Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Pro general stuff.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

weiland79 wrote: »
    http://www.harveynorman.ie/tvs-headphones/hd-tvs/sony-55-led-tv-kd55x9005cbu.html

I think this is the TV I'm going to upgrade to. I'm hoping for a further reduction on Black Friday.

You can pick up a lot of older 4K sets now for very reasonable prices online, quite of few of these have received HDR patches in the last few months, most Hisense TV's that do not have HDR will be receiving it soon as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Any Gamestop stores in Dublin doing the €195 trade in offer? What do they require?

I have a 500GB i'd trade in!

dmcg90 wrote: »
    Any Gamestop stores in Dublin doing the €195 trade in offer? What do they require?

I have a 500GB i'd trade in!

Just traded my 500GB into Gamestop Henry St there, easy!

For reference, they need:
    - Console
    - Fully charged/working controller
    - Charging cable
    - Power lead
    - HDMI

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Just traded my 500GB into Gamestop Henry St there, easy!

For reference, they need:
    - Console
    - Fully charged/working controller
    - Charging cable
    - Power lead
    - HDMI

And they gave 195 towards a pro? or just 195 in general?

And they gave 195 towards a pro? or just 195 in general?

Only towards a pro, €130 if you want to trade it in against anything else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Only towards a pro, €130 if you want to trade it in against anything else.

Can you not leave doing it until release day or day before?

Did they say anything about having HD that were bigger than what came originally do you know?

I have a 500gb Destiny console but I put a 1TB SSHD in it, since the Pro is capable of faster HD I will probably take it out and pop the 500 back in...

Fieldog wrote: »

Did they say anything about having HD that were bigger than what came originally do you know?

I have a 500gb Destiny console but I put a 1TB SSHD in it, since the Pro is capable of faster HD I will probably take it out and pop the 500 back in...

I don't think they'd give extra for it no.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I don't think they'd give extra for it no.

Yeah might just take it out and pop back in the 500 and give them the difference, nice to see that the Pro takes advantage of SATA 3... :)

You'd need to check with them. If they're selling refurb models for €249 then I can't imagine this offer lasting long.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Yeah might just take it out and pop back in the 500 and give them the difference, nice to see that the Pro takes advantage of SATA 3... :)

Back in one of the earlier posts they said they wouldn't take one in with a different drive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

They won't take it if you've changed the drive. I spoke to them about it a couple of weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

They won't take it if you've changed the drive. I spoke to them about it a couple of weeks ago.

Just change it back, not like they'll know.

How long will that deal run for does anyone know? I'm debating whether to take my PS4 down today and go without for 3 weeks.

Clarehall just told me that trade in deal doesn't activate till the Pro is out >.<

Clarehall just told me that trade in deal doesn't activate till the Pro is out >.<

So pre-order normally and wander in with the old PS4 on launch day.

Varik wrote: »
    So pre-order normally and wander in with the old PS4 on launch day.

Yeah but it's annoying innit. Knowing GameStop they'll sneakily lower that price or whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Yeah but it's annoying innit. Knowing GameStop they'll sneakily lower that price or whatever.

Ya I wouldn't trust them in general. In fact I'll go as far as saying I'd rather just sell the ps4 to someone myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

with the Pro launch being so close to black friday/cyber monday would it not be better for everyone to wait a few weeks and get it then? bound to be some deals regarding bundles etc?

New new stuff generally doesn't go down in black Friday. More likely whatever stock of original PS4's will go on sale and maybe the slim. Whatever deals the pro might get will probably be bundles, and its always crap over here compared to the states.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

New new stuff generally doesn't go down in black Friday. More likely whatever stock of original PS4's will go on sale and maybe the slim. Whatever deals the pro might get will probably be bundles, and its always crap over here compared to the states.

Gonna hold off anyways until black friday in no rush to get it on launch day as my xbox one will keep me pottering along .. Can't see there being any stock shortage either

• Advertisement

Some update on the Pro version of Killing floor 2.

"1800p checkboard rendering on 4K TV (3200x1800) optimized for 4K TVs."

"Effectively supersampling and increased fps on HDTV."

"Using additional memory to [increase] texture resolution to 'Ultra Textures.'"

Additional memory isn't additional physical memory it's allocation, so it's just using more with higher textures. So there will be games using larger textures and inherently larger installs on those games.

Only thing I'm wondering will both set be used on pro version for playing at HD or will the standard textures be use for that with the other announced details.

Also for anyone wondering how that resolution in this particular game scales up vs previously seen up-scaling.

1800p vs 2160p is 69.44%
    900p vs 1080p is 69.44%
    720p vs 900p is 64%

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

I was told the opposite..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

bigphil2 wrote: »
    I was told the opposite..

So clear as mud then.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

So clear as mud then.

Yep! I said that i had a ps4 that id put a 2tb hdd into it,and the manager said that would be fine that they would scan it in as 1tb and id get the trade in deal..

bigphil2 wrote: »
    Yep! I said that i had a ps4 that id put a 2tb hdd into it,and the manager said that would be fine that they would scan it in as 1tb and id get the trade in deal..

Hopefully I've a old 1GB that I could get rid of that way.

So what is the better upgrade at this stage a pro or psvr?

Down the line at some point I'd be very interested in VR just want to give it time.

Pro interests me but I've no interest in changing TV unless I win the lotto!

Ask them to call Henry St as the main Dublin branch.

Ask them to call Henry St as the main Dublin branch.

I'll try again next week. If it does still run till launch it won't matter anyway.

I'd go for the pro personally, but I'm one of those people that can't play any VR without getting horribly sick, so it might be different for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

So what is the better upgrade at this stage a pro or psvr?

Down the line at some point I'd be very interested in VR just want to give it time.

Pro interests me but I've no interest in changing TV unless I win the lotto!

Unless you've a problem with the framerates on your PS4 now or have a 4k tv, my gut instinct would be to go with the PSVR.

However, I'm biased in that I had the same thoughts and went for the above plan

• Advertisement

RedXIV wrote: »
    Unless you've a problem with the framerates on your PS4 now or have a 4k tv, my gut instinct would be to go with the PSVR.

However, I'm biased in that I had the same thoughts and went for the above plan

Ive no issues with my current ps4 actually happy with it for everything it does.

I am interested in the PSVR cause the idea of gaming especially horror games would be a huge draw for me.

I think if i hear the pro handles VR better then the original ps4 that will be a major thing for me because i have no plans to switch to a 4k tv anytime soon.

Advertisement