Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Pro general stuff.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,788 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Remember Argos are uk company maybe the weak pound is causing the higher pricing, maybe wrong but it could be one possibility why the flyer pricing

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Varik wrote: »
    There are laws that it has to be either on sale or advertised (not sure which, thought it was on sale) for a time before they can claim a reduction (2 weeks I think).

I reported those prices to the advertising standards crowd. The next day the sale prices disappeared. It could be coincidence and they were going to correct it anyway, but I did receive a letter that they were investigating the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Argos are awesome for PS stuff, got my original one at great price with 3 free games and got my PSN subs a while ago when they did the yearly one for €15. Their deals are always the best. I don't care what they get up to with their adverts, all that matters is what they sell it for.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Infamous Second Son also just got a pro patch, v1.05.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Infamous Second Son also just got a pro patch, v1.05.

HDR is make the neon look even better.

• Advertisement

DSC_0768.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Fun fact:

Gamestop will be knocking 30 euro of the price of your trade in, if the rubber on the thumb sticks is worn. I just checked this in their Henry street store.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,116 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

weiland79 wrote: »
    Fun fact:

Gamestop will be knocking 30 euro of the price of your trade in, if the rubber on the thumb sticks is worn. I just checked this in their Henry street store.

Well they can't sell the controller with damage so they either need to bundle a new one or pay some staff to dismantle controllers and replace the thumbsticks.

weiland79 wrote: »
    Fun fact:

I was wondering about that. Both of mine are wrecked.

Better than cex. They take the whole price of a new controller off it.

• Advertisement

Amazon dropped their price again, normal direct shipping puts it a 14-15th for delivery express isn't likely to help but the likes of PM ect could.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭jones

I was wondering about that. Both of mine are wrecked.

Mine are the exact same. Serious design flaw with the original controllers. My previous PS3/2/1 controllers never had such issues

Think thats made my mind up re pre-ordering the Pro i'd be getting even less than i expected originally.

That amazon price is cheaper than Gamestop, but factor in prime cost and parcel motel I'd save about 3 euro, so might as well stay the course.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

That amazon price is cheaper than Gamestop, but factor in prime cost and parcel motel I'd save about 3 euro, so might as well stay the course.
    Yep. Also if there was ever an issue you could return it locally instead of having to post it back.

Didn't bother pre-order, just going to try argos again. I'm up stupidly early for work in anycase.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭rabwaygal

Had a look online but can't find anything... Anyone think the PS4 Pro would be worthwhile with a 4k TV that's not HDR? Will the lack of HDR be a big deal?

rabwaygal wrote: »
    Had a look online but can't find anything... Anyone think the PS4 would be worthwhile with a 4k TV that's not HDR? Will the lack of HDR be a big deal?

Are you buying or do already have it?

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭rabwaygal

Varik wrote: »
    Are you buying or do already have it?

Have the TV already and it won't be updated/patched to support HDR.

Its free delivery regardless of prime membership in the uk so it would work out at £332 and parcel motel cost. About €368 + PM costs. Still rather get it here though.

Yeah but it'd take 3 days or so to get here, and I'm a week without the PS4 already. Not waiting.

• Advertisement

I'll be on the Argos website bright an early trying to catch one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

superg wrote: »
    I'll be on the Argos website bright an early trying to catch one.

These wont sell out don't see the rush

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

They will ship directly with Irish tax. Still works out at €376 at current exchange rates and amazon offer free returns so i'd rather go with them than pay 399 at a B&M shop

These wont sell out don't see the rush

Nobody knows what stock levels will be like or what demand will be like. I'm not in a mad rush anyway I want to see if there's any good bundles going at launch from Argos, if not I'll probably just order one from Amazon.

I'd have never anticipated PS VR selling out either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

I'd have never anticipated PS VR selling out either.

Totally thought Vr would sell out, amazon being a very good indication of what stock levels would be like, they were limiting purchases of vr to one per customer and giving warnings about stock levels. Nothing of the sort about the pro, I would imagine the pro has a very low pre order rate. Im getting one but cant imagine the pro getting much attention from casual gamers and parents etc. I predict a a strong bundle from Argos or tesco direct on black Friday, €350-400 plus at least two games

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

Is Gamestop still doing its €195 offer for 500GB PS4? Trading in on Saturday and it would kill me if the offer ended as I waited too long.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Lucreto wrote: »
    Is Gamestop still doing its €195 offer for 500GB PS4? Trading in on Saturday and it would kill me if the offer ended as I waited too long.

No, i went in today and they said all pre orders are fully booked

Totally thought Vr would sell out, amazon being a very good indication of what stock levels would be like, they were limiting purchases of vr to one per customer and giving warnings about stock levels. Nothing of the sort about the pro, I would imagine the pro has a very low pre order rate. Im getting one but cant imagine the pro getting much attention from casual gamers and parents etc. I predict a a strong bundle from Argos or tesco direct on black Friday, €350-400 plus at least two games

There were warnings as regards Sony's ability to manufacture the PSVR in any significant volume back in march. And as you said Amazon is a great indicator. I'd ordered mine the day after pre orders went live and Amazon were already flagging delays. I have yet to see any indication that there's any supply issue with the Pro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Even the Xbox One S 2TB version sold out in about 2 weeks even on Amazon. The Pro is more of a hardware upgrade than that so you never know.

Advertisement