Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Pro general stuff.

Options
  • 11-08-2016 9:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

CpcrhirVMAA6L4X.jpg:large

7PM our time!
    Sony PlayStation on Tuesday afternoon sent invites for an event on September 7 called “PlayStation Meeting,” where the company will “share details about the PlayStation business.”

Earlier today, reports from Vice Gaming and Gameblog claimed PlayStation would hold an event that day to unveil its PlayStation 4 Neo, also known as the PlayStation 4.5.

If you’re unfamiliar, the Neo is expected to play all the current PlayStation 4 games out there, but offer more horsepower for better graphics and frame rates. It’s expected to also support 4K games, movies, and TV shows.

With that extra horsepower, the Neo will likely be the ideal console to power the company’s upcoming virtual reality headset, PlayStation VR, which arrives in October.

We look forward to learning more about the PlayStation 4 successor on September 7. The event starts at 3 p.m. ET.

http://www.businessinsider.com/sony-announces-september-event-for-playstation-4-successor-neo-2016-8

Is this event being live streamed? - Sure is.

When the PS4 Neos being released? - We have no idea yet. Andrew House has mentioned wanting to do an Apple style launch, which suggests a short time between announcement and release. If not that, between September and November.

Will there a trade up program for me to upgrade my standard PS4 to the PS4 Neos? - Well we don't have Sony specific stores here, and since Gamestop is the only games retailer that takes in consoles for trade is these days, if we get one it'll be there. Specially since Gamestop recently did a similar thing for the Xbox One S, where they gave €220 value credit for a PS4 500gb console. So take that as you will.

Why should I buy a PS4 Neos? - Well we don't know specifically yet, apart from the Neos running games at higher performances and what not, although we have no idea to what extent yet. Expect the ability to play 4K blu ray as well, but thats not confirmed. Supposedly all games from October ish will be required to be have 'Neos' modes that run better and faster than on the standard PS4 console. There was also some talk of it running PSVR better, but I don't know if thats true or not.

So what, is my original PS4 useless now? - Nope, supposedly Sony is going to keep supporting both PS4 iterations, and games aren't allowed to have Neos specific features. Also expect a probable price drop on PS4 standard when the Neos is announced.

So how much is it gonna be? - No idea yet. Somewhere between 400 and 500 quid, probably 400.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Updated the OP with questions.

Reveal event in less than 24 hours! Watch the live stream at 8pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,043 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Any idea how long this is supposed to last? Won't be able to watch live so if could catch a repeat, before reading everything online. I know some streaming sites allow you to go back earlier in a live stream sometimes. Youtube and Twitch?

The last Playstation meeting in 2013 was 2 hours, but that was also PS4 reveal. To guess, between 40 minutes and 2 hours, probably an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

The last Playstation meeting in 2013 was 2 hours, but that was also PS4 reveal. To guess, between 40 minutes and 2 hours, probably an hour.

At least an hour I would think seeing as they have booked out a hall in New York for it.

You're going to have the Slim, Noe and how VR fits in with them all. Some reports are saying the consoles won't be priced till tomorrow in Japan and the Neo will be €450 and the Slim €300.

• Advertisement

CpcrhirVMAA6L4X.jpg:large

7PM our time!

http://www.businessinsider.com/sony-announces-september-event-for-playstation-4-successor-neo-2016-8

Is this event being live streamed? - Sure is.

When the PS4 Neos being released? - We have no idea yet. Andrew House has mentioned wanting to do an Apple style launch, which suggests a short time between announcement and release. If not that, between September and November.

Will there a trade up program for me to upgrade my standard PS4 to the PS4 Neos? - Well we don't have Sony specific stores here, and since Gamestop is the only games retailer that takes in consoles for trade is these days, if we get one it'll be there. Specially since Gamestop recently did a similar thing for the Xbox One S, where they gave €220 value credit for a PS4 500gb console. So take that as you will.

Why should I buy a PS4 Neos? - Well we don't know specifically yet, apart from the Neos running games at higher performances and what not, although we have no idea to what extent yet. Expect the ability to play 4K blu ray as well, but thats not confirmed. Supposedly all games from October ish will be required to be have 'Neos' modes that run better and faster than on the standard PS4 console. There was also some talk of it running PSVR better, but I don't know if thats true or not.

So what, is my original PS4 useless now? - Nope, supposedly Sony is going to keep supporting both PS4 iterations, and games aren't allowed to have Neos specific features. Also expect a probable price drop on PS4 standard when the Neos is announced.

So how much is it gonna be? - No idea yet. Somewhere between 400 and 500 quid, probably 400.

What's this Playstation meeting then? Essentially a Playstation event where Sony will formally reveal the PS4 Neos and PS4 slim.

Wait, PS4 slim? Yep, PS4 slim leaked a couple of weeks ago and can already be purchased through the right channels.

Isn't the Neos the PS4 slim? Nope. Two consoles. Probably both in 2016.

So how much is the slim gonna be? Unknown. If I was to guess, 300 euro or lower.

Any games gonna be announced at this thing? Nothing confirmed, lots of rumours. Rockstar and Red Dead being the hot ones.

So where can I watch this Playstation Meeting? Livestream links! Starts at 8PM.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11XjMplfTd4

http://live.playstation.com

• Registered Users Posts: 29,043 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

May just watch the highlights then

Eurogamer is live blogging it if that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,455 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I'm reckoning there'll be some mention of PS VR, with it's impending launch coming up!

PS Vita 2, perhaps? :pac:

I'm most excited at the prospect of R*'s presence. Will they finally announc a release date for Agent? :D

Agent's dead Jim.

Red Dead Remaster and or Red Dead 3 seems most likely. Specially since RD3 was heavily rumoured to originally be at E3 before it was replaced with days gone at the last minute.

• Advertisement

Where's the faith Miles? The Agent website states "Coming Soon" :pac:
    Although, I'm easily impressed. So RD3 or GTA VI being annouced, will do fine haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,614 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Prediction:
    PS4 Slim (general release within 2 weeks)
    PS4 Neo (general release same time as PSVR)
    - Neo to not be as powerful as XB1 Scorpio, but releasing this year)
    Red Dead Remaster

Future Predictions:
    Sony to announce PS5 at this same event next year (just before Scorpio's release) with 2018 release date and specs greater than Scorpio

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

It will be streamed on Twitch as well https://www.twitch.tv/playstation, Deep Down will probably get a mention as it needs to be released by next February or they will have to rename it and was first announced at the 2013 meeting.

A lot of rumors about Dragon's Dogma 2 being announced, which would possibly be more exciting then the Neo's announcement for me anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Mass Effect news coming at the event too according to Bioware.

There was a sonic leak over on neogaf, not sure if it's real or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Ould Mr Brennan

Is this on a 7 or 8 Irish time lads and will it be on YouTube? Curious Xbox head popping over for a peek

Any chance of a Last of us 2 announcement?

Is this on a 7 or 8 Irish time lads and will it be on YouTube? Curious Xbox head popping over for a peek

8 and you can watch on twitch or playstation site or youtube

https://www.twitch.tv/playstation

http://live.playstation.com

http://www.youtube.com/playstation

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

8pm Irish time.

Any chance of a Last of us 2 announcement?

Quite unlikely here. Maybe uncharted 4 SP DLC.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Ould Mr Brennan

Great thanks folks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Can we watch it on the PS4 (through a dedicated app or something?) Similar to the way Apple add a Keynote event on the Apple TV?

shuffles03 wrote: »
    Can we watch it on the PS4 (through a dedicated app or something?) Similar to the way Apple add a Keynote event on the Apple TV?

You can watch it if you have the Twitch app.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Jesus I just watch the iPhone 7 announcement and though that was dry but this is a fecking snoozefest.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Jesus I just watch the iPhone 7 announcement and though that was dry but this is a fecking snoozefest.

Shockingly boring so far.

:D

This is true.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

They’re really doing a bad job in trying to tell people why they should buy a new console. Everything seems to be so dependent on buying a 4K TV, so much so that they’re making it sound like there’s no point in getting a PS4 Pro without buying a new television.

• Advertisement

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Shockingly boring so far.

It is boring, but they are mostly explaining everything slowly and simply so far.

Advertisement