Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motorstorm PS4

• 10-08-2016 10:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40

I really loved the Motorstorm games on PS3.

I wish they would make one for the PS4.

Anything similar available, an off road racing game?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Closest thing would be The Crew's "Wild Run" add on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 acc2016

Closest thing would be The Crew's "Wild Run" add on.

The Crew, cringe!

I have dusted off my ps3 for a few of my old favourites like SSX and Motorstorm.

They'll probably make a new Motorstorm eventually. The team behind the games (Evolution Studios) closed down a while ago but then most of the team were hired by Codemasters. So any future games will be cross platform too, although they might not be able to use the Motorstorm branding on any future games due to Sony owning it (not sure about this though)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

There were plenty of Motorstorm type games on PS3, but for a few things different try either Blur or the amazing Split Second, both probably cost less than the price of a sandwich.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    There were plenty of Motorstorm type games on PS3, but for a few things different try either Blur or the amazing Split Second, both probably cost less than the price of a sandwich.

Blur was very good, Split Second was pretty good but it was a bit annoying that you couldn't have custom soundtracks. Driving game music is usually generic dross.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Fuel on the PS3 is pretty amazing as well.
    And, if you are a Motorstorm fan you might not have played the PS Vita/PS2 edition Motorstorm Arctic Edge, which is really good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 acc2016

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Fuel on the PS3 is pretty amazing as well.
    And, if you are a Motorstorm fan you might not have played the PS Vita/PS2 edition Motorstorm Arctic Edge, which is really good.

I was very interested in Arctic Edge, however don't have a vita or ps2

acc2016 wrote: »
    I was very interested in Arctic Edge, however don't have a vita or ps2

Well, a PS2 will cost you about €30 these days!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

They'll probably make a new Motorstorm eventually. The team behind the games (Evolution Studios) closed down a while ago but then most of the team were hired by Codemasters. So any future games will be cross platform too, although they might not be able to use the Motorstorm branding on any future games due to Sony owning it (not sure about this though)

Motorstorm gameplay on a map the size of Fuel.
    I'd buy that..
    Pacific rift was one of my favourites games on the Ps3. Apocalypse would have been better, had the offline aspect not been so obviously and disgracefully neutered with the view to forcing people online. Loved the racing and chaos of the campaign bur the amount of stuff you couldn't get unless you were online - together with the reduced vehicle selection damn near ruined it for me. Hated that one as much as I loved it. Too many things better than PR with too many things worse right beside it.

First person PS4 Motorstorm VR racing through? Sign me up :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Not sure if it was me or not but they got very difficult later on in the campaign games, one false move and you have to restart the race, very frustrating.
    I used to use the original motorstorm to show off the PS3 on my fancy 32".
    I really like the games though, mindless fun.
    Maybe a rewind feature like GRID would help.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

My mam bought me a PS3 as a random gift one day. The console had only recently launched in Europe. I was working nights so I didn't even have time to play it there and then.

I went to Gamestop on my 8pm lunch break and picked up Motorstorm along with a Playstation magazine from a nearby newsagents.

I hadn't been a regular gamer for a long time and in fact I'd given away my PS2 and Xbox to my nephews. So I was totally out of the loop with games and the associated technology.

On my midnight lunch break I was reading about multiplayer, online leaderboards, etc. It slowly dawned on me that I might be able to play against other people online. We had only just installed broadband for the first time so I was suddenly being kicked into the 21st century.

However, an article in the magazine explained that the 20GB PS3 didn't have wifi, which meant I was screwed because our connection was in the hall. So I had an agonising wait before I could find out what model I had.

So I got home from work at about 4am, thanked the gods when I saw it was a 60GB model, then quickly hooked up the console. Shortly after I was playing online. The hairs on my arms stood up, the adrenaline was coursing through my system and I got my first taste of that irresistible competitive pump.

I don't think I played too much Motorstorm after that. Ultimately it just wasn't my type of game. But it will always have a special place in my heart due to what it represented.

Anyway, that was therapeutic....

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

Motorstorm on PS4 with the Mud Physics from Uncharted 4... that would be nice..

Advertisement