Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Pro general stuff.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

Still no word on the BF1 Pro patch or what it entails. It will hold 60FPS or more consistent FR anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Klair88 wrote: »
    Still no word on the BF1 Pro patch or what it entails. It will hold 60FPS or more consistent FR anyway.

It will only be single player improvements as they are not allowed to give advantage to non Pro players online so fps will be the exact same in MP games across all PS4s.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

It will only be single player improvements as they are not allowed to give advantage to non Pro players online so fps will be the exact same in MP games across all PS4s.

The FPS is 60FPS anyway in MP but it dips often on the OG PS4 so the Pro with the up-clocked CPU will hold that 60FPS better, even without a patch

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Sainsburys are offering the pro + dishonored 2 for £359 in the UK, I am seriously thinking off not collecting my pro from smyths tomorrow unless they have some sort of a bundle!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Klair88 wrote: »
    The FPS is 60FPS anyway in MP but it dips often on the OG PS4 so the Pro with the up-clocked CPU will hold that 60FPS better, even without a patch

That'd give an advantage to Pro players in multiplayer and they want it to be an even playing field. Frustrating but there you go. The single player will benefit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

$5 dollars a month... What is this 2002.

I'll stick with their Youtube channel.

In fairness,they are worth $5 a month,very informative and have saved me making some bad purchases in the past..

Apparently Gamestop are no longer offering the 195 for 500gb consoles, according to someone on Neogaf. Which would be disappointing of them if true.

Dropped my old 500gb ps4 into them this morning and was told its 195eur trade in against the pro,not sure if you had to pre-order before a certain date though..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Amazon say mine is due to ship today. Anyone had theirs shipped yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭jones

bigphil2 wrote: »
    Dropped my old 500gb ps4 into them this morning and was told its 195eur trade in against the pro,not sure if you had to pre-order before a certain date though..

Must have been i was told 110 trade in off the Pro about 2/3 weeks ago

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Denisoftus

Has anyone got an email from Smyths yet? They should start sending already.

• Advertisement

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Sony allowing 3rd party devs to charge for PS4 patches. Wtf

Thats Bull anyway..

Can't see it happening myself. Plus the real test would be the market - who would actually pay extra for a game they already own to unlock Pro features.

anyone know if I can still trade my PS4 for a good price tomorrow with gamestop? Also, do I need to box it in the original PS4 box, or is a bag sufficient?

Today is the last day to get the offer of the extra 50eur trade in bringing it up to 195 against the pro.. (assuming you have pre-ordered it with them as i reckon they are all out of launch day units)

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭mcgrath1992

anyone know what time would be best to reserve one in argos? presuming they have them 1st thing in the morning of course

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Umm, DPD changed the status of my Gamestop.ie order to "Rescheduled Delivery".
    Was to have been delivered between 11.20 and 12.20 today.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭keyboard_cat

Traded my ps4 in GameStop today 500gb model but threw a 1tb in and gave them doom so I only have to pay 145 euro for the pro pretty good promo I think

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Umm, DPD changed the status of my Gamestop.ie order to "Rescheduled Delivery".
    Was to have been delivered between 11.20 and 12.20 today.

Possibly they've been told not to release them till Thursday?

Possibly they've been told not to release them till Thursday?

65361276.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Interesting...

I was in my local Smyths today. They got in 6 Pro's , only 3 are pre-orders and 3 are for sale. When the VR was released the same store got 20 in with 17 pre-ordered leaving 3 for sale . Going by these figures my prediction about a month ago on here is correct that the Pro wont get sales traction till later after release as a lot of ppl have bought cheap PS4's in the sales a few months ago when the likes of Argos etc cleared out the older models .

I might just buy a Pro in Argos and leave it unopened and if I see a deal with free games etc coming up in the next few weeks I can bring the Pro back for a refund and get a bundle offer instead ...unless bundles will be released tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭R.F.

Gorey only got in 21 consoles and all were pre ordered

Thats a very low number

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭mcgrath1992

Interesting...

I was in my local Smyths today. They got in 6 Pro's , only 3 are pre-orders and 3 are for sale. When the VR was released the same store got 20 in with 17 pre-ordered leaving 3 for sale . Going by these figures my prediction about a month ago on here is correct that the Pro wont get sales traction till later after release as a lot of ppl have bought cheap PS4's in the sales a few months ago when the likes of Argos etc cleared out the older models .

I might just buy a Pro in Argos and leave it unopened and if I see a deal with free games etc coming up in the next few weeks I can bring the Pro back for a refund and get a bundle offer instead ...unless bundles will be released tomorrow.

i,ll prob get mine in argos too , what would be the best time to jump the que and reserve one in the morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

i,ll prob get mine in argos too , what would be the best time to jump the que and reserve one in the morning?

I'm not sure. Last year in the Black friday sales , the prices changed at 2am .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Keith186

jones wrote: »
    Must have been i was told 110 trade in off the Pro about 2/3 weeks ago
    Well I went back today and was told the higher amount by a different staff member. Told him I had pre-ordered it and he didn't ask from what date or anything. Gonna trade it in later.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Amazon say mine is due to ship today. Anyone had theirs shipped yet?

mine says to dispatch today but no dispatch email yet

Keith186 wrote: »
    Well I went back today and was told the higher amount by a different staff member. Told him I had pre-ordered it and he didn't ask from what date or anything. Gonna trade it in later.

Hmmm interesting!!! I was talking to one member today and he put my name on one of the consoles he said there is a lot of misinformation even between the shops.

My PS4 is a launch day console not the slim 500 gb but it seems they are all going for the same trade in price now depends on harddisk size

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Gaw_

Anyone else have their Smyths pre-order cancelled? I'm absolutely fuming.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭HairySalmon

No word on smyths bundles yet?

Gamestop.ie package has finally arrived.
    Gonna prioritise the download of UC 4 & Dark Souls 3 tonight. Hopefully i'll have time to give one of them a rattle.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Gaw_ wrote: »
    Anyone else have their Smyths pre-order cancelled? I'm absolutely fuming.

Did they give the reasoning? Did you put a deposit down?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Got a call from Gamestop today, and will be collecting mine in the morning. Will swap in a 2TB hd during lunch, and kick off some game downloads.

Advertisement