Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Downloaded visa re-entry application, LastPass then said I was in Saudi Arabia !!

• 10-08-2016 9:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭

This could be innocent but certainly more than a coincidence !

NEVER had Lastpass misidentify my country of origin on my home network ( whether it was a wired UPC connection, or now wired Vodafone network )
    There were times I used the work VPN, which was routed through the UK and I whitelisted the UK, but that was it.

I was just asked to download the Irish "visa re-entry application form" and print out a couple of copies for my sister-in-law. So I downloaded the Word docx from http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Re-entry+visas and printed a couple of copies off.

It wasn't printing, probably due to issues I had before attaching my printer to my NAS box, using it as a printer server.
    So I went to login to Lastpass via my browser plugin, so I could then login to my NAS admin page, but it warned that my request was coming from Saudi Arabia and was geoblocked !
    I asked Google for my external WAN IP address and done a WHOIS by IP address and it said Vodafone Ireland.
    However I didn't record the full IP address, but know it started with 51.xxx.xxx.xxx

I ended up rebooting my Vodafone router, and it gave me a 109.76.xxx.xxx address, which WhoIs by IP address also said was Vodafone Ireland.

But certainly suspicious.
    If anyone is paranoid or curious, might be worth a try and see.

Any vodafone users here who have a 51.xxx.xxx.xxx WAN IP address ?

cheers,
    CD

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

Ignore last post, I've removed the tin foil hat !

Vodafone bought new IP addresses which were previously located in Saudi Arabia, but LastPass had old locations somehow.

regards,
    CD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

With IPv4 address running out, anyone that has large amounts of them unused are selling them at a nice profit.

Advertisement