Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir on Sky Q Mini

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Sorry if this is off topic.

I ordered eir sports pack to watch on Sky last week.

Its working grand and first payment was taken but when I ordered online they said I would get a confirmation email but didn't.

Just wondering if I was to cancel the pack (I'll probably get it out for the summer months) how do I cancel? I wasn't asked to set up an account or anything and not sure what would have been in the confirmation email. Will I just have to ring them up and give them my sky card number and that will work?

Sorry again for going off topic.
    Hi  Deleted User,

Thanks for getting in touch, it's no problem at all. :) 
    Cancellation can be arranged directly with the eir Sport team on  0818 271 416.

-Pamela 

Hi Guys,

I will contact the eir Sport team in relation to this and be back to you soon.

-Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

any update? 

[font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Apologies for the delay, the charge is €10 for Sky Q. The €31.99 would be the monthly sub charge of €21.99 added to the €10 for Sky Q. In order to sign up, customers just need to call 0818203040 and have their viewing card number ready.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]-Pamela [/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭impega1

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Apologies for the delay, the charge is €10 for Sky Q. The €31.99 would be the monthly sub charge of €21.99 added to the €10 for Sky Q. In order to sign up, customers just need to call 0818203040 and have their viewing card number ready.[/font]

why the extra charge of €10?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭mdfire

impega1 wrote: »

why the extra charge of €10?
    Exactly...Sky Q minis are a sky feature which we already pay for

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭Avada

Where is €21.99 coming from, eir sport is €25 per month, no? A €10 charge for the minis is a massive price increase considering its now €2.99 per multiroom and you can only watch a max of 2 sky minis at a time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Angrydrunk

Quote: Eir: Pamela

Apologies for the delay, the charge is €10 for Sky Q. The €31.99 would be the monthly sub charge of €21.99 added to the €10 for Sky Q. In order to sign up, customers just need to call 0818203040 and have their viewing card number ready.

-Pamela

Hi Pamela, Eir sport website states that it is €25 per year for multiroom subscription and €5 per year for an additional box. How is the price now €10 per month for sky q? This is a €90 increase for the same offering.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Papav3r

Off the phone with Eir there and having signed up last month for €31.99 when the service wasn't live but still charged, I've now been told it's costing €35 for it work on the Q and minis. €31.99 is for it to work on tablets.

After being told by 3 different reps that it was  €31.99 the shambolic nature of Eir strikes again. They are beyond useless.

Has anyone else been told similar?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭mossie

Papav3r wrote: »
    Off the phone with Eir there and having signed up last month for €31.99 when the service wasn't live but still charged, I've now been told it's costing €35 for it work on the Q and minis. €31.99 is for it to work on tablets.

After being told by 3 different reps that it was  €31.99 the shambolic nature of Eir strikes again. They are beyond useless.

Has anyone else been told similar?
    I paid for 12 months last December, would get if for multiroom if it was reasonable but €10 extra per month is daylight robbery.  Instead I just won't renew my sub when it falls due.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Is there an online service for switching the card numbers anywhere? I got sky q the other day and want to cancel it off the old sky card and activate it on my sky q.

I'm guessing I'll have to wait till the phones are open again tomorrow but live in hope anyway :)

As for the charges, cant see me paying for an increase in price so I'll probably cancel it when it due for renewal (November)

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭itsnotmyfault

Maybe i've missed it somewhere but what is the situation with existing eir broadband customers getting eir sport on the Mini now that it seems possible that you can get it on the minis.

Just spoke to eir sports who are a bit confused and he basically said that they don't really know what the situation is, that at the moment it's only available on the main sky q box for eir broadband customers and it can't be got on the minis at all. What a joke!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

When I signed up, it said on the eir website that multiroom was free, with no distinction made regarding Sky Q. I expect that to be honoured, or I'll be cancelling.

When I signed up, it said on the eir website that multiroom was free, with no distinction made regarding Sky Q. I expect that to be honoured, or I'll be cancelling.
    Hi  Dont be at yourself,

It is free to view eir Sport on eir Multi Room if you are availing of this service.

-Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Hi  Dont be at yourself,

It is free to view eir Sport on eir Multi Room if you are availing of this service.

-Pamela 

Just not with Sky Q right?

Hi  Dont be at yourself,

-Pamela 
    Pamela, that's not what your website says. It's clearly telling me that, as a Sky customer, I can avail of multiroom at no extra cost.

396297.png

Can you confirm to me now that that's not the case, and I'll go ahead with the cancellation?

Hi  Dont be at yourself,

-Pamela 
    Pamela, that's not what your website says. It's clearly telling me that, as a Sky customer, I can avail of multiroom at no extra cost.

396297.png

Can you confirm to me now that that's not the case, and I'll go ahead with the cancellation?
    That's correct this is free of charge Dont be at yourself as long as this is a standard sky box.

-Pamela 

Hi  Dont be at yourself,

-Pamela 

396297.png

That's correct this is free of charge Dont be at yourself as long as this is a standard sky box.

-Pamela 
    The FAQ doesn't differentiate between a 'standard sky box' and Sky Q.

Hi  Dont be at yourself,

-Pamela 

396297.png

-Pamela 
    The FAQ doesn't differentiate between a 'standard sky box' and Sky Q.
    I'll have this flagged with the relevant team Dont be at yourself,

-Pamela 

Hi  Dont be at yourself,

-Pamela 
    Pamela, so why are being asked to pony up €10 a month to have multi room on Sky Q. Its the same thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭impega1

mdfire wrote: »
    Hi  Dont be at yourself,

-Pamela 
    Pamela, so why are being asked to pony up €10 a month to have multi room on Sky Q. Its the same thing.
    I have asked this question both here and on Twitter - never got a reply yet
    Also no response regarding annual sub 

Still no clarity or explanation 

• Registered Users Posts: 33 coggy79

Hi all,

I too had Eir Sports on Sky+ box and upgraded to Sky Q just yesterday (2TB box & 1 mini). 
    I contacted Eir Sports to add it to my Sky Q mini box as per my previous subscription.
    I was told i could but the price is €35 for the two Sky Q boxes!!!!!
    As a customer of Setanta/Eir for numerous years i asked would there be any offer to retain my custom should i wish to cancel and to rub salt in i was told that if i had kept my Sky+ boxes i would get it for €16.99 + €2.99 for 2nd box. 
    Therefore it is now almost double the price because i have simply changed to Sky Q. Needless to say i have given my cancellation notice considering i can get Sky Sports with 159 games for €37.50 compared to 39 with Eir Sports!!!
    Plenty more cancellations on the way i suspect.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Muttly

I'm thinking of getting Sky Q and I have Eir broadband. Will I be charged extra for the mini boxes as I understand eir sport is free when you have eir broadband?

coggy79 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I too had Eir Sports on Sky+ box and upgraded to Sky Q just yesterday (2TB box & 1 mini). 
    I contacted Eir Sports to add it to my Sky Q mini box as per my previous subscription.
    As a customer of Setanta/Eir for numerous years i asked would there be any offer to retain my custom should i wish to cancel and to rub salt in i was told that if i had kept my Sky+ boxes i would get it for €16.99 + €2.99 for 2nd box. 
    Therefore it is now almost double the price because i have simply changed to Sky Q. Needless to say i have given my cancellation notice considering i can get Sky Sports with 159 games for €37.50 compared to 39 with Eir Sports!!!
    I was monthly so I cancelled too...they sort it out I will sign up again

Hi All, 

eir Sport is available on Sky Q boxes however a €10 euro charge does apply to this. If anything changes on this going forward I'll update everyone here.

-Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Papav3r

coggy79 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I think it's even better with Sky now.

You can get Sky Sports for €20 a month now for 12 months. http://www.sky.com/ireland/tv/sports/

It makes the €35 these guys are charging look like highway robbery.

Hi All, 

eir Sport is available on Sky Q boxes however a €10 euro charge does apply to this. If anything changes on this going forward I'll update everyone here.

-Pamela 
    Even with Eir Broadband?

Muttly wrote: »
    Hi All, 

-Pamela 
    Even with Eir Broadband?
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]You can stream eir Sport online or on the eir Sport app with eir broadband for free[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Muttly [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]however if you want to view the service on a Sky Q box a €10 charge will apply.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]-Pamela[/font]

• Advertisement

Muttly wrote: »
    Hi All, 

-Pamela 
    Even with Eir Broadband?
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]You can stream eir Sport online or on the eir Sport app with eir broadband for free[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Muttly [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]however if you want to view the service on a Sky Q box a €10 charge will apply.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]-Pamela[/font]

How can you justify that? Eir have specifically said we will get Eir sport for free on Sky when we have Eir broadband yet now you are telling us well its actually extra? Do you not see how you are contradicting yourselves?

Its completely irrelevant that its on a Mini Q box, I could have it on standard HD boxes with no issue.

Advertisement