous.

My mini box is an extension of my Sky Q box for which I pay an additional fee. How this is not covered under Eir Sport's 1 multiroom box at no extra cost because of a lack of viewing card is an insult to the consumers intelligence.

"We need to send an extra strong signal", was the guy from Eir Sport's explanation. :rolleyes:
    I'm very sorry to hear this and I do apologise we couldn't offer you any better news. 

-Anna.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭lpool2k05

Hi..can someone please confirm the current price to add eir sport to 2 sky q minis?? i have eir broadband and eir sport on main sky q box...reading through this thread and its still not clear..

thanks in advance

Hi lpool2k05

I would recommend contacting our eir Sport team on 0818 20 30 40 for the best support on this and they can advise you all of your options in regards to pricing.

Thanks,
    Anna

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭lpool2k05

eir: Anna wrote: »
    Hi lpool2k05

I would recommend contacting our eir Sport team on 0818 20 30 40 for the best support on this and they can advise you all of your options in regards to pricing.

Thanks,
    Anna
    Thanks for the reply Anna...id rather not ring Eir so was hoping for an answer here...this is what the thread is about and i just want to see has the issues been sorted since the thread started

I'm very sorry.

Can you please PM me your full name and account number and I will query this for you?

Thanks,
    Anna

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 KingMuller

Hi Eir reps,

Can you advise is there any more clarity on this issue?
    It's ridiculous not being able to view the Eir Sport pack on a Sky Q Mini Box. As an Eir customer for more than 10 years (phone and broadband), like many others here, to fob us off to the old setanta guys in Scotland is a bit poor to say the least.

I rang them yesterday and like a previous poster they were looking for an additional €30 per month to have the channels on the mini box. When is someone in Eir going to stand up and be counted on this? We have a contract with Eir, not the 3rd party, therefore Eir need to take responsibility for ensuring their customers are happy on this issue.

I'd be prepared to pay an extra €5 per month for the channels on the mini box.
    If only Eir or the setanta team would actually take it. What makes it more laughable is the services providers giving about about free illegal streaming of sport, yet customers who actually want to pay for the service are being denied it.

I would imagine most people posting on this thread would love a resolution before the new premier league starts on Aug 12.

What are the chances of that?
    And if I can pay €5 per month pm me and I will be all ears.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

KingMuller wrote: »
    Hi Eir reps,

Can you advise is there any more clarity on this issue?
    It's ridiculous not being able to view the Eir Sport pack on a Sky Q Mini Box. As an Eir customer for more than 10 years (phone and broadband), like many others here, to fob us off to the old setanta guys in Scotland is a bit poor to say the least.

I rang them yesterday and like a previous poster they were looking for an additional €30 per month to have the channels on the mini box. When is someone in Eir going to stand up and be counted on this? We have a contract with Eir, not the 3rd party, therefore Eir need to take responsibility for ensuring their customers are happy on this issue.

I'd be prepared to pay an extra €5 per month for the channels on the mini box.
    If only Eir or the setanta team would actually take it. What makes it more laughable is the services providers giving about about free illegal streaming of sport, yet customers who actually want to pay for the service are being denied it.

I would imagine most people posting on this thread would love a resolution before the new premier league starts on Aug 12.

What are the chances of that?
    And if I can pay €5 per month pm me and I will be all ears.
    Hi KingMuller,

Thank you for getting in touch. I'm afraid I'd be unable to do anything about the price for this service. If you would like to receive this service on your Sky Q Mini box, you would be required to pay €30 per month.

I am very sorry that I can not give you better news here.

- Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Apbowe

There's only one way to fix this.we need to group together and unsubscribe en masses from Eir. They are nothing less than scammers in the way they treat their customers. Yesterday I just changed to Sky Q multi room and the problems persist. Disgraceful way to treat customers who have subscribed to you for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 mineofinfo

Is there any update on this situation?
    Can you get eir sport on the sky Q mini (multiroom) yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭PaulT21

mineofinfo wrote: »

Sorry to resurrect this post! Just got Eir and BT sports on my Sky Q TV in the living room. I am an Eir broadband customer so delighted that I was able to get the service but was wondering if this issue was fixed re the Mini box as it’s not showing for me in the kitchen? Any updates appreciated. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

PaulT21 wrote: »

Sorry to resurrect this post! Just got Eir and BT sports on my Sky Q TV in the living room. I am an Eir broadband customer so delighted that I was able to get the service but was wondering if this issue was fixed re the Mini box as it’s not showing for me in the kitchen? Any updates appreciated. Thanks
    Hi PaulT21, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us here. 

The mini box can be added for an additional fee, our eir sport team on 0818 20 30 40 will be able to advise you on all. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭pmce4

Hi Contact Eir sports directly yourself and once you add your viewing card through the eircom website Eir sports will add one mini box free. I did this myself on monday.

pmce4 wrote: »
    Hi Contact Eir sports directly yourself and once you add your viewing card through the eircom website Eir sports will add one mini box free. I did this myself on monday.

Many thanks pmce4.. do you remember the number that you called by any chance? There are a lot of numbers which all seem to lead back to eir.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

Many thanks pmce4.. do you remember the number that you called by any chance? There are a lot of numbers which all seem to lead back to eir.
    Hi pmce4 ,

The number to contact the Eir sports department directly is - 0818 20 30 40.

Thanks

Thomas

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭pmce4

0818 20 30 40

• Advertisement

Many thanks to pmce4 & Thomas. This was sorted with that call. Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

Many thanks to pmce4 & Thomas. This was sorted with that call. Cheers
    I'm glad to hear it's been resolved.

Thanks

thomas

Advertisement