Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eyelash extensions ... they're too long!

Options
  • 10-08-2016 10:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I got eyelash extensions today, told the girl that I wanted natural-looking ones. They are nice and soft, but too long. They reach just below my eyebrows when my eyes are open.

Has anyone ever trimmed their eyelash extensions before? Seems silly to do so after having spent money on them, but they look weirdly long. They are a length 13.
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭SATSUMA

Go back in to her and say they are too long

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭jelone

Yep, or request a refund.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭SarahMollie

Are they all 13's? That would be quite long if they were uniform.

The girl I go to uses a mixture of 9s to 12s on me normally, and I get her to put a few 13s in if I've an event coming up. From speaking to her about this before, she says the first set are always risky, as "natural" can be a bit subjective. Some people think 13s are pretty natural apparently!

FWIW, while 13's are long and doubtlessly annoying you, but I know people who wear them and they don't look bad.

If you get them redone, as her to go down at least 2 sizes and use a mixture of lengths for a more natural look.

Don't trim them yourself, they'll look blunt and weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭cactusgal

Are they all 13's? That would be quite long if they were uniform.

The girl I go to uses a mixture of 9s to 12s on me normally, and I get her to put a few 13s in if I've an event coming up. From speaking to her about this before, she says the first set are always risky, as "natural" can be a bit subjective. Some people think 13s are pretty natural apparently!

FWIW, while 13's are long and doubtlessly annoying you, but I know people who wear them and they don't look bad.

If you get them redone, as her to go down at least 2 sizes and use a mixture of lengths for a more natural look.

Don't trim them yourself, they'll look blunt and weird.

Thanks, SarahMollie, yes I think they're all 13s. She said that my own lashes were quite long, so that's why she didn't go shorter. I read online that the longer ones start to shed in a week or two, so hopefully that will be the case! I'm going to the big Gatsby fancy dress party on Saturday, so I'll leave them in for that and will hopefully get more used to them. But will definitely go for shorter ones if I go back for a refill.

She was wearing 14s and 15s, so maybe she thought 13s were natural??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Do not trim them. If you're unhappy then you need to go back to the salon and ask them to rectify it.

13s seem extremely long for a natural set. It's bizzare she used 13s the entire length through. Though if your own natural lashes are long she may have had no choice to go shorter.

The sooner you let them know you're unhappy the better. If someone told me the next day they were unhappy I'd do my best to rectify it ASAP. If someone left it a week, I would assume they needed them for an event, had the event and wants their money back now, so would be less open.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭cactusgal

Do not trim them. If you're unhappy then you need to go back to the salon and ask them to rectify it.

13s seem extremely long for a natural set. It's bizzare she used 13s the entire length through. Though if your own natural lashes are long she may have had no choice to go shorter.

The sooner you let them know you're unhappy the better. If someone told me the next day they were unhappy I'd do my best to rectify it ASAP. If someone left it a week, I would assume they needed them for an event, had the event and wants their money back now, so would be less open.

Thanks for the response, Lexie, I appreciate it. I'm going to call her tomorrow and see what can be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭skitzyspider

13's are not going to give you a natural lash, I usually only get 13's if if have an event on & otherwise stick to 11's or 12's. You should go back in and tell them that it's not what you requested.

On a side note.... does anybody know of anybody doing eyelash extensions in the Gorey/Wexford/Arklow area. I'm preferably looking for somebody who trained with Uptomyeyes in Greystones. I've been getting eyelash extensions continuously for over 4 years with uptomyeyes but at the moment it's become too difficult to travel all the way up to greystones so I'm looking for someone closer to home. Im afraid to go to anybody who hasn't done the uptomyeyes training course as I belive that uptomyeyes is the only reason that I have been able to have extensions for over 4 years without any damage to my own natural lashes. Thanks in advance!

Advertisement