Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gig and pub advice

Options
  • 11-08-2016 9:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭

Hello all,

Travelling from Drogheda to see Lloyd Cole in the Greenacres on 24th August. I was wondering what the venue holds and what people's experience of a gig are. Is it all seated? What is sound/views like? Is is ok to arrive 15 minutes before (we'll be tight on time) or should I need to be there earlier?

Also, any advice for pubs afterwards. It's a Wednesday night so I expect that town will be quiet. We're staying in the Talbot so maybe a suggestion for one or two places on the walk back. We're mid-40s so a regular type bar would be great preferably with craft beer if available.

Many thanks!!!

:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭Corvo

Can't offer advice on Green Acres as I've never been to a gig there, but the two PERFECT pubs for you both on the way back to the Talbot (and both on the main street) are Simons Place and The Sky & The Ground.

Enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

PGE1970 wrote: »
    Hello all,

Travelling from Drogheda to see Lloyd Cole in the Greenacres on 24th August. I was wondering what the venue holds and what people's experience of a gig are. Is it all seated? What is sound/views like? Is is ok to arrive 15 minutes before (we'll be tight on time) or should I need to be there earlier?

Also, any advice for pubs afterwards. It's a Wednesday night so I expect that town will be quiet. We're staying in the Talbot so maybe a suggestion for one or two places on the walk back. We're mid-40s so a regular type bar would be great preferably with craft beer if available.

Many thanks!!!

:)

Greenacres is an open area art gallery space very small and intimate been several times over the years its always seated because its a small place the view and sound is always good its not my favorite place for concerts but have had great enjoyable times there.

Craft Beer I would recommended Simon's Place its on the main st about half way between Talbot and Greenacres and suits your age group

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭ezra_

It's been seated everytime I was there. It's a small, very intimate setting so suits some types of music well.

Afterwards, Simon's Place is a good choice. I'm a fan of the Thomas Moore Tavern that is ver close, just not sure what it will be like on a Wednesday.

Advertisement