Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir on Sky Q Mini

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Muttly wrote: »
    Muttly wrote: »
    Hi All, 

eir Sport is available on Sky Q boxes however a €10 euro charge does apply to this. If anything changes on this going forward I'll update everyone here.

-Pamela 
    Even with Eir Broadband?
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]You can stream eir Sport online or on the eir Sport app with eir broadband for free[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Muttly [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]however if you want to view the service on a Sky Q box a €10 charge will apply.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]-Pamela[/font]

How can you justify that? Eir have specifically said we will get Eir sport for free on Sky when we have Eir broadband yet now you are telling us well its actually extra? Do you not see how you are contradicting yourselves?

Its completely irrelevant that its on a Mini Q box, I could have it on standard HD boxes with no issue.
    eir Sport is free on a standard sky box when availing of eir broadband  Muttly, unfortunately this does not apply to a Sky Q box.

-Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭mdfire

Is the €10 per sky q box?

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭pmce4

eir Sport is free on a standard sky box when availing of eir broadband  Muttly, unfortunately this does not apply to a Sky Q box.

-Pamela 
    Just to clarify is this charge for a sky Q mini box which has no viewing card or any sky Q box. I currently have eir sports on my sky Q silver box for free? Are you now saying I will be charged for this

• Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭SickBoy

pmce4 wrote: »
    Just to clarify is this charge for a sky Q mini box which has no viewing card or any sky Q box. I currently have eir sports on my sky Q silver box for free? Are you now saying I will be charged for this

As straight forward as that question appears, I bet someone from Eir will reply with something that could mean just about anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,349 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

So I signed up for this today; it's €35 per month plus an activation charge or €325 for 12 months plus an automated rollover.

I have to say that Eir's business practices are very questionable.  Firstly, they deny access to the miniboxes for a significant period (approx 6 months later than BT and the principle offering consists of the BT channels).  Secondly, an excessive charge of €10 for miniboxes usage when at least with miniboxes they have to be used in the same property.  I know people who have accessed the multi room packages with boxes in different countries not to mind different properties.  Thirdly, the automated rollover of the subscription.  But most annoyingly, the training is so poor that the Eir staff (in Scotland) are trained to tell you that the €10 covers 4 miniboxes - I queried this, as to whether she meant devices, but she reinforced "miniboxes".  When I challenged this by stating that only 2 miniboxes could be used at a time, she acknowledged that this was true but that her script told her to continue emphasising miniboxes not devices.

A truly shambolic attempt to deceive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Muttly

Its eir, it typical really. They just love finding loop holes as to how they can get out of the "free" gift they charge €5 extra for per month.

Its free (ignore we charge the whole country €5 extra for it), oh you want to watch it in a different room, no problem. Oh wait, you've decided to use a new technology, that'll be €10 extra because we can.

To clarify:

Eir, you're a disgrace and you can't even follow your own rules.

-Pamela 
    Eir can you answer my question please

• Registered Users Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭mossie

-Pamela 
    My understanding is that the charge is for the mini boxes but as said when you're dealing with eir anything is possible...

Eir still waiting on an answer. Eir reps all over other threads today but not this one.

Eir still waiting on an answer. Eir reps all over other threads today but not this one.
    bump

• Advertisement

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi Guys,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]The charge applies to all Sky Q boxes, if you would wish to discuss this in further detail I would recommend speaking with our eir Sport team directly on 0818 20 30 40.[/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]-Pamela [/font]

Well Pamela's post directly contradicts what I was told by Eir Spirts staff when signing up on Saturday; it was clear in that call that the additional charge was to enable viewing on the miniboxes.  It would seem inappropriate to charge single box Sky users a variable fee based on whether they have a Q or more traditional box.  

Marcusm wrote: »
    Well Pamela's post directly contradicts what I was told by Eir Spirts staff when signing up on Saturday; it was clear in that call that the additional charge was to enable viewing on the miniboxes.  It would seem inappropriate to charge single box Sky users a variable fee based on whether they have a Q or more traditional box.  
    Thanks for your feedback  Marcusm, I'll also have this addressed with the eir Sport team.

-Pamela 

Well Pamela's post directly contradicts what I was told by Eir Spirts staff when signing up on Saturday; it was clear in that call that the additional charge was to enable viewing on the miniboxes.  It would seem inappropriate to charge single box Sky users a variable fee based on whether they have a Q or more traditional box.  [/quote

Once again eir reps on this forum not on the same page as other eir employees. If I have to pay 10 euros to watch a free service that you already raised my monthly price for just recently then that's bye bye eir contract or no contract.

Well Pamela's post directly contradicts what I was told by Eir Spirts staff when signing up on Saturday; it was clear in that call that the additional charge was to enable viewing on the miniboxes.  It would seem inappropriate to charge single box Sky users a variable fee based on whether they have a Q or more traditional box.  [/quote

Once again eir reps on this forum not on the same page as other eir employees. If I have to pay 10 euros to watch a free service that you already raised my monthly price for just recently then that's bye bye eir contract or no contract.
    I'm sorry to hear this  pmce4 :(

-Pamela 

-Pamela 
    really Pamela, I don't think you are, can you see how ridiculous this policy is and it is possibly breaking your current agreement in relation to the free sports (laughing my head off) that eir is shouting from the hill tops. you offer free sports to sky subscribers with a viewing card on older technology but customers with a viewing card with the new tech i.e. sky Q have to pay for the privilege of the free sports. Free my Arxe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭eir: Ciara

-Pamela 
    really Pamela, I don't think you are, can you see how ridiculous this policy is and it is possibly breaking your current agreement in relation to the free sports (laughing my head off) that eir is shouting from the hill tops. you offer free sports to sky subscribers with a viewing card on older technology but customers with a viewing card with the new tech i.e. sky Q have to pay for the privilege of the free sports. Free my Arxe.
    Hi Pmce4,

I completely understand how frustrating this must be for you and I am genuinely sorry we are unable to offer you some better news on this today. 

I will be sure to relay your feedback onto the relevant department. 

Kind Regards,
    Ciara

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Just found out that to continue my current multi room viewing of eir sport will cost me 120 extra a year. I watched on 2 sky boxes no bother for a few years. Now that I have 2 sky q boxes apparently I have to pay 120 extra! This makes no sense. I am still watching the same service..why the extra 120 euro simply to move to sky q? To me as a viewer it makes absolutely no difference to my service from Eir sport...it simply appears to be eir sport taking an opportunity to charge for nothing because their internal system says I must.
    Rediculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Moonloop

Ludo wrote: »
    Just found out that to continue my current multi room viewing of eir sport will cost me 120 extra a year. I watched on 2 sky boxes no bother for a few years. Now that I have 2 sky q boxes apparently I have to pay 120 extra! This makes no sense. I am still watching the same service..why the extra 120 euro simply to move to sky q? To me as a viewer it makes absolutely no difference to my service from Eir sport...it simply appears to be eir sport taking an opportunity to charge for nothing  because their internal system says I must.
    Rediculous.
    Absolutely ! And that is why I have cancelled Eir Sports package completely and I will write to BT Sports to tell them why their package is going to struggle against Sky over here because of Eir's greed and ineptitude . My former price covered Setanta and BT Sports on both boxes , now , mystically , there is an additional 120 euros executive lunch money required to assign the channels to a second Sky Q box even though BT themselves do it for nothing in the U.K.

As has been demonstrated continuously over the last few years no one can screw the Irish like the Irish themselves ; politicians and businessmen alike have managed to divide the country and evict the poor in a way that Cromwell himself never managed .

~M~

If you review my posts above you'll see I'm no apologist for Eir; however, in the interests of fairness, I'd point out that BT Sports in the UK charges £6 per month for a second box on Sky.

• Advertisement

If you review my posts above you'll see I'm no apologist for Eir; however, in the interests of fairness, I'd point out that BT Sports in the UK charges £6 per month for a second box on Sky.
    Yes...but the 120 euro a year is ON TOP of this purely for Sky Q. If you have 2 Sky HD boxes you dont have to pay the 120.

As in ...I was already on a multiroom sub with Eir for my 2 sky HD boxes. I replaced them with 2 Sky Q boxes and they want an extra 120 euro to continue watching it on 2 boxes.

I had Sky in UK until April; I was a BT broadband customer so bad free BT Sports but only on 1 box.  For my second box I had to pay £6 extra per month.  Equally, for Sky Q there is a supplemental fee from BT in The UK.  The problem with Eir seems to be that they're only charging Q customers which seems unfair - along with the fact that they wouldn't enable Q miniboxes for the first 6 months post BT doing so.

Equally, for Sky Q there is a supplemental fee from BT in The UK.  
    Really? Can't find any price for this. I see that you have to ring BT to get sky q multiroom enabled but they don't mention an extra charge on top of the standard £6 muiltiroom prce  anywhere that I can see. 
    How much extra do they charge in the UK just for sky q multiroom?

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭robbiep958

Hungry ***** .. We have eir broadband here and we have the eir sports on the main sky q box but we were also told today that we have to pay to get it on the sky q mini boxes . Well ye know what ye can do with your eir sports .

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Moonloop

Fair play. I miss the Champions League now and again but not enough to start paying per channel per tv and my movie collection is growing exponentially 😉

Can't wait for the Executive End of Year Report entitled 'Premier League -Champions League-Europa League-Rugby : How to Mismanage Assets and drive Sports Fans away from sport !

M

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Chael The Spider Sonnen

Just had the same issue. Got SKY Q in and signed up my main box. Called in to say my mini box wasnt working and they said its an extra 10 euro for that. I asked why it was treble the price for the exact same service and they couldnt explain a thing to me. Hands down the worse thing Ive ever come across. 

"Same service? Oh that'll be over treble the price" God I hate Eir.... Over priced  broadband and now they ruined the Setanta service as well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭paulboland

To Eir Management

Sky Q and Sky Q Mini

Setanta (Now Eir Sports) Multiroom on Sky Box SD/HD is €2.99 per box extra payment each month
    Eir Broadband Customers Multiroom is FREE

Why on earth is Eir looking for a extra €10.00 for Multiroom on each Sky Q Mini boxes when it's €2.99 on each standard Multiroom Sky Box and Free for Eir Broadband customers using Multiroom Sky Standard Box 

Multiroom on each Standard Sky Box SD/HD is €2.99 

Sky Q Mini multiroom should be also only €2.99 per box for non Eir Broadband Customers and Free for Eir Broadband Customers

Change this straight away for all customers and refund all customers you have taken this €10.00 payment from 

May I suggest Eir provide Eir Sports Channels on Sky be like any other premium channel one monthly payment and no extra payment for viewing on another Sky multiroom Box and would solve the Sky Q Mini issues instantly
    This would be a better solution and let Sky handle the premium subscription for Eir Sports on Sky Platform

Some customers have 2-4 Sky Multi Room Standard Box or 2-4 Sky Q mini boxes in home now
    It should be in my opinion just the 1 Monthly payment and be able to view Eir Sport Channels on Sky like it is with Liverpool FC TV or Man United TV or Chelsea FC TV etc as in Premium Channels not part of the main Sky Package

You don't need to pay extra for viewing of these premium channels on Sky Multiroom boxes or Sky Q Mini Boxes 1 monthly payment covers all Sky Boxes (Main Box and Multiroom)

So Eir expect customers to pay on top of €21.99(€25.99) a extra €10.00 for each Sky Q Mini Box
    Customers with 4 Sky Q Mini would be paying a extra €40.00 on top of the €21.99(25.99) per month

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭Avada

The €10 fee is not per box, its to cover all minis in the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭paulboland

Avada wrote: »
    The €10 fee is not per box, its to cover all minis in the house.
    €10.00 to cover all Sky Q Mini is lot better but is still way to much to pay 
    You can only use 2 Sky Q Mini same time with the Main Sky Q box

I have Setanta (Eir Sport) on Main Box and 3 Sky Multiroom HD Boxes 
    First multiroom box is free on my subscription and pay only an extra €2.99 each for the 2 other Multi Room boxes
    3 Multi Room Subs cost me only extra €5.98 on top of my Monthly Sub €21.99 

That's 3 Multi Room Subs costing me only extra €5.98

Sky Q Mini 2 Boxes max that can be in use same time cost extra €10.00 against €5.98 for 3 Multiroom Boxes

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭Avada

Yup. €6 is the absolute max it should be

Advertisement