Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New razor time

• 10-08-2016 11:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭

Time to go more aggressive in my DE rotation. Currently have a Merkur 43c and Muhle r89.

Considering the Muhle R41 but also the Merkur 41C or 42C. The R41 is considered one of the most aggressive DE razors but the Merkur 41C 1904 looks bloody cool ...
    merkur_41c_razor.jpg

How aggressive are the Merkur options and is it worth sacrificing aggressiveness for a damn cool looking razor?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

Have you considered the Merkur 37C Slant Bar. Very nice shaver.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 376 ✭✭curiosity

Orion, I have the razor in the picture. I like it so much I have a second one for travel.

It's quite light & short (the handle is 75mm). It's also one of the less expensive razors on the market.

I found the handle too light/short, and lacking grip, so I paired the head with a heavier steel handle. I find it gives a mild shave, but that's subjective.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

I picked it up last week. Really like it. Definitely more aggressive than my other 2. Can feel the blade against the skin.

I do prefer a longer handle but find the grip on this one fine. Definitely a regular in my rotation now.

Advertisement