Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Pro general stuff.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

It's amazing how little info there is on this. You'd think there would be plenty of comparison videos, stated advantages, confirmed games that support it and general information etc with it being less than two weeks out from launch. It's a bit worrying.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Apparently there's an embargo on it. We should get more stuff next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Apparently there's an embargo on it. We should get more stuff next week.

If the PSVR didn't meet expectations, I could maybe understand that. But given its basically sold out they should be doing everything in their power to divert that energy and hype up the Pro.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,786 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Surprised we haven't seen any out in the wild yet folks were posting videos and photos of the slim two weeks before the release

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Batesy wrote: »
    Anyone know if the stand is included with the Pro?

You can buy the stand already, the Slim and Pro use the same stand but you clip on a different mold depending on what console you are screwing it on to. It's an interesting design.

• Advertisement

Some of the major media outlets are reporting having received their PS4 Pro's, so we should definitely get stuff this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

If you back up your saves on a usb can you transfer them to your new console. Don't want to lose my Master League save in PES

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭HairySalmon

Some of the major media outlets are reporting having received their PS4 Pro's, so we should definitely get stuff this week.

Who out of curioisity?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

What are the chances of some free game bundles being offered on release day, did any retailer do that for the slim?

Who out of curioisity?

IGN and DG, and some other joints on NeoGaf.

And I don't think there was any for the slim? Maybe symths did one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

So according to Neogaf the embargo won't lift until Monday.

We might get small snippets of news this week be no hardware reviews until Monday lunchtime.

Apparently the last of us has received its Pro patch, so that can go on the list as well.

30583412112_4431af4678_o.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭jones

So torn over getting the Pro. I want one but being on 1080p screen for the foreseeable I'm not sure if its worth it especially as I'm getting so little for my launch day PS4. The benefits to 1080p seem very vague and all this talk of the Pro basically crippling itself to ensure it runs the entire ps4 library without issue, is a worry to me. I would of thought by default the pro would run every game a little bit smoother (not to mention super sampling and the like) but it seems as if they are hobbling the pro unless the game in question is patched for increase in power.

I probably will end up getting the Pro but at this time I think i'll wait and see how things are looking after launch

All games released from now on have a Pro mode as standard. It's only older games need patches to take advantage of it.

All games released from now on have a Pro mode as standard. It's only older games need patches to take advantage of it.

Has it been confirmed that all games from the release of the Pro will have a Pro mode? Was it not down to the developer if they wished to enable it?

jones wrote: »
    Has it been confirmed that all games from the release of the Pro will have a Pro mode? Was it not down to the developer if they wished to enable it?

It's a basic requirement by Sony going forward for all games to have a Pro mode and Base mode, it's only up to developers if they want to patch older titles.

It's a basic requirement by Sony going forward for all games to have a Pro mode and Base mode, it's only up to developers if they want to patch older titles.

Thanks for clearing that up Captain Chaos

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

jones wrote: »
    Not yet but I am sure Sony will be encouraging developers to do so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

Hi guys, I'm just wondering what the best trade in deal for a ps4 to ps4 pro is.

Not yet but I am sure Sony will be encouraging developers to do so.

Did they not say that from the PS4Pro reveal announcement. Fairly sure they did say that every game would have Pro features from when the console is released onwards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Saw an argos flyer today advertising the Pro,price was €470. Dont know how they plan to sell for that price when gamestop are doing it for €400

• Registered Users Posts: 28,116 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

EoinHef wrote: »
    Saw an argos flyer today advertising the Pro,price was €470. Dont know how they plan to sell for that price when gamestop are doing it for €400

It'll be €389 on launch with a 20% discount.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    It'll be €389 on launch with a 20% discount.

I know argos have a bit of history there but the fact this price was in one of their flyers makes me think they may go with it. Just a gut feeling though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

EoinHef wrote: »
    Thats unusual for Argos. Normally they are the best price and place for consoles.

Thats unusual for Argos. Normally they are the best price and place for consoles.

Yeah i thought so too,Argos is usually the first place i check for these things.

Cant add a pic to my original post but heres a pic of the flyer

I'd imagine that's a misprint. Have to be pretty mad to sell it that high.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Their pricing seems all over the shop according to that flyer. €349 for the 1TB Slim and yet it's €329 for the 1TB Slim with Call of Duty IW!?!

€469 for the Pro??

I reckon the marketing department were at the sherry before sending that to print.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Marketing.
    There will be a E469, reduced to E400 on day of release.

I think they had the PSVR reduced on day one too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

F1ngers wrote: »
    Marketing.
    There will be a E469, reduced to E400 on day of release.

I think they had the PSVR reduced on day one too.

There are laws that it has to be either on sale or advertised (not sure which, thought it was on sale) for a time before they can claim a reduction (2 weeks I think).

Advertisement