Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Pro general stuff.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Varik wrote: »
    Had a price watch on it and it never showed up :(

Gotta be worth waiting a few weeks longer and see what happens black Friday??

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭HairySalmon

Gotta be worth waiting a few weeks longer and see what happens black Friday??

I'm starting to wonder the same thing and am thinking of cancelling my preorder in smyths.

There's been no bundles announced yet at all

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I'm starting to wonder the same thing and am thinking of cancelling my preorder in smyths.

There's been no bundles announced yet at all

I wouldn't be expecting anything PS4 Pro related on Black Friday. It's a hot ticket and in my opinion waiting until the last week of November could be risking stock shortages.

I expect there will be some great PS4 original bundles for sale during Black Friday. Many retailers will be trying to clear their PS4 original stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

I wouldn't be expecting anything PS4 Pro related on Black Friday. It's a hot ticket and in my opinion waiting until the last week of November could be risking stock shortages.

I expect there will be some great PS4 original bundles for sale during Black Friday. Many retailers will be trying to clear their PS4 original stock.

Pretty much this. You don't tend to get huge discounts on new stuff that soon, least not over here. If we get anything, we'll get bundles maybe.

Pretty much this. You don't tend to get huge discounts on new stuff that soon, least not over here. If we get anything, we'll get bundles maybe.

Don't reckon the pro will be that hot at all, most parents will buy a slim at christmas as it will more than likely come with good bundle deals and at €100 cheaper then the pro. Defo think sony will make a push on the console in the way of a bundled game like tomb raider that will show off what the pro can do. I am going to take the gamble and hold off till black friday, unless Argos come up trumps again and offer a good deal prior to that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Don't reckon the pro will be that hot at all, most parents will buy a slim at christmas as it will more than likely come with good bundle deals and at €100 cheaper then the pro..

There is only €50 between the 1tb slim and 1tb pro. There is a €100 gap if you get the base model 500gb slim.

There is only €50 between the 1tb slim and 1tb pro. There is a €100 gap if you get the base model 500gb slim.

most Parents don't care about hard drive space they will just opt for the cheaper one, and you can get a 1tb slim with Call of duty infinite warfare and advanced warfare for £295 on amazon . So €70 cheaper then pro and two games to go along with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,116 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

most Parents don't care about hard drive space they will just opt for the cheaper one, and you can get a 1tb slim with Call of duty infinite warfare and advanced warfare for £295 on amazon . So €70 cheaper then pro and two games to go along with it.

And those two games will take up 90/95 GB of your 500GB. After the space reserved for the OS you could be looking at having only 300/350GB left over.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    And those two games will take up 90/95 GB of your 500GB. After the space reserved for the OS you could be looking at having only 300/350GB left over.

that console bundle is 1TB!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,116 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

that console bundle is 1TB!

I see that now :pac:

• Advertisement

:D young lad wants a ps4 for chrimbo so for me it makes sense to go with the slim as he wants COD aswell and he only has a 32" 1080p in his room so the pro won't be at all noticeably for him

:D young lad wants a ps4 for chrimbo so for me it makes sense to go with the slim as he wants COD aswell and he only has a 32" 1080p in his room so the pro won't be at all noticeably for him

You'd think that but Titanfall 2 out this week runs at higher and more stable frame rates on the Pro in 1080p. It's plain for anyone to see no 4K TV needed.

People keep forgetting that about the Pro, its not 4K only, it improves the 1080p experience too.

You'd think that but Titanfall 2 out this week runs at higher and more stable frame rates on the Pro in 1080p. It's plain for anyone to see no 4K TV needed.

People keep forgetting that about the Pro, its not 4K only, it improves the 1080p experience too.

agreed but he is 14 and won't notice any difference, I personally am getting a pro as I have a 4k tv and VR so makes much more sense for me

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

The simple math is the pro is a console that's just over twice as powerful as the slim. And some people are expecting it to push four times the pixels without sacrificing quality. 4K really isn't going to be what this machine is about, although it's easier to market that way. Even the Scorpio will struggle with native 4K.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭Redo91

That seems to be getting good reviews but I know very little about it.

Just wondering if:

1) You'd need to play the first to know what's going on?

2) Is there any focus on a single player campaign?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Redo91 wrote: »
    That seems to be getting good reviews but I know very little about it.

Just wondering if:

1) You'd need to play the first to know what's going on?

2) Is there any focus on a single player campaign?

There was no campaign in the first so there's no real backstory for the second games campaign.

I think the first is a great multiplayer experience, but I don't like what they've done to it for this game. Surprised at the positive reviews as the feedback for the beta was highly negative.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Surprised at the positive reviews as the feedback for the beta was highly negative.

The primary reasons people were negative on the beta was Respawn slowed down the movement speed of the pilots and titans and they remove bots from a number of modes. However, after the complaints, they said they would make the required changes and hence the reviews are largely positive now.

Hope they do the same for infinite warfare, rubbish beta that was.

Here's a list of stuff that will be enhanced by PS4 Pro on launch day, the rest either getting later patches or coming when the games are released.

Call of Duty Infinite Warfare
    Call of Duty Modern Warfare Remastered
    Deus Ex Mankind Divided
    Helldivers
    Hustle Kings
    Rise of the Tomb Raider
    Shadow of Mordor
    Skyrim Remastered
    The Elder Scrolls Online
    The Witness
    Titanfall 2

Hope they do the same for infinite warfare, rubbish beta that was.

Here's a list of stuff that will be enhanced by PS4 Pro on launch day, the rest either getting later patches or coming when the games are released.

... list of games
    No Battlefield 1? Surprised to see that

Might have something to do with their MS first DLC deal. MS are really pushing the Battlefield 1 Xbox One S bundle, for DICE to have the game running and looking much better on the Pro would be a kick in the teeth to MS this side of the year.

• Advertisement

FIFA 17 hasn't been patched yet either. That came out before B1 of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

Battlefield 1 will have day one Ps Pro Support..

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭HairySalmon

bigphil2 wrote: »

Is that confirmed?

If so that's me sold

bigphil2 wrote: »

I can only find a comment on reddit that says it supports UHD 4K but I can't find anything official that says there will be a PS4 Pro version of Battlefield 1 that will make full use of the more powerful GPU as in better graphics and frame rate when compared to the PS4 original version.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

I tweeted playstation ireland about it today but they haven't replied yet.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

A quick google threw these up.
    I don't know how reliable these sites are though.
    Here are the titles Sony mentioned during the PlayStation Meeting which will have PS4 Pro support built-in:

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
    Rise of the Tomb Raider
    Watch Dogs 2
    Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare
    Killing Floor 2
    Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered
    Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 (with day one patch)
    FIFA 17
    Battlefield 1
    Dishonored 2
    Mass Effect Andromeda
    For Honor
    Spider-Man
    Horizon Zero Dawn

https://www.vg247.com/2016/09/07/these-are-the-ps4-games-best-supported-under-ps4-pro/
    Battlefield 1 And FIFA 17 Graphics Will Be Upgraded For PS4 Pro – EA

http://gamingbolt.com/battlefield-1-and-fifa-17-graphics-will-be-upgraded-for-ps4-pro-ea

I assume will be upgraded means hasn't been patched yet. Although I can't find anything to confirm or deny it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

I assume will be upgraded means hasn't been patched yet. Although I can't find anything to confirm or deny it.

Won't be patched until the pro comes out.

Two weeks from today - paid €180 off it today.

F1ngers wrote: »
    Won't be patched until the pro comes out.

Two weeks from today - paid €180 off it today.

Ah. My bad. I was able to sell my PS4 privately and paid €185 off it today, so only €115 left.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭jones

Ah. My bad. I was able to sell my PS4 privately and paid €185 off it today, so only €115 left.

Thats pretty good. Gamestop offered me €110 for my launch day console but the kid behind the counter didn't know how much extra i would get as a "level 3" card holder. Apparently its 25% on preorders but i don't know if that will include the Pro.

Advertisement