Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Pro general stuff.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭.G.

I can't bloody wait now. Christmas come early :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

I'm gonna be glad to get my PS4 back. Missing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Apparently PSVR looks significantly better on Pro, unsurprisingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Paullimerick

Hi all sorry if this is not the thread for this. BUT I wanna buy a ps4 for Xmas for a present. ANYONE know where the best place is to buy one. AS the name suggests I am in limerick.
    THANKS again who ever might be of help

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Grecco

Sony have had to release PS4 pro stock that it had earmarked for 2017. Looks like sales of the Pro are far ahead of what they expected

Hi all sorry if this is not the thread for this. BUT I wanna buy a ps4 for Xmas for a present. ANYONE know where the best place is to buy one. AS the name suggests I am in limerick.
    THANKS again who ever might be of help

Wait for a decent deal on black friday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Wait for a decent deal on black friday.

Do ya reckon there will be deals so soon into the consoles life?

Do ya reckon there will be deals so soon into the consoles life?

Well he said PS4, not PS4 pro, so I assume he's easy. I'd be pretty sure there'll be deals on the OG PS4 and the slim.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Well he said PS4, not PS4 pro, so I assume he's easy. I'd be pretty sure there'll be deals on the OG PS4 and the slim.

Ye but he's in here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Varik wrote: »
    Ye but he's in here.

I didnt even notice only mentioning ps4!.

If i could get a bargain on this and sell on my current ps4 im all for it but ive spent enough lately on the psvr so :pac:

The fact im hearing good things about what the pro does for vr is making me interested again though ffs :P

Varik wrote: »
    Ye but he's in here.

He also said 'sorry if this is the wrong place to ask' and then said PS4, and not PS4 Pro. So I assume he's reasonably easy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Denisoftus

Apparently PSVR looks significantly better on Pro, unsurprisingly.

Anyone seen it already?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,948 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Review embargo lifts today so expect reviews later on hopefully Digital Foundry will get theirs out later

Denisoftus wrote: »
    Anyone seen it already?

Yeah, there was a site showing comparison pics.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭weiland79

So i want to back up my game saves etc to an external HDD. The one i have has other stuff on it,do i create a folder on the drive and save everything there?

weiland79 wrote: »
    So i want to back up my game saves etc to an external HDD. The one i have has other stuff on it,do i create a folder on the drive and save everything there?

PS4 will do that itself, you don't get a choice.

It'll make a folder on hard drive called PS4 and then a few folders inside that in your case one called SAVEDATA.

Problem is if the hard drive is formated in the wrong format, PS4 will want to wipe it first.

Apparently the pro is very quite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

Just letting you guys know that the gamestop trade in offer for 195 euro off the Pro is still available, since it was mentioned on a previous page that it had finished.. it aint, its still going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Just letting you guys know that the gamestop trade in offer for 195 euro off the Pro is still available, since it was mentioned on a previous page that it had finished.. it aint, its still going.

Yeah, can second that. I traded in my launch PS4 on Sunday against the Pro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,948 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Digital Foundry review is up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

peteeeed wrote: »

the stuff review was terrible a very vague review indeed. Also incorrect information in it saying that the breakout box doesn't support 4k when it actually does it just doesn't support HDR.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

the stuff review was terrible a very vague review indeed. Also incorrect information in it saying that the breakout box doesn't support 4k when it actually does it just doesn't support HDR.

That stuff review could have been published by anyone really. I'd go as far as to say he never even had a PS4 Pro is his hands.

Even the first paragraph he compares it to the Scorpio which is completely wrong. The Pro is against the One S. Basic errors like that just take any credibility from the review.

Digital Foundry have a new site for their new patreon supporters ($5 a month), basically access to higher quality videos than youtube can do.

DigitalFoundary.net

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Gamestop.ie have charged me for the pre-order.
    Would be nice to get it early as I've sold my OG PS4.

Glad I've got the 4K TV and what not ready to go already. Looks like what I expected already.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭robertowjr

Do you guys know which shops will definitely have them on release day? Went to Gamestop and was told they won't have stock until the 25th.

TV ready and BF1 on its way from Amazon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

robertowjr wrote: »
    Do you guys know which shops will definitely have them on release day? Went to Gamestop and was told they won't have stock until the 25th.

TV ready and BF1 on its way from Amazon.

Have you tried Smyths, Argos or maybe Harvey Norman?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭robertowjr

Have you tried Smyths, Argos or maybe Harvey Norman?

Will give Smyths and Argos a buzz, no HN close to me. Cheers

Advertisement