Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Pro general stuff.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

I might indulge in titanfall for that price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭.G.

So looks like Argos is the only show in town for those of us who didn't pre order. Hope I get one now but if not gamestop says mid to late November for more stock. Who was it here who said these wouldn't sell out?! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

superg wrote: »
    So looks like Argos is the only show in town for those of us who didn't pre order. Hope I get one now but if not gamestop says mid to late November for more stock. Who was it here who said these wouldn't sell out?! :D

Haha that was me hands up.

Aaaahhh wait Smyth's still taking pre orders as are little woods :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭jones

I might indulge in titanfall for that price.

It's supposed to be brilliant

jones wrote: »
    It's supposed to be brilliant

I heard that. Or maybe mighty no9 for a tenner...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭.G.

Haha that was me hands up.

Aaaahhh wait Smyth's still taking pre orders as are little woods :-)

haha :D

Got an order in myself with Smyths, I'll be going for Argos if I can though. Smyths is the backup.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

An email I got from Amazon

"Hello,

You recently ordered "Sony PlayStation 4 Pro 1TB" in your Amazon order #205-8819725-1041935 and we're pleased to inform you that you're now entitled to an additional discount on 2 games.

"Call Of Duty: Infinite Warfare" w/ Zombie Pin Badges and Hellstorm DLC (Exclusive to Amazon.co.uk) will be available to purchase at the reduced cost of £34 and "Dishonored 2" will be available to purchase at the reduced cost of £20. "

Hmm, Dishonored 2 seems like a good choice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

Lucreto wrote: »
    Is Gamestop still doing its €195 offer for 500GB PS4? Trading in on Saturday and it would kill me if the offer ended as I waited too long.

I asked today and was told it's only €110 trade in for a 500GB PS4!
    Had asked a few weeks ago and was told €165 minimum but more if it's in good condition (probably non worn thumb sticks gets you the extra €30?).
    Think he said new slim PS4 gets €180.

Anyone else who checked recently get any different prices?

I think its currently to do with bad communications between Gamestop stores/headquarters.

Apparently Gamestop are no longer offering the 195 for 500gb consoles, according to someone on Neogaf. Which would be disappointing of them if true.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Apparently Gamestop are no longer offering the 195 for 500gb consoles, according to someone on Neogaf. Which would be disappointing of them if true.

Hope not, haven't traded in mine yet and might not be able to until Thursday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Conar

So if I put a deposit down a month ago will they honour the 195?

Conar wrote: »
    So if I put a deposit down a month ago will they honour the 195?

Sell it privately GameStop are a right shower if u ask me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Conar

Sell it privately GameStop are a right shower if u ask me

I have an email confirming they'll honour the price cos I was worried about this. Will be interesting to see what happens.

fair play is they honor it, just bring the e-mail with you, looks like amazon are back in business for the pro no word of it being sold out now on their site... very weird

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

First images of 1080p downsampling
    Standard PS4 for Titanfall 2
    https://abload.de/img/ps4standard77ob4.png

PS4 Pro
    https://abload.de/img/ps4proweks1.png

Ratchet &Clank
    PS4
    http://i.imgur.com/KuY5XuZ.png

PS4 Pro
    http://i.imgur.com/TSNeNUV.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Ordered as soon as it was announced with amazon , have an Xbox one and used to have a PS3 , excited after reading these pages to get hold of it

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭mcgrath1992

question guys...is it possible to swap the 1tb pro hard drive for a seagate 2tb one myself? also will my game library like digital downloads i bought from my current ps4 transfer over easily to the pro?

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭VulcanRaving

Upgraded my 500GB HD to 2TB a year or so ago so I defo can't see myself upgrading.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

question guys...is it possible to swap the 1tb pro hard drive for a seagate 2tb one myself? also will my game library like digital downloads i bought from my current ps4 transfer over easily to the pro?

The PS4 Pro takes the same 9.5mm size HDDs as the standard PS4 so the 2TB will work. However you would need to format the HDD to take the new PS4 Pro software which would erase everything off it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Seagate make a lot of drive, is it a 2.5" drive or 3.5" drive. if it's the enclosed USB seagate which a lot here were buying and then taking apart it's not hard, you just need a flat head screw driver or a knife to pry it open. If you're taking a hdd out of one PS4 to put into another that won't work without wiping it as the data is encrypted.

You can connect 2 PS4s (pro or otherwise) together and transfer between them, other option is making a backup and restoring that but that takes forever.

Edit:Personally going wait to buy a new larger HDD for the Pro as I want to see if SSD will be worth it after the change to SATA 3.0, still have 2TB in normal PS4 which I'm keeping.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

I paid off the PS4 Pro today and in-store they weren't aware of any bundles being added, unlike what it says on Gamestop online. They did say there's a good chance of some games being bundled closer to the time.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Keith186 wrote: »
    I asked today and was told it's only €110 trade in for a 500GB PS4!
    Had asked a few weeks ago and was told €165 minimum but more if it's in good condition (probably non worn thumb sticks gets you the extra €30?).
    Think he said new slim PS4 gets €180.

Anyone else who checked recently get any different prices?

When I traded in the old PS4 for a slim at GS, I was told normal trade-in value was €145, plus a €50 bonus to bring to €195. I asked was this available against the Pro, and was told no. Others were told that it was in fact available on the Pro.
    The GS staff seemed very badly informed in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭mcgrath1992

Varik wrote: »
    Seagate make a lot of drive, is it a 2.5" drive or 3.5" drive. if it's the enclosed USB seagate which a lot here were buying and then taking apart it's not hard, you just need a flat head screw driver or a knife to pry it open. If you're taking a hdd out of one PS4 to put into another that won't work without wiping it as the data is encrypted.

You can connect 2 PS4s (pro or otherwise) together and transfer between them, other option is making a backup and restoring that but that takes forever.

Edit:Personally going wait to buy a new larger HDD for the Pro as I want to see if SSD will be worth it after the change to SATA 3.0, still have 2TB in normal PS4 which I'm keeping.

prob be enclosed i havent decided which 2tb hard drive to get for the pro yet which one would be best? going to swap out 1tb that comes with pro...

and to connect 2 ps4s will it be a usb transfer cable i need?

( Edit ) couldnt it just be easier to back up my game data and digital bought stuff to ps plus cloud then when i get the pro i can just restore it from the ps plus cloud onto the pro's new 2tb hardrive i will put in?

15003335_610980095751725_6303674772070534595_o.jpg

Seems pretty confirmed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

15003335_610980095751725_6303674772070534595_o.jpg

Seems pretty confirmed.

Not much a deal really. An extra €49.99 for a game like Titanfall 2. It's cheaper to buy the game separately on Amazon.

Yeah doesn't argos have skyrim for 48?

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭HairySalmon

Any idea what bundles Smyths have going?

Any idea what bundles Smyths have going?

Was in today and asked, said they won't know till a couple of days before launch. They did say though that anyone with a pre order no matter when will get a console on release

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭Varik

prob be enclosed i havent decided which 2tb hard drive to get for the pro yet which one would be best? going to swap out 1tb that comes with pro...

The HDD with the case can't be use as is, people who've bought it here were doing so to break it apart to take the HDD out and put it in the PS4.

The Pro uses SATA 3.0 so it's capable of using faster drives, so might be worthwhile to wait and see benchmarks of SSD and SSHD. The 1TB won't fill in the short while it takes to make a decision.

and to connect 2 ps4s will it be a usb transfer cable i need?

( Edit ) couldnt it just be easier to back up my game data and digital bought stuff to ps plus cloud then when i get the pro i can just restore it from the ps plus cloud onto the pro's new 2tb hardrive i will put in?

Do backup saves to PS cloud but bought content is already on your account so there's no backing that up to the cloud.

Backing up game content on to a external drive is very slow. You can't connect 2 PS4 with USB you'd need to put everything off the 1st ps4 onto a external hard drive and then copy it from that hard drive to the new one, It's very slow.

The method to transfer between 2 PS4s directly is comparatively very fast and uses an ethernet connection (large phone line looking cable), all you need to do is make sure both console are connected to the internet as well when transferring.

Advertisement